GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have another unknown special edition...

naamloosdx.png

89661009.png

A red GT-R with a white circular splodge above the rear wheel arch, a real life car or another 'PD concept'?

Robin

Livery editor? Doubt it. They'd show that more clearly if that were the case.

Exactly, does anyone really think that not one of the thousands of press at TGS would have not picked up on it buy now if these were livery editor cars!

My money is either that they are real cars they have these liveries (especially the mini because it has drivers names on the side) or they are designed by PD cars.

Robin.

about the gtr, why does everyone think its paint, its not, watch the video with it. its scraped paint. nothing special, its just damage.

Well it may very well be from the Forza or the EA stand then...

EDIT : My mistake, I just saw the G4TV Photo Tour of Polyphony Digital Studio and these Porsche posters are from there.
But I don't think it's a hint, unfortunately :(

Last edited:
Does anybody know why PD hasn't included any Lotus Exige models in their releases (There was something like one in GT4 as I recall, but it had an Elise badge)? I was hoping they would work it into GT5, but so far it doesn't look like it will be in there.

I suppose we can't really say anything until it's actually released, but it would certainly be nice to know beforehand...

There never was any Exige in a Gran Turismo game.
It's sad though but hopefully with the 950+ cars of GT5, it might finally be there :)

There never was any Exige in a Gran Turismo game.
It's sad though but hopefully with the 950+ cars of GT5, it might finally be there :)
It'd be inexcusable if it wasn't included this go-around. A Lotus Exige is a car that absolutely has to be in this game.

The S1 Motorsport Elise and S1 Exige are almost indistinguishable - save for 30hp in the Motorsport Elise's favour and slight differences in aerodynamics and cooling.

Anyway, since this isn't a wishlist thread... The image above includes a 2002 Esprit V8 (taillights, from another image are a giveaway), and I note we've not got a model year on the master list.

Any ideas as to what this is? I'm thinking it's a Super GT car.
It looks like a GT 500 class Super GT Lexus SC430. A car (if I'm right) which we've already seen a screenshot of a long, long time ago. 👍

I'm guessing the Mini is the John Cooper Works Mini - buy one and you're entered into a Mini race series. The Union Jack roof decal is more than likely part of the colour options - you can select loads of different roof decals from the options list on the real car.

The Gran Turismo window banner I'm guessing is something to do with licensing, the real car probably has a sponsors name there who won't be appearing in the game for some reason.

Glad to see the amount of WRC cars in there, but a little disappointed the cars are running a gravel spec setup on an asphalt race!

tut tut PD, tut tut...

I'm guessing the Mini is the John Cooper Works Mini - buy one and you're entered into a Mini race series. The Union Jack roof decal is more than likely part of the colour options - you can select loads of different roof decals from the options list on the real car.

The Gran Turismo window banner I'm guessing is something to do with licensing, the real car probably has a sponsors name there who won't be appearing in the game for some reason.

Im pretty sure its a real life car because it has the names of the driver and co driver on the side... there hasnt been a hi enough res shot to see what thse names are.

Robin.

I just noticed something, don't know if it has been discussed somewhere else but anyway :

The WRC cars are no longer Rally Japan Spec, as they were in the E3 Trailer.
Now there's a "WRC" banner instead of the "Rally Japan" one we saw on the E3 video.

Thoughts anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back