My cockpit, so cheap that I'm thinking of making a second one!

• Thread starter Krue
  • 11 comments
Krue81
Well, kinda new here, but totally loving and reading the site like a year ago...
My first post just to show you all how my cheap cockpit project ended:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This was more like a test, to see if all the measurements were ok and if the table was sturdy enough... I don't have enough carpentry skills to make it perfect, but by making this cockpit I figured out the measurements that fit me well, the exact points were I have to reinforce it, and also, it gave me a lot of ideas for a more complex and sturdy cockpit...

The price was very very low... Some cheap wood (less than $10 worth), some MDF panel cutouts that I had lying in my home, a camping chair (like $5), some spray paint, 4 simple sticker paper sheets (printed by me). So low that right now I'm planning of makind a second one, ironing out all the weak points that I found in this one...

Top part (wheel mount area) looks good..but as stated above, you might want to consider a better chair/seat for those long enduros!

All in all though, good job! 👍

hate to bring up this old thread but love the beach chair :D ...... cause u got this mad cockpit and then you've got out of nowhere a beach chair LOL.

What do u say when people come over? I don't think i could admit to someone how much time i've spent playing video games that i felt the urge to build a cockpit for it

No way mate!! Not only should you NOT treat what you enjoy doing as some sort of shameful act, but you should then tell them that the gaming industry is bigger than the Hollywood one is. Its just a shame thats you're so far away mate, I'd have paid for you to make me one!!
Danisfast

DUDE SWEET COCKPIT!!
why dont u use that black chair in the back ground of the second and third shots instead of the beach chair lol but they can be pretty comfy

lol have fun with it

Back