◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
So weird. And why have that GT-R be able to do that when the GT-R GT3 Basee Model exists.

I have no idea. As far as I can tell, I was under the impression base models were cars specially made for PD to permission from the manufacterers to specifically alter the colors, but I guess Nissan decided to allow it to happen with their blank GT-R GT3 as well. Pretty sure someone who isn't as keen with cars will easily get the two confused.

@Dragonwhisky @JLBowler @zer05ive

I will not be participating in any event until sound is fixed. No matter what I do I only get sound in my own lobby's or offline. I have tried everything I ccan and it still isnt cooperating.
I kinda feel the same way. I've tried everything myself and am convinced that the problem lies in the servers. I'm going for an all out hail Mary tonight and see if it does it in the endurance race. Unfortunately I have a responsibility on Sunday night. Even if I can't race Sunday I will be in that lobby to record replays and provide back-up to the host.

Rule of thumb... the side of the track they are on...overtake on that side because they will swerve over to the other side of the track for no reason. 👎
My strangest experience with the crap AI was a skyline rear-ending me in the Ferrari like 3 turns from the end of a 'perfect' (clean) race... Bonkers.

Does it seem to anyone else that the tire noise (when present) is quieter over all? I always felt it was excessive, now it seems less intrusive...

Also, when you update the car image thumbnails, the car gets scrunched up, like a cartoon car... So much random stuff going haywire lately...

My strangest experience with the crap AI was a skyline rear-ending me in the Ferrari like 3 turns from the end of a 'perfect' (clean) race... Bonkers.

Does it seem to anyone else that the tire noise (when present) is quieter over all? I always felt it was excessive, now it seems less intrusive...

Also, when you update the car image thumbnails, the car gets scrunched up, like a cartoon car... So much random stuff going haywire lately...
Yeah and I fell the vacuums are gone to. For some cars I think.

I kinda feel the same way. I've tried everything myself and am convinced that the problem lies in the servers. I'm going for an all out hail Mary tonight and see if it does it in the endurance race. Unfortunately I have a responsibility on Sunday night. Even if I can't race Sunday I will be in that lobby to record replays and provide back-up to the host.
This kind of thinking is one reason SNAIL is still around and has grown from 8-12 drivers to well over 100. :cheers: to you man.

I doubt the sound issue is server based. It more likely has to do with the changes to the sound code/reproduction in game and is exacerbated when the code has to reproduce and synchronize over the internet. I reckon they've been fiddling with that code since GT6 released, as it has been a major bone of contention for GT5's life span and that bone has been rattling around the GT6 cage as well. We'll just have to work through it and around it until they get it fixed. If you can hear your car you should race. Not hearing other cars is tolerable, for me anyway, since I won't have other cars drowning out mine and not be missing shifts as often. Not being able to see other cars however, is a different kettle of fish altogether and if that occurs and cannot be fixed with the usual corrective actions, that driver should stay off the track.

This kind of thinking is one reason SNAIL is still around and has grown from 8-12 drivers to well over 100. :cheers: to you man.

I doubt the sound issue is server based. It more likely has to do with the changes to the sound code/reproduction in game and is exacerbated when the code has to reproduce and synchronize over the internet. I reckon they've been fiddling with that code since GT6 released, as it has been a major bone of contention for GT5's life span and that bone has been rattling around the GT6 cage as well. We'll just have to work through it and around it until they get it fixed. If you can hear your car you should race. Not hearing other cars is tolerable, for me anyway, since I won't have other cars drowning out mine and not be missing shifts as often. Not being able to see other cars however, is a different kettle of fish altogether and if that occurs and cannot be fixed with the usual corrective actions, that driver should stay off the track.

I agree, but the sound issue I have been experiencing are the opposite. I cant hear my own car. But can here a car(s) and tires from the complete opposite side of the track. So I spend more time watching the tach and gear indicator than watching the track.

My sound issues have been inconsistent in everything except always manifesting in some way at Nurburgring. Silverstone has mostly worked, only failing during Thursday night practice, when several others had the same issue. I recall that at the time either @singlepaddy or I had sound but neither of us had it while the other did, as if we were trading it between us.

I like the pictures for the banners but it sucks that they have to be reversed. Can people just remember to take pictures with the car on the right side? Seeing the words in reverse is like watching an illegal stream of The Simpsons or something.
Or make a second template. I think limiting them to always be on the right is boring.

Sound Issues:
1) Last night I could not hear my tires or engine.
Result? Missing shift points and locking up the front brakes at tight cornering (indicated by sudden loss of steering control - my poor braking craft, of course)
2) Higher volume of other car's engines and tire sounds - irritating to say the least.
3) When ALL sounds were lost it was near impossible to drive or consider continuing in the races.
This is written for the benefit of the Monitors.

The combos for tomorrow are, drum roll please;

Round 1 - Honda NSX Type R '02 (Sport Medium tires), Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit (5 laps) 8 minutes of qualifying.

Round 2 - Spoon S2000 '00 (Race Hard tires), Autumn Ring (8 laps) 6 minutes of qualifying.

Round 3 - Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo (Sport Soft tires), Nurburgring GP/F (6 laps) 6 minutes qualifying.

Now, perhaps I have a few minutes to check out 1.12's new content bedore F1 qualifying starts.
Yup just finshed watching q3 on DVR. Great session.

To echo what @Dragonwhisky said, that's dedication holmes! :cheers:

I just sent you some of my $hells as a token of appreciation. :)

I agree, but the sound issue I have been experiencing are the opposite. I cant hear my own car. But can here a car(s) and tires from the complete opposite side of the track. So I spend more time watching the tach and gear indicator than watching the track.
This happened Wednesday night for one of the RCS drivers. He lived with it for the first race but it became unworkable for him during the second. I agree with people that if you cannot hear your own car's sounds, consider it a blown motor, catastrophic brake failure, or whatever it takes to allow you to step away without that red rage of disappointment some experience when things don't go their way. The same could be used if you can't see another car on track. It just wasn't your day. Sorta like Kimi's Q3 outlap this morning.

133902.jpg
Happy 36th Racingchamp30 !:cheers:

@GamingPete

So, here are some stupid little mockups I did today to show alternate car locations on the banners as well as text and track map locations.

Trash it or use some ideas from it...I was on the computer today and thought I'd throw a few ideas out there.

I am DEFINITELY not trying to step on your toes and I do NOT want your job ;) Your original design is brilliant but I thought I'd toss a few little photos your way.

Opacity of logos and text could vary...these are not super awesome final drafts or anything.

di_CdBCCd8e_bannerright.jpg

di_BD866dd5_bannerright1.jpg

di_7C3fCb2A_bannerright2.jpg

di_E7baCd46_bannerright3.jpg

I would but my name isn't on the list now for some reason.
It should be now! Go get them $hells dude. Yeah, I called you dude. Deal wif it. This ain't @Handlebar 's classroom. Hell, If you can collect all the post numbers, I'll put in the claims for you. The last post number it looks like you logged was 67766.

@GamingPete , your previous GTPID was being used in that $hell claim form. You should now be shown on the form Driver name list as your current incarnation and I recommend you go ahead and claim all yours as well. You never know when something cool will show up on the marketplace and you'll want to bid on it. The same offer I made tez holds for you, get me the post numbers and I'll get it caught up.

Last edited:
Once in a while, Kaz and his Poliphony digital crew decide to present us some add ons to this beautiful game in an honest attempt of making it even better and the time and drift trials, the VGT cars, the Goodwin festival of speed and stuff are good examples of that.
But sometimes, they throw us authentic digital trash in an attempt to make us throw up or throw the game into the trash can!
This "Quick Match" thing is the most disgusting thing I ever seen in Granturismo. It's even worst than the poor graphics in GT1 and 2.
It's basically based in those horror houses random rooms with a twist... Doesn't have a host to put order in it and you can't communicate with the mayhem lovers in that room. 98% of the croud is dirty as ****, the skid recovery force is on and it races ALWAYS on the same track!!! 500 pp races at GVE, 600pp at Deep Forest, little Europeans in the red bull small and Super GT in Fugi. I thought tracks would change every hour, every day, every SOMETHING!!! But no!!! Always the same tracks!.
Beyond ridiculous, quick match is simply stupid and useless.

Once in a while, Kaz and his Poliphony digital crew decide to present us some add ons to this beautiful game in an honest attempt of making it even better and the time and drift trials, the VGT cars, the Goodwin festival of speed and stuff are good examples of that.
But sometimes, they throw us authentic digital trash in an attempt to make us throw up or throw the game into the trash can!
This "Quick Match" thing is the most disgusting thing I ever seen in Granturismo. It's even worst than the poor graphics in GT1 and 2.
It's basically based in those horror houses random rooms with a twist... Doesn't have a host to put order in it and you can't communicate with the mayhem lovers in that room. 98% of the croud is dirty as ****, the skid recovery force is on and it races ALWAYS on the same track!!! 500 pp races at GVE, 600pp at Deep Forest, little Europeans in the red bull small and Super GT in Fugi. I thought tracks would change every hour, every day, every SOMETHING!!! But no!!! Always the same tracks!.
Beyond ridiculous, quick match is simply stupid and useless.

It's almost exactly what GT5p had. Those events changed every two weeks IIRC. The settings and the type of drivers (those with no friends because they driver like asshats) that tend to frequent those rooms do make quick match a waste of time though.

StewardAnnouncments.png

Four drivers cleared probation this past week. Well done. :cheers:

Four other drivers can clear probation tomorrow night by racing clean.

One driver will clear probation and the Last Chance List by driving clean tomorrow night

If you have questions regarding your probation please contact your Division's Steward or me.

Last edited:
@GamingPete

So, here are some stupid little mockups I did today to show alternate car locations on the banners as well as text and track map locations.

Trash it or use some ideas from it...I was on the computer today and thought I'd throw a few ideas out there.

I am DEFINITELY not trying to step on your toes and I do NOT want your job ;) Your original design is brilliant but I thought I'd toss a few little photos your way.

Opacity of logos and text could vary...these are not super awesome final drafts or anything.

Some good ideas thrown down here. The text is very easy to read, and we could even go with some darker bg images to make the text pop more. The darker images would only have to be tinted slightly. I do like the use of wrapping the text around the image subject, yet it's still working well.

Back