English Translations for GT5:P Demo

un_peacekeeper
I have posted a translation already for the controls, but as I start to do more, I felt that I need to collect them into a thread, so it would be easier to see.

I apologize for poor image quality, but I am sure you will be able to see it. I just took it with phone (I can you can tell either from quality - or lack thereof - or from imageshack info.)

Option Menu Part I:

Option Menu Part II:

NOTE: The zoom and confirm are present in multiple screens and menus, and so far, I have tried zoom in just about every one of the screens and they seem to work. Although in the race options menu, they cycle your menu choices as you zoom but... Anyways, zoom works for showroom too, so happy viewing.

Sorry for the confusion, I want to clarify. The zoom function I am speaking of is similar to the Triangle button in replays, but works in the menus, and is mapped to R1. Works just about everywhere in the menu. I am thinking that some of the text are small, and PD thoughtfully provides a zoom function.

UPDATE: Apparently, it has been confirmed (thank you, VIPERGTSR01) that the zoom function is actually absent when running on HD, and only appears on SD, which makes sense!

Control Menu:

Sound Options:

Race Options:

Note: What I labeled "starter" should be "standard" (thanks Rocket Punch)

Some have asked about the simulation choice. I labelled it Simulation, as a direct translation. However, I should clarify that if the menus were localized in English, I would believe that it would say "Physics Mode" or something similar. It allows you to choose the type of physics simulated in the game. The first of the two options is a "standard" (direct translation - I am inferring that this refers to the GT:HD esque physics engine). The latter is the "professional" (direct again...I am inferring that this is the new GT5 engine).

NEW UPDATE

Controller Option:

Steering Options:

Steering Options II:

Thank KSaiyu :)

No problem, just like to help out. I remember a few years back I was reading someone's translation for GT4 Prologue, and I found it so useful, so I would like to do the same since noone has done anything. lol.

BlazingDragon, I think you're the first to reply after 40 views haha.

anyhow...added a note to the inital post that the zoom function and confirm is present in multiple screens not just the option menu. the zoom is there even for showroom so that's cool.

Good job.

Are you running it in HD un_peacekeeper? I don't have the zoom function in menu's and have some extra writing under the icons in the options (I am running 720p)

Zoom? You mean, like the zoom in replays, Triangle? Works on the menus too, or are you talking about something different?

The zoom function I am speaking of is similar to the Triangle button in replays, but works in the menus. Press R1 in the menu, and check it out. Works just about everywhere in the menu. I am thinking that some of the text are small, and PD thoughtfully provides a zoom function.

Good job.

Are you running it in HD un_peacekeeper? I don't have the zoom function in menu's and have some extra writing under the icons in the options (I am running 720p)

Nope, I am running on SD (480i). It's part of the reason why the quality is so bad. (Can't afford an HDTV lol - unless I get something small, which defeats the purpose).

dude thats great i wanted to know what the option was under trans when your about to start a race

SkylinevspecII, under transmission, I labelled it Simulation, as a direct translation. However, I should clarify that if the menus were localized in English, I would believe that it would say "Physics Mode" or something similar. It allows you to choose the type of physics simulated in the game.

The first of the two options is a "starter" (direct translation again - I am inferring that this refers to the GT:HD esque physics engine). The latter is the "professional" (direct again...I am inferring that this is the new GT5 engine).

I personally have not played the game in the first setting, or even the second enough to judge the feel, despite having played GT4 to death.

The zoom function I am speaking of is similar to the Triangle button in replays, but works in the menus. Press R1 in the menu, and check it out. Works just about everywhere in the menu. I am thinking that some of the text are small, and PD thoughtfully provides a zoom function.

And no, I am running on SD (480i). It's part of the reason why the quality is so bad.

Yeah I think the Zoom function is for people that are running SD, interesting to know. (I dont have the R1 button on the top right of my screen like you do, just the X)

Yeah I think the Zoom function is for people that are running SD, interesting to know. (I dont have the R1 button on the top right of my screen like you do, just the X)

That is very interesting, and thoughtful of PD. I am thinking that the text on HD is exceptionally clear? My SD definitely isn't, and the zoom function is quite helpful!

Anyone want to take a shot at translating the news section?

I would also like to know what scrolls on the bottom when you dont hit any buttons.

I noticed it always starts out saying some kind of race series.

The best I've been able to understand was F3 at the beginning of one of the sentences and what I think was the date 11/22 towards the end of it.

Does anyone else here care to know?

Anyone want to take a shot at translating the news section?

I would also like to know what scrolls on the bottom when you dont hit any buttons.

I noticed it always starts out saying some kind of race series.

The best I've been able to understand was F3 at the beginning of one of the sentences and what I think was the date 11/22 towards the end of it.

Does anyone else here care to know?

It's a up-to date motorsports (real life) news ticker, something KY said GT5P would have.

I actually don't have much knowledge in Japanese. I can read the basics, and that's about it, and a slow reader. So the news was quite err...intimidating.

Thanks for the translations! :)👍

Is there anyway to turn off the HUD in the demo?... because when driving on interior view I dont need all the speedo stuff (because its on the real dash)..

Thanks for the translations! :)👍

Is there anyway to turn off the HUD in the demo?... because when driving on interior view I dont need all the speedo stuff (because its on the real dash)..

Not that I am aware of. But I will see if I can find some option, but I doubt it is there.

Thanks! I wondered what that new option was... (starter / professional)...

That is the physics mode - a choice.

Okay, new updates, added the controller, and steering. HOWEVER, I can't seem to understand one of the drop down menus...gotta think about it. I just might comeback with the answer. :) japanese definitely isn't my specialty lol.

Although I can "get by" in Japanese insofar as reading the screens in GT5:P(D), this is excellent work, and deserving of the +Rep I've given it.

UN, the steering options in order are:

Amateur
Professional
Simulation

Hope that helps, good job on the guide.

UN, the steering options in order are:

Amateur
Professional
Simulation

Hope that helps, good job on the guide.

Ohhh! I will go add that into the image right when I get home. In the mean time, I will just edit the post. Thanks!

+Rep. Thanks!

+rep Thanks a lot for this info!!!

Although I can "get by" in Japanese insofar as reading the screens in GT5:P(D), this is excellent work, and deserving of the +Rep I've given it.

Thank you! :)

As I said in my review of the game in the 10/20/2007 Demo thread, I needed this. Thank you very much, I knew my feedback felt kind of weak and I didn't even realize it had power steering as an option.

Definitely +Rep. 👍

Very helpful and here's to you for the work. :cheers:

Back