◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
When drivers can't see each other, ALL drivers involved must take those steps. It usually won't work if it's just one guy leaving and coming back in. The issue is that for some reason, your connection isn't playing well with the connection of someone else and their connection isn't playing well with yours. All affected drivers would need to attempt to resolve the issue.

When driver A can't see multiple drivers and those drivers can't see him but can see everyone else, then we pretty much know it's driver A's issue. When it's just two guys that can't see each other, it's a little harder to tell. This is why it's so important to group up in turn one and check to make sure everyone can see the right amount of drivers. If you can't see the right amount and don't speak up, like Dragonwhisky said, you're just being selfish and there is no place for that here.

When drivers can't see each other, ALL drivers involved must take those steps. It usually won't work if it's just one guy leaving and coming back in. The issue is that for some reason, your connection isn't playing well with the connection of someone else and their connection isn't playing well with yours. All affected drivers would need to attempt to resolve the issue.

When driver A can't see multiple drivers and those drivers can't see him but can see everyone else, then we pretty much know it's driver A's issue. When it's just two guys that can't see each other, it's a little harder to tell. This is why it's so important to group up in turn one and check to make sure everyone can see the right amount of drivers. If you can't see the right amount and don't speak up, like Dragonwhisky said, you're just being selfish and there is no place for that here.

But there is know way of knowing if the other driver(s) dont speak up and aren't following the above procedure just so they can race which is the frustrating part for those that DO follow the procedure because it should resolve it if EVERYONE who is impacted follows the procedure.

But there is know way of knowing if the other driver(s) dont speak up and aren't following the above procedure just so they can race which is the frustrating part for those that DO follow the procedure because it should resolve it if EVERYONE who is impacted follows the procedure.

If a driver isn't willing to speak up when they can't see everyone else on the track, I don't want them here. We don't have the time or energy to deal with a dishonest piece of trash that would resort to lying to race with this group. It's bad enough that guys are running around with known garbage internet connections and constantly blame the servers for their troubles. Isn't it about time somebody starts taking responsibility for their end of the connection? If anyone out there is constantly involved in these issues, don't you think it might just be you?

I'm not talking about the guys that race for weeks at a time and don't have problems, which is the majority here. I'm not even talking about the few guys who have issues with the same guys week in and week out. I'm talking about the guys that have issues week in and week out no matter who they are racing with. The guys who can't stay connected, can't see everyone in the room, can't find the room, incompatibility with the room host, and whatever other issues are being had out there. If these things are happening to you on a regular basis and it's not centered around one other driver I've got a news flash for you. You are probably the issue.

The steps I detailed earlier are not an automatic cure. There is no guarantee at all, that, after doing all that, the issue will be resolved.

In a case where some drivers are doing what's expected and others are not, the Host/Director should take the appropriate necessary actions, so the good of the many is served.

Each division is a team unto itself and the host/director is the defacto leader of that team. Pick up the ball and run with it, or, pass it to someone who will.

RACE OF CHAMPIONS

August 29, 2014 at 9:30 pm ET

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D7, D6, D5, D4, etc).
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Host: @CoachMK21 (Open Lobby)

Combos (based on votes)

1- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 at Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow
--- 476HP / PP 533 / SS tires

2- GTR-GT500 Base Model '08 at Suzuka Circuit (all 4 weeks)
--- 518HP / PP 584 / RH tires

3- Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT '14 @ Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
--- 578HP / PP 616 / SS tires

STARTING GRID (PSN IDs)

1- @aerolite (PSN: aeroliteflight)
2- @SHOCKY_WELL (PSN: SHOCKY_WELLHELL)
3- @BayouSimDrifter (PSN: blueninjacivic)
4- @euclid58
5- @Rockhound18 (PSN: ShrumpRacer86)
6- @jimeez (PSN: imjimeez)
7- @CoachMK21
8- @SGETI (PSN: CAPECOD104)
9- @chevron
10- @socalnatv (PSN: sand__68)
11- @turnupdaheat
12- @Xradkins (PSN: xrad-11)
13- @dgaf95integra (PSN: dgafaboutany1420)
14- @Nicktune (PSN: Nic-KL)

Room Number:

1472-4711-0167-3381-0428

Last edited:
RACE OF CHAMPIONS

August 28, 2014 at 9:30 pm ET

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D7, D6, D5, D4, etc).
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Host: @CoachMK21 (Open Lobby)

Combos (based on votes)

1- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 at Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow
--- 476HP / PP 533 / SS tires

2- GTR-GT500 Base Model '08 at Suzuka Circuit (all 4 weeks)
--- 518HP / PP 584 / RH tires

3- Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT '14 @ Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
--- 578HP / PP 616 / SS tires

STARTING GRID (PSN IDs)

1- @aerolite (PSN: aeroliteflight)
2- @SHOCKY_WELL (PSN: SHOCKY_WELLHELL)
3- @BayouSimDrifter (PSN: blueninjacivic)
4- @euclid58
5- @Rockhound18 (PSN: ShrumpRacer86)
6- @jimeez (PSN: imjimeez)
7- @CoachMK21
8- @SGETI (PSN: CAPECOD104)
9- @chevron
10- @socalnatv (PSN: sand__68)
11- @turnupdaheat
12- @Xradkins (PSN: xrad-11)
13- @dgaf95integra (PSN: dgafaboutany1420)
14- @Nicktune (PSN: Nic-KL)

Room Number:

1472-4711-0167-3381-0428
Good luck guys. Represent old D6!!!!

Last edited:
Good luck guys. Represent old D6!!!!

Almost hung on for 2nd at Suzuka, then pooped the bed on the last lap for 5th. :ouch:

Still, tons of fun. Thanks again Coach. Awesome sharing the track with some really really fast clean racers. Not that my division buddies dont give me that each and every Sunday.

Have a wonderful, safe holiday weekend everyone! :cheers:

Hey guys it's been a while! Just checking up in everyone and seeing what's up!? I'm a couple of weeks away from deploying again so I haven't had time to play gt6 or anything, I took my PS3 on detachment a little while back and managed to use netflix and play ace combat infinity, but not steering wheel for me. I should be back in December the latest and hopefully I can get back in the swing of things. Really miss you guys and I hope all the GT academy guys are/did awesome to represent snail.

How about Shelby Series One Super Charged at Red Bull Ring? Same kind of track but it has a few sharp turns.

Suggestions for a two-timer are from guys who raced in the winner's division that week.

Have fun and be safe:)

Having fun!

Made 'good time' thus far, giggles per mile still quite high.

Leaving top off for 450+ miles DOES result in some sunburn.

I don't care.

Vroom!

RESULTS DOC for Race of Champions

Congrats to @Nicktune for his 2nd straight Race of Champions title. Complete scores below:

1- @Nicktune - 94 (2 gold, 1 silver)
2- @dgaf95integra - 80.1 (1 gold)
3- @Xradkins - 80 (1 silver)
4- @chevron - 76 (1 bronze)
5- @turnupdaheat - 70 (1 bronze)
6- @socalnatv - 68 (1 silver, 1 bronze, 1 disconnect)
7- @jimeez - 60
8- @euclid58 - 56
9- @Rockhound18 - 54
10- @SHOCKY_WELL - 42
11- @aerolite - 38
12- @CoachMK21 - 38
good job Nic. You're also very lucky. See replays and how well he gets out of trouble.

Having fun!

Made 'good time' thus far, giggles per mile still quite high.

Leaving top off for 450+ miles DOES result in some sunburn.

I don't care.

Vroom!

@Handlebar ... Safe Travels!
handlebar.jpg

When it comes to the connections in any rooms i am in, i never have a problem seeing other drivers. Whenever i have hosted a room for online racing in SNAIL, i never had the problem of seeing everyone else on track and everyone else not having a problem seeing me.

When it comes to the connections in any rooms i am in, i never have a problem seeing other drivers. Whenever i have hosted a room for online racing in SNAIL, i never had the problem of seeing everyone else on track and everyone else not having a problem seeing me.
Same *high five*

View attachment 214408

Damn fine automobile, see you soon.
:)

Thank you - and Thank YOU. The car came with two extra racing seats, harnesses, the back seats, more stuff in the back, the air conditioner (removed for weight), original muffler, a box or two of OEM parts, and more. 👍

Hognhominy drive down to pick em up and is driving through Virginia in a few weeks and dropping them off for me. :gtpflag:

Thanks! :cheers:

:)

Thank you - and Thank YOU. The car came with two extra racing seats, harnesses, the back seats, more stuff in the back, the air conditioner (removed for weight), original muffler, a box or two of OEM parts, and more. 👍

Hognhominy drive down to pick em up and is driving through Virginia in a few weeks and dropping them off for me. :gtpflag:

Thanks! :cheers:

Here comes Kenny
KennyCross.PNG

1. Handle, congrats. The little Porsche is absolutely gorgeous.
2. Lots of sadness going on as D3 was shattered. We had a great group as we almost touched friendship and I think we are an example with the way we used our discussion thread where we basically planned our racing, our racecraft and our respect for each other resulting in 3 or 4 weeks without a single race complaint filed.
Thanks Tommy, Alan, DrGreenthumb, TurnUpdaHeat, Sandblazter, Gringhost, Flopta, Daniel, Racecar and everyone else that made July and August seasons unforgettable.
3. I've been curious about what have happened to Kcheeb. Anyone wants to tell me where the great Alberta man is?
4. The Shelby Series 1 at HSR sounds amazing. Good choice.
5. Happy 42nd birthday to my beautiful wife. 19 years together and counting. Love you more than ever.

Looks like our combos for September 7th 2014 are set.

Still need some pics and lap times for Rounds 1 and 2 so the banners can get made.

• Round 1 - Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (Sport Medium tires) Dealer-486PP/319HP - Oil Change-493PP/335HP
    High Speed Ring Forward (9 race laps, 5 minutes qualifying)​
  • Round 2 - Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10 (Race Hard tires)
    Indianapolis Road Course (7 race laps, 7 minutes qualifying)​
  • Round 3 - Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo (Sport Soft tires)
    Circuit De Spa Francorchamps (5 Race laps, 8 minutes qualifying)​

I think I've got the tires for the Shelby correct. @JLBowler to refute if necessary?

Last edited:

Still need some pics and lap times for Rounds 1 and 2 so the banners can get made.

• Round 1 - Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (Sport Medium tires) Dealer-486PP/319HP - Oil Change-493PP/335HP
    High Speed Ring Forward (?? race laps, ?? qualifying)​
    Indianapolis Road Course (?? race laps, ?? minutes qualifying)​

I think I've got the tires for the Shelby correct. @JLBowler to refute if necessary?
I'll try and take some pics but there will only be my one car in the pics.

If you remember, we all met in turn one at the start of the night to make sure we could all see each other, if you had any issues then you needed to speak up. If you start to have problems not seeing others during the race it's usually because you are having a connection problem and are lagging and need to back out of the race, clear your cache and then return to the room for the next race.
During the Suzuka race I was behind you trying to pass and you were all over the track, I was thinking you were trying to block me so I was going to file an IR but when I watched the replay it showed you as being fairly smooth so you were probably having a connection issue. It was like you were kind off half lagging if there is such a thing.
Someone please correct me if I have stated anything incorrectly here.

To be clear, I don't lag, I don't block, I don't intend to do crazy things to win. Also, I clear cache and all that before the race and have 0 disconnection issue. My internet is fast and stable and I have 0 issue with any other online lobbies. Also, running consistent and clean laps are my priority. I joined this league to learn and have fun. I don't mind taking the last place if needed. As you see in the replay, I run my line smoothly and don't bother blocking anyone.

I think it is not our connection to be blamed. It is more likely the game network acting up being the root cause here as many other in other divisions have this same issue too.

To be Clear... Watch the replay from the Spa race with the Vette.. I was Stuck behind FSportsIS for an entire lap cause i couldn't tell if he was lagging or if he just bounced from white line to white line cause he was new? It looks like a lag but wasn't! Its real slow movements back and fourth which look kinda smooth but are not lagging issues so we talked it over privately and he admitted he might of been swerving a bit much and we moved on!

As for you saying you "DONT LAG" is like saying you "DONT BLOCK!! You can be lagging and never know it but other sure can!! I am not sure what you saw Aerolite but when we meet in turn one and ask if someone can see "X" amount on their screen, someone isn't talking and that's a problem? Did anyone else see these 2 cars magically appear in that race? I had no idea that happened until I just read what you wrote? If you are the only one that witnessed that then I have an idea or where that issue came from? I am not blaming you for everything FS but A+B=C in these cases!

High Speed Ring Forward (?? race laps, ?? qualifying)​
    Indianapolis Road Course (?? race laps, ?? minutes qualifying)​

I did some out of the SNAIL ordinary for some pics. @GamingPete you can use these is you like

Indianapolis Road Course_5.jpg
Indianapolis Road Course_6.jpg
Indianapolis Road Course_7.jpg

Back