FormulaGT @ Nurburgring (GT Mode)

• Thread starter Z
  • 7 comments

Z

United States
Midwest, USA
Turismo-Z
I put together a pretty decent (still see .6 or so remaining) lap in 4'51.947 and was wondering if anyone has seen anything close to or faster than this in GT Mode? I've seen several times in the 4'4x range, but all of them were set in Arcade, or a different car was being used. Thanks in advance.

Was able to shave 1.2s from my previous best. New time is 4'50.718. I lost .4 or so from T6 -> Finish, a difficult task to do again.

Splits from this lap:

T1: 30.346
T2: 54.014
T3: 1'14.130
T4: 1'47.703
T5: 2'13.795
T6: 2'32.197
T7: 3'06.591
T8: 3'34.875
T9: 3'48.993
T10: 4'16.584
T11: 4'34.526

Anyone as fast or faster?

Any traction control? I tried a few times with no TC and all stock settings, times around 5 min. Which transmission setting are you on and wut's your top speed?

Yes, I used TCS at level 1 due to various bumpy sections. Springs at 10.0/10.0, bound/rebound 1/1 - 1/1, etc.

Used Auto setting 16 for the gears, don't recall the final drive, but I topped out at 352km/h or something. Here's a video of the lap:

In real life your ass would be burning hot from all the bottoming out. But thats fast and tidy. MY best is only about 5:10 in an F1. I can't do the last sections after that jump flat out like you did with out losing it.

Great run Z!! What was your ride hight? I'm assuming it was pretty high with you being on the curbing often towards the end of the lap.

The only car I've been able to get below 5'00 is the Minolta and that was just barley below 5'00.

Great run Z!! What was your ride hight? I'm assuming it was pretty high with you being on the curbing often towards the end of the lap.

The only car I've been able to get below 5'00 is the Minolta and that was just barley below 5'00.

Yep.. 65/65 for the ride height. Anything else seems to cause the TCS to kick in more and slow you down. The soft suspension and high ride height help make the car much easier to control over the bumps, unlike, say, the Arcade F1.

I've been looking for a reason to start racing on the Nurburgring again, its been so long im not sure if I even remember the track layout lol, I doubt i'll get anywhere near you on this one though Z, i'm yet to make it under the 5 minute barrier with any car around this track, my best time with the FGT if I remember right is a 5'08.xxx which I set 3 or 4 months ago now in the first FGT series when I was new to GTP, it will be interesting to see if my driving has improved at all since then :)

EDIT: First clean lap is a 5'12.482, that was with TCS and ASM turned off, I think my 5'08 had plenty of both lol, i'll keep trying :)

Back