◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
FWIW, in the 2 weeks I've run I felt all of the cars were too easy to control. The RM cars perform fine on SS.

I'm not saying the RM cars wouldn't be ok on the sports tires. If we're going after realism, who in their right mind would spend the money to upgrade a car to a race car and then slap some street tires on it to go to the track? Only PD would do this and I really think it has to do with the Japanese bias that exists in the game. I won't get into the specifics, but there are a lot of things in the game that is slanted toward the Japanese.

I will run whatever tires we are given as everybody has to run the same. I will say that the further it gets from realistic, the less interested I will be.

I don't think the tires in the game equate to real tires. I think they are just, as others put it, grip multipliers. Sports soft tires in the game probably have the same grip as real world, hard compound, slicks.

I will say that I voted for cars to run on stock tires, or on one grade softer. But that was because I thought the stock suspension was designed around a particular set of tires, and changing the tires too much might undermine the suspension.

I don't think the tires in the game equate to real tires. I think they are just, as others put it, grip multipliers. Sports soft tires in the game probably have the same grip as real world, hard compound, slicks.

I will say that I voted for cars to run on stock tires, or on one grade softer. But that was because I thought the stock suspension was designed around a particular set of tires, and changing the tires too much might undermine the suspension.

Unfortunatly the stock suspension on most of the cars in the game is an absolute joke. Without allowing tuning, the only way to replicate real life performance is with tires. Some cars are going to be fairly close and others are going to be way off. Some cars we won't even know becasue none of us have ever driven them.

On a seperate but related issue. Why are the tires assigned based on the PP in the dealership and not based on the actual PP we run the cars at?

And 5 for Suzuka in the 8C...cheers. I am hoping to be here tonight but we'll see. The Heat can wrap up their AHL series here at home (silly Canucks, grrr....at least Chicago are knocked out I guess, here's hoping Washington do the same with Boston) so I'm debating whether or not to go to the game :/

I am going to need to change my color combo for the Sunday races. Something happened to my backup that had my DLC color saved on it and it is now gone. I don't have a choice yet so I will be running something different than everyone else til I find one I like.

I am going to need to change my color combo for the Sunday races. Something happened to my backup that had my DLC color saved on it and it is now gone. I don't have a choice yet so I will be running something different than everyone else til I find one I like.

Do you recall the exact name of what you were using, bowler? I might be able to send it to you since you've been sending me the yellow one :)

Thanks for the offers of help guys, but you can't send the DLC chips. You can send the cars already painted that color but that is too much of a pain to worry about. It also turns into a time crunch for me to try and get the cars painted and sent and broken in. I'm basically away from home from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning/afternoon and not getting the combos until late Tuesday or early Wednesday is a little tight for me.

irmopars
I have to agree, its a "Race" modified car, give it the race tires imo.
The other cars non-race are fine with me.

I ditto these two comments.

I think we've stumbled upon a new gambling arena for vegas to explore; that being the over/under on *posts it takes to enact a new S.N.A.I.L policy. :D

Last edited:
So we're going to take a race modified car and run it on sports tires?????

I was also concerned about this, but then decided to check it out for myself, and here's what I found.

The Silvia has SH tires on it when you buy it. I went to the garage and went to the tuning page to see what the car was on. Then, I went directly to GT AUTO and have the Race Modification performed to the car. Afterwards, I went back to my garage and checked to see what tires the car has on now. It was STILL the SH tires. There was & is no tire upgrade given to the Silvia with the Race Mode package. Thus, this means that we are upgrading the tires outside what GT5 had intended for this car. The tire/pp scale now will now only allow for a tire upgrade of 2 levels, instead of 3 like we did last week.

Feel free to try the steps listed above on your own if you doubt my findings, I will not be offended.

At this point, I'm not concerned about the tire selection. The new tire/pp index scale simply means that All cars will now require the driver to pay a little more attention to what the car is doing and why.

I think it was you (I could be wrong, if so, I'm sorry) that said the S2000, doesn't handle in the game like it does in real life. I have to disagree. 2 of the 3 S2000's I have driven while doing High Performance Driving Instructing, handled just like in the game - a hand full. Both the 2 cars, and the car in game, were/are convertibles. All 3 lack the hard top cabin to aid in the chassis's rigidity, which is needed to allow for better handling in turns. This is why the S2000 in game has the tendency to oversteer, A Lot - just as it does in RL.

Now I will admit the 3rd S2000 I had the pleasure of driving while do HPDI was a standard hard top roof & this S2000 handled SO Much Better than the previous 2 had. The standard hard top S2000 was a pleasure to drive, it felt like the car was on rails when compared to the convertibles. The convertible S2000's seem to require the driver to be 'on-guard' at all times.

I hope this has helped.

Is it awkward that I read this three times?

I still read it every time I see it. LOL

You said that those kind of posts are your favorite, so I thought you might like - only you know for sure. I do know that I had fun coming up with it. LOL

Okay, just for comparison's sake, I've copied last weeks results and used a fixed, 16-point award scheme. You can see the results on the public workbook.

You'll see the three tabs that have last week's results (2012.04.22 D1 for example). You'll also see three tabs that have last week's results with the suggested points (2012.04.22 D1 Alt for example). Missing a race hurts more in the new scheme. As a result, you see that the podium in D1 changes quite a bit from:

1. Mighty_mopar with 50 points
  2. M1SS-D3V10US with 49 points
  3. ND_4_SPD_Naruto with 36 points

to:

1. M1SS-D3V10US with 88 points
  2. Mighty_mopar with 79 points
  3. kcheeb with 74 points

Also, in D2, esh wins with 93 points. So, he had a better evening in D2 than Devious had in D1.

I'd like to say "Thank You" for your work on the spreadsheet, it looks GREAT! It just further confirms the points I addressed with Zero a couple nights ago.

Thank You.

I had a really bad 6th race Sunday. Everything the could go wrong, did go wrong. Hmm, what can you do? *shrugs shoulders*

dabneyd
Wow, the alternate scoring dropped me two places. Shouldn't I have gotten points for the last race since I started it?

I was thinking that started but didn't finish all go to lowest eligible score (one spot below last finisher online, as discussed before).

I am OK with 0 for not appearing ing the race at all. No show, no dough!

I was thinking that started but didn't finish all go to lowest eligible score (one spot below last finisher online, as discussed before).

I am OK with 0 for not appearing ing the race at all. No show, no dough!

Up until this past Sunday, if you didn't appear in the final results, you got nothing. Now, if you start the race, you get points.

tezgm99
And 5 for Suzuka in the 8C...cheers. I am hoping to be here tonight but we'll see. The Heat can wrap up their AHL series here at home (silly Canucks, grrr....at least Chicago are knocked out I guess, here's hoping Washington do the same with Boston) so I'm debating whether or not to go to the game :/

You and me both, on my Cappies!

I don't think you can send DLC colors tez.
No, he can't. Can he paint the car with the DLC color and then gift the car?

...just a possible suggestion around the issue.

EDIT:
I was ninja'd

I was also concerned about this, but then decided to check it out for myself, and here's what I found.

The Silvia has SH tires on it when you buy it. I went to the garage and went to the tuning page to see what the car was on. Then, I went directly to GT AUTO and have the Race Modification performed to the car. Afterwards, I went back to my garage and checked to see what tires the car has on now. It was STILL the SH tires. There was & is no tire upgrade given to the Silvia with the Race Mode package. Thus, this means that we are upgrading the tires outside what GT5 had intended for this car. The tire/pp scale now will now only allow for a tire upgrade of 2 levels, instead of 3 like we did last week.

Feel free to try the steps listed above on your own if you doubt my findings, I will not be offended.

At this point, I'm not concerned about the tire selection. The new tire/pp index scale simply means that All cars will now require the driver to pay a little more attention to what the car is doing and why.

I think it was you (I could be wrong, if so, I'm sorry) that said the S2000, doesn't handle in the game like it does in real life. I have to disagree. 2 of the 3 S2000's I have driven while doing High Performance Driving Instructing, handled just like in the game - a hand full. Both the 2 cars, and the car in game, were/are convertibles. All 3 lack the hard top cabin to aid in the chassis's rigidity, which is needed to allow for better handling in turns. This is why the S2000 in game has the tendency to oversteer, A Lot - just as it does in RL.

Now I will admit the 3rd S2000 I had the pleasure of driving while do HPDI was a standard hard top roof & this S2000 handled SO Much Better than the previous 2 had. The standard hard top S2000 was a pleasure to drive, it felt like the car was on rails when compared to the convertibles. The convertible S2000's seem to require the driver to be 'on-guard' at all times.

I hope this has helped.

None of the cars get a tire upgrade when you do the RM upgrade. I feel this is a huge oversight on the part of PD.

In my experience with a stock S2000 convertible in real life on Laguna Seca the real one does have a tendancy to break loose at a certain point. The in game car was much more consistently loose for me that it's real life counterpart. The real car was not loose at all until you got to that point and then it was a handful. The in game car seemed to have a gradual progression up to breaking loose. It seemed to have more of a sloppy, rolly feeling to it. I was able to get that out of the in game car just by setting the rear suspension to real factory settings. I could not find any specs for the Japanese model of the car so I'm wondering if the settings are different for the Japanese version. I've not driven a hard top, but it does make sense that the body would be more rigid and tied together better from side to side.

Sharkie
Double check your numbers, there is an error. that's all I meant.

zer0
below 300 PP -> Comfort Mediums
300-350 PP ---> Comfort Softs

Sharkie
Comfort Softs should be 301-350 rather that 300-350

"below 300 PP" ≠ "300 and below" therefore "300-350 PP" is also correct.

His numbers were right as he posted them, and as he posted them is how I'll read them.

Double check your numbers, there is an error. that's all I meant.

Without putting words in Zer0's mouth, I think he meant there is no error.

Cars below 300 PP will use Comfort Medium, 300 to 350 will use comfort soft.

Car 1 PP 299 - Comfort Medium
Car 2 PP 300 - Comfort Soft

EDIT: Ninja'd by AP, cheeb shouts, hey that's my job!!!

Last edited:
Back