For Those Who Want to Play With GT FORCE PRO

• Thread starter gt3killer
  • 44 comments
tofuman
Hey guys heres the deal I guess the US ver of GTHD concept has a bug which will not enable FF on the GT FORCE PRO steering wheel. I'm actual playing the Japanese ver and the FF works fine with no problems. After hearing ppl saying that it's not working I went and DL the us ver only to find that FF didn't work. I also noticed that in the US ver has the steering FF strength missing in the options screen.

If FF is a must for you guys then try DL the Japanese Ver. of GTHD.

Here is a link from another guy showing you how to create a japanese account: http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

When I played my GTHD for the first time yesterday, I hooked up my DFP up to my PS3 and it set itself to 200 degree steering mode, however there was force feedback, all I had to do was press the button combo on the wheel itself to set it to 900 degree mode.

However this morning the force feedback is gone, I know the US version can/does have force feedback, just gota find out how to enable it

No, Gabkicks wasn't saying that it was posted before, he said a lot of people will appreciate your post IF it hasn't been posted before.

Nice info there mate, thanx a lot :cheers:

Ciao!

Thanks for the tip!
I've had a Hong Kong acct for a while, I'll download the asian version & see if I can decipher it well enough to play it.
If everything is in the same place I'll figure it out, I would like to try this with FF.
I'm in the top 3 in a couple of the reverse races & if I had the feedback from the wheel I think I could improve.

I'll let you know how it works.

Edit
How do you activate FF in the asia version?
I don't read Japaneese so any help would be nice!!

I hope this is not true and there is a fix for the Force Feedback because I intend to play GTDH with my wheel. The download is 625MB and is taking FOREVER to download....and I am downloading the US version. I'll see what I can do to confirm the force feedback issues with the wheel once it completes.

IMO the game is worthless without the FFB :(
I wouldn't call it worthless, but it does take a lot away. The coolest function, in my opinion, is the force feedback. The fact that an updated version takes it away means that it can be done with the PS3 and is not a hardware issue.

I am holding on to hope that it will be added later on, at least for the full GT5.

[conspiracy theory]I hope this isn't some way for Sony or PD to not support force feedback fully on the DFP so they can sell teh next steering wheel for $300 again. Hopefully if it is something like this they can be called out on it because of their slip up on the first version.[/conspiracy theory]

Is there any kind of Sony online support for PS3 users that can ask about the force feedback and maybe get an answer, or if it is a glitch have it fixed?

have anyone try this wheel on the game yet?
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2250,CONTENTID=11867

it says for PS2 but who knows :)

yeah i have and it's awesome! the g25 is the best wheel out from logitech! it also works great with GTR2 on the PC. if you're thinking about getting a wheel that should be the one I really enjoy it and it's brought my game to a new level. if you're looking for a good deal hit pricegrabber.com and you'll find it for less then $300 shipped.

The reason FF isn't supported on the PS3 has nothing to do with sony trying to sell us a new wheel. They lost all rights to force feedback and the rumble feature on the controller, this was a lawsuit that took place a lil while ago.

Right now Sony is playing hardball with the company who owns the rights to the FF and rumble feature. I think Xbox paid close to $500 million to keep it. Sony instead took them to court and lost.

It's a Pita for us though.

The reason FF isn't supported on the PS3 has nothing to do with sony trying to sell us a new wheel. They lost all rights to force feedback and the rumble feature on the controller, this was a lawsuit that took place a lil while ago.

Right now Sony is playing hardball with the company who owns the rights to the FF and rumble feature. I think Xbox paid close to $500 million to keep it. Sony instead took them to court and lost.

It's a Pita for us though.

FFB is not Rumble. The Immersiona suit has nothing to do with FFB this is a common misconception on the net. FFB works on NFSC on the PS3 and did work with the JPN GTHD v1.0 demo. Sony lost the suit, and then lost their appeal because their witness was turned down.. M$ paid 22 million or so and decided to purchase 10% of Immersion. The Immersion rumble patent is very vauge and this is why Sony chooses not to pay them for this BS suit. Immersion waited YEARS to go after Sony all of a sudden.. Long story short FFB support is up to game devs to code in.. then hardware manufacturers if they CHOOSE to license and built FFB hardware. 👍

FFB is not Rumble. The Immersiona suit has nothing to do with FFB this is a common misconception on the net. FFB works on NFSC on the PS3 and did work with the JPN GTHD v1.0 demo. Sony lost the suit, and then lost their appeal because their witness was turned down.. M$ paid 22 million or so and decided to purchase 10% of Immersion. The Immersion rumble patent is very vauge and this is why Sony chooses not to pay them for this BS suit. Immersion waited YEARS to go after Sony all of a sudden.. Long story short FFB support is up to game devs to code in.. then hardware manufacturers if they CHOOSE to license and built FFB hardware. 👍

FFB is affected by the lawsuit. All hardware using the relevent technology must be licenced by Immersion. Look on any FFB wheel's manual or box and you'll finds the licencing details. Same goes for any software utilising the relevent hardware. The reason NFSC FFB works is because the licence has been paid/issued for that piece of software. NFSC is not published by Sony. Any games published by Sony will be affected.

FFB is affected by the lawsuit. All hardware using the relevent technology must be licenced by Immersion. Look on any FFB wheel's manual or box and you'll finds the licencing details. Same goes for any software utilising the relevent hardware. The reason NFSC FFB works is because the licence has been paid/issued for that piece of software. NFSC is not published by Sony. Any games published by Sony will be affected.

wrong. read the suit, i have. first of all it's about hardware. second of all it's about rumble and not FFB. I repeat, rumble is not FFB. This has been covered here as well as many other forums online.. misinformation is the enemy.

Feedback is affected in the U.S as a Side issue to the legal proceedings.

SCEA could get licensing for force feed back and rumble and future immersion patents, but for that to happen the chief executive of immersion has told SCEA That Sony will have to drop their appeal. SCEA arent prepared to do that.

It would appear that feeback is not restricted outside the U.S though and is available in the japenese GTHD on a SCEJ PS3.
The only effect the Court case has had world wide is the removal of Rumble from the Controllers.

See my post in the g25 thread for more.

2JZ must be a viral marketer. HOw many times will it have to pointed out that this guy is spreading wrong information?

i don't know what it is about this forum.. people just spout off whatever they believe to be true..

Immersion won't go after Nintendo because they "build their motors differently".. RUMBLE not FFB. :dunce:

i don't know what it is about this forum.. people just spout off whatever they believe to be true..

Immersion won't go after Nintendo because they "build their motors differently".. RUMBLE not FFB. :dunce:

Actually Immersion said that they are now looking into Nintendo's controllers to see if they are in violation. Technically Sony built their motors differently as well, didn't save them and it wont save Nintendo.

You need to stop with the misinformation. The reason we dont have FFB in the US is because of the lawsuit, no other reason. This is why the Japanese GTHD has FFB and we don't. It has nothing to do with Polyphony not wanting us to have it and everything to do with the lawsuit. How are you so blind to see the obvious?

Actually Immersion said that they are now looking into Nintendo's controllers to see if they are in violation. Technically Sony built their motors differently as well, didn't save them and it wont save Nintendo.

Wow. If that's true, someone needs to drop an Acme anvil on Immersion. They are putting a serious buzzkill on gaming.

Is Microsoft affected in any way? If not, I'm convinced that they pointed Immersion in the right direction. After 5+ years, they go after Sony's rumble-stuff now? Right when the PS3 & Wii come out? :fishy:

Wow. If that's true, someone needs to drop an Acme anvil on Immersion. They are putting a serious buzzkill on gaming.

Is Microsoft affected in any way? If not, I'm convinced that they pointed Immersion in the right direction. After 5+ years, they go after Sony's rumble-stuff now? Right when the PS3 & Wii come out? :fishy:
Microsoft just ponied up the cash and went on their merry way.

Are you honestly surprised by these lawsuits in a world where it is common to sue whoever happens to be making money?

Harry tuttle, this case is not new (its been dragging on over the last few years) and wasnt timed to coincide with the release of the new next gen consoles it was all about the PS2, Microsoft and Sony were both accused simultainiously, however Microsoft decided they couldnt win, and paid out, and briefley bought into immersion, Sony on the other hand dug in for a fight and lost, and immersion were awarded $92 million. Sony has Since been appealing,they lost one, and now we have another which has just started. the fact that the issue is still not over leaves Sony currently unable to implement any of immersions patetnted technology such as FF and rumble into either hardware like the controllers or software ala GTHD in the U.S. of course even when the case is over if sony lose, it will be hard to see Sony go grovelling to immersion for any of their patents any way!
I wonder whos decision it was to fight this case so prolifically, and wonder if they will still have there job when its all done?

As well as Immersion looking into Nintendo's rumble in the Wii mote, nintendo are already being sued by another company(interlink) over the screen pointer aspect of the Wii mote.
I also heard that someone else is suing Sony over the PS Dual shock, for a certain electrical connector!

2JZFAN the case and appeals were argued over technical points of the use of the dual mass motors, not the motors themselves. a lot of Sonys argument was based around the pulses and frequency used to control the motors.

As well as Immersion looking into Nintendo's rumble in the Wii mote, nintendo are already being sued by another company(interlink) over the screen pointer aspect of the Wii mote.
I also heard that someone else is suing Sony over the PS Dual shock, for a certain electrical connector!
Wait, you can patent the idea of a screen pointer?

That's it! I am patenting every single thing I go, "I wish I could do..." so I can sue when someone else with better brains than myself comes up with it.

I dont know the full details of the nintendo case but it has to do with the technology involved, not just an idea.:)

Back