I hope there will be russian cars in GT5.

Yes, the ZIL are classics, imagine racing with the "Stalin-ZIL" against the "Putin-ZIL". Less power, but also less armour and, therefore, weight :sly:

:confused:
I thought Ladas are czech cars.,...

You.... are in mistake. We have SKODA, TATRA, PRAGA, AERO, now even Hyundai and Toyota/PSA in Kolin. But Ladas are licensed fiats made in Soviet Union - now Russia, our beloved ex-big brother :)

Actually Ladas aren't licenced Fiats, only the body is Fiat design, the engines and drivetrains are completely Russian technology. That's probably the only thing that explains why the engine gets running without too much trouble at -40 degrees Celsius... :D

- R -

it's pretty obvious we know nothing about russian cars, so could you post some pics, stats or links. They'd be much appreciated!

I think it would actually be cool to blast around in a GAZ 31 Volga, like the one in Goldeneye :lol:

I read that the cars used in Goldeneye had to be modified to be driven in the UK (the tank chase scene was filmed at Pinewood) because the suspension didn't pass some or other safety standards test.

-> I were talking about sick Russian Cars, may I recommend the (GAZ) Volga V12 Coupe. It is powered by a huge BMW V12 engine:

volga-11.jpg

volga-08.jpg

volga-04.jpg

-> If thats too much, heres a "lesser" version (GAZ) Volga V8 powered by BMW M6:

image.php

image.php

image.php

^ Russia represent! :D

Whoah, thats some extreme retro right there, new interior with the same 45 year old body shell! I bet that would be sooooo cool to drive. :D

-> I were talking about sick Russian Cars, may I recommend the (GAZ) Volga V12 Coupe. It is powered by a huge BMW V12 engine:

volga-11.jpg

volga-08.jpg

volga-04.jpg

-> If thats too much, heres a "lesser" version (GAZ) Volga V8 powered by BMW M6:

image.php

image.php

image.php

^ Russia represent! :D

Right! I want prices for purchase and to ship it to my driveway, and also a list of things I need to do to get it past the Nazis at Transport SA!

WE may possibly get Russia. I don't know about Russian cars, but maybe Russia. This kind of ties into my everyday driver threads for both GT4 and GT5. Now those older GAZ Volgas... those are beautiful. I have limited knowledge of Russian cars from the old Speed Channel show, "The World's Greatest Auto Shows: Moscow" episode. I think I tried to start a discussion about Russian cars in the "Cars in General" forum. All I got were a few angry posts by (an undisclosed fellow).

But back on topic. I say there's nothing wrong with anyone of any nation wanting to see his/her nation's cars in a game as big as Gran Turismo. Criticisms aside, about 8 or 10 nations were represented in GT4. We've seen the debut for Sweden, Spain, Denmark, and the Korea Republic in GT4. Who knows? Maybe firms in Russia, Czeckoslovakia ("Czech Republic" nowadays), India, and places likt that could be represented. I think GT4 stressed historical significance and a celebration of the automobile. I obviously don't know much about Russian cars to make a claim. Was GAZ the first Russian car company? Have they beared any true significance? You'll have to school us on Russian cars.

One last thing... it's great to provide international perspective, speaking as a person who admires and respects multicultural diversity. So thanks for coming up with a topic like this.

And off topic... I thought Lada was an Indian car maker. I know Tata is, but not Lada, I don't think.

WE may possibly get Russia. I don't know about Russian cars, but maybe Russia. This kind of ties into my everyday driver threads for both GT4 and GT5. Now those older GAZ Volgas... those are beautiful. I have limited knowledge of Russian cars from the old Speed Channel show, "The World's Greatest Auto Shows: Moscow" episode. I think I tried to start a discussion about Russian cars in the "Cars in General" forum. All I got were a few angry posts by (an undisclosed fellow).

But back on topic. I say there's nothing wrong with anyone of any nation wanting to see his/her nation's cars in a game as big as Gran Turismo. Criticisms aside, about 8 or 10 nations were represented in GT4. We've seen the debut for Sweden, Spain, Denmark, and the Korea Republic in GT4. Who knows? Maybe firms in Russia, Czeckoslovakia ("Czech Republic" nowadays), India, and places likt that could be represented. I think GT4 stressed historical significance and a celebration of the automobile. I obviously don't know much about Russian cars to make a claim. Was GAZ the first Russian car company? Have they beared any true significance? You'll have to school us on Russian cars.

One last thing... it's great to provide international perspective, speaking as a person who admires and respects multicultural diversity. So thanks for coming up with a topic like this.

And off topic... I thought Lada was an Indian car maker. I know Tata is, but not Lada, I don't think.

Damn.. i think my game is broken cuz i don't have Denmark in it... what kind of cars do they make? :sly:

No, in all seriousness i'd love to see more countries in GT5, currently they're are 11 countries in GT, there's always room for more tho :dopey: Maybe Russia, Poland, Czech (for sure.. gotta have those Fabias 👍 ), India, China, RSA... just so long as we get a race track for each one :sly:

And those GAZ's are beautiful.. wish they made cars more like that here :(

i usually dont like russian cars... but as long as they have a v12 and good looks like this one, GT5 it!

volga-45.jpg

here's a few noteworthy Russian vehicles that should be in the game :dopey:
2569.jpg

BondCar07.jpg

if you can't tell, they are both from the Goldeneye James Bond Movie

Back