◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
The driver's list has been updated to show the expansion to 8 divisions. The expansion was done from the top down and division placement was done almost strictly by the numbers using average finish position as the driving factor in placement.

I'm leaving for the coast to get away from this heat for a day so if you choose to complain about the list, it will fall on deaf ears for the majority of the day. Enjoy.

Every drivers should take a look at this list and make sure you know what division you will be racing in for the coming season. @CoachMK21 will have some work to do filling out positions for team SNAIL.

Wolfsatz is not on the list. I am sure is an overlook. Where should I report to on 09/08?

I think my first album was Zeppelin or AC/DC or Aerosmith I think. Then again it may have been Nugent or maybe the Rolling Stones.... You know what, I'm really not sure, the late 70's are kinda hazzzzy for me.:P

Sorry to bring back such a tangent from the current topics, but my palms are sweaty and my mouth agape as I listen to Ozzy Osbourne 'isolated guitar' tracks on YouTube...

There's obviously a lot of rock fans on here, check these (and similar vids from other bands ) out if you haven't already. I just want to sit in a dark room with headphones and freak out on this all day...!!!
Mind-Blown.jpg

Happy birthday to both Tex and Rednose :gtpflag: :cheers:

I enjoy being in any division i am placed in. It means i get to race with very competitive, clean, drivers and friends i have made since i have joined SNAIL in 2013. Not just people i know and have raced with each week and weekend but new drivers alike as well. The only way to drive is the SNAIL way. Tough, Competitive, Clean racing. I am in division 7 for the new season.

ill be backup if needed i kinda like not being in control lol but ill still do the replays as i can do those quick and easy

Edit: damn my bad on the double post

If you want, i can host division 7. Was hosting division 6 and last week went through with no connection issues. Just a couple couldn't see each other but Bowler has an idea how to run the room settings so their are less problems in seeing each other. I was checking the drivers list and i have everyone on my friends list from division 7.

Does anyone here run into issue of invisible players?? In one race last week, in the beginning of the race, I saw 5 players and suddenly at the end of the race, 2 players pop out of nowhere and I see 7 players. I was in the 5th position during race the whole time and at the end, I became 6th where 2 more players popped up. Very strange.

Does anyone here run into issue of invisible players?? In one race last week, in the beginning of the race, I saw 5 players and suddenly at the end of the race, 2 players pop out of nowhere and I see 7 players. I was in the 5th position during race the whole time and at the end, I became 6th where 2 more players popped up. Very strange.
If you remember, we all met in turn one at the start of the night to make sure we could all see each other, if you had any issues then you needed to speak up. If you start to have problems not seeing others during the race it's usually because you are having a connection problem and are lagging and need to back out of the race, clear your cache and then return to the room for the next race.
During the Suzuka race I was behind you trying to pass and you were all over the track, I was thinking you were trying to block me so I was going to file an IR but when I watched the replay it showed you as being fairly smooth so you were probably having a connection issue. It was like you were kind off half lagging if there is such a thing.
Someone please correct me if I have stated anything incorrectly here.

To be clear, I don't lag, I don't block, I don't intend to do crazy things to win. Also, I clear cache and all that before the race and have 0 disconnection issue. My internet is fast and stable and I have 0 issue with any other online lobbies. Also, running consistent and clean laps are my priority. I joined this league to learn and have fun. I don't mind taking the last place if needed. As you see in the replay, I run my line smoothly and don't bother blocking anyone.

I think it is not our connection to be blamed. It is more likely the game network acting up being the root cause here as many other in other divisions have this same issue too.

Last edited:
To be clear, I don't lag, I don't block, I don't intend to do crazy things to win. Also, I clear cache and all that before the race and have 0 disconnection issue. My internet is fast and stable and I have 0 issue with any other online lobbies. Also, running consistent and clean laps are my priority. I joined this league to learn and have fun. I don't mind taking the last place if needed. As you see in the replay, I run my line smoothly and don't bother blocking anyone.

I think it is not our connection to be blamed. It is more likely the game network acting up being the root cause here as many other in other divisions have this same issue too.
I was not accusing you of anything, just stating what is usually the problem, and if I saw you going back and forth across the track then you were lagging. Just trying to be helpful in my response to your previous question.

I was not accusing you of anything, just stating what is usually the problem, and if I saw you going back and forth across the track then you were lagging. Just trying to be helpful in my response to your previous question.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm trying to solve this issue as well. I am googling regarding this invisible players issue and it seems like many other have this problem too.

Please share the solution if anyone finds it.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm trying to solve this issue as well. I am googling regarding this invisible players issue and it seems like many other have this problem too.

Please share the solution if anyone finds it.
at the begining of the race, at the first corner meeting you need to check your position on the top left of the screen (your position A/B racers ) and be sure you can see all cars. If you see less racers on track than everyone else sees, you need to voice this , back out and reset.
The cars "appearing" at the end were more than likely the cars you could not see from the begining of the race
The "invisible car" glitch seems to attack at random , I've seen it happen to racers with great internet stats and seen it happen to regular laggers alike. But IT IS CURABLE (....most times)
The meeting at turn 1 is key, any one and everyone who sees less racers than are actually on track, needs to leave and reset at the same time . It could take a couple tries but as long as everyone affected leaves first time, it usually clears . If it's multiple people with a couple reset tries , a host room reset usually fixes everything ( as D5 saw this week)

Last edited:
If you can't see one other car on the track, you shouldn't be racing. I don't care how BA you think your connection is.
That was the short answer.

Here's the long one.

Indications of not being able to see another car on track, in Gran Turismo 6;
  • In the main lobby screen, one or more drivers names appears with a loading background. In GT5 the graphic was similar to a barber pole pattern, in GT6 is appears as a sort of TV type static background.
  • You cannot see a driver's text messages or hear them over audio, if mics are enabled.
  • The most telling indicator is, once you're on track, whether everyone is in the pit or out on the track somewhere, you have a different number in the driver count on the HUD.
  • gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-443.jpg
  • I may be stating the obvious, and something everyone already knows, but, the number 10, in the picture above, represents the total number of drivers on track. If the number you see doesn't accurately show the driver count, you are not seeing someone.
  • Finally, and why we bunch everyone up at turn 1, at every race, and to make sure, if someone is not seeing the correct total number of drivers, those drivers that cannot see another are identified and should be told to do the following.
  1. Exit the room, return to the main GT screen, bring up the Options Menu, by pressing the Start button on your controller and selecting Options.
    a. Select Network>>Clear System Cache.
    b. Re-enter room. If you still can't see another car, go to step 2.​
  2. Exit room, clear the cache again, exit GT6.
    a. Restart GT6 and re-enter room. If you still can't see another car, go to step 3.​
  3. Exit room, clear cache again, exit GT6
    a. Reboot PS3
    b. Start GT6 and re-enter room. If you still cannot see another car, go to step 4.​
  4. Exit GT6, shut down PS3, every device using your network, including your router and modem, wait a couple minutes, turn your modem back on and let it synch. Fire up your router and let it load up fully. Turn on your PS3, run a network connection test. Sign in to PSN and let your Friends List load completely. Load GT6 and re-enter lobby.
If all the above does not cure the issue of you not being able to see another car, your "engine is blown" and your night of racing is done. Spend the following week testing with your Division host(s) and the driver you couldn't see, to figure out what can be done to allow you to race.

Anyone who knowingly stays to race, when they can't see another car on track, is just a selfish individual and a hazard to everyone else. I've seen what can happen when 2, or more, stubborn and selfish players refuse to fix their issue or leave entirely. If the room doesn't implode completely, very weird things happen and they will affect others on track.

Just an update. I posted quickly this morning. There are more updates to the driver's list coming. Part time drivers will still have to shuffle around once I get confirmation about who is remaining part time and who is becoming inactive. New drivers still will need to be added to the list over the next week as time trials come in.

I posted the update to the full time drivers and the expansion to 8 divisions so that we could get a jump on getting all the jobs filled before next Sunday night.

I will say once more, the full time drivers were placed by the numbers based on average finish position. That method was used for at least 95% of placement into eight divisions. Nobody should be questioning me until they have a look at last months results and see what those average finish positions are. If you've looked at those results and still have a question about something, I will be happy to explain the reasoning behind whatever decision was made but if you're going to ask, you'd better come with some data because I will not answer "Why is driver A in Division X" type questions.

Any word on Prize A pick....yet!?

Yes, I know this is a double post, but it's an entirely different topic that is quite important and needs to be seen. @Xradkins You have until 11:59 PM Pacific time tonight to make a prize A selection from the choices given to you. If you fail to do this, the voting will open up to all members who raced last Sunday night.

You can find the suggestions here or here.

Here's the long one.

• In the main lobby screen, one or more drivers names appears with a loading background. In GT5 the graphic was similar to a barber pole pattern, in GT6 is appears as a sort of TV type static background.
  • You cannot see a driver's text messages or hear them over audio, if mics are enabled.
  • The most telling indicator is, once you're on track, whether everyone is in the pit or out on the track somewhere, you have a different number in the driver count on the HUD.
  • View attachment 214243
  • I may be stating the obvious, and something everyone already knows, but, the number 10, in the picture above, represents the total number of drivers on track. If the number you see doesn't accurately show the driver count, you are not seeing someone.
  • Finally, and why we bunch everyone up at turn 1, at every race, and to make sure, if someone is not seeing the correct total number of drivers, those drivers that cannot see another are identified and should be told to do the following.
  1. Exit the room, return to the main GT screen, bring up the Options Menu, by pressing the Start button on your controller and selecting Options.
    a. Restart GT6 and re-enter room. If you still can't see another car, go to step 3.​
    a. Reboot PS3
    b. Start GT6 and re-enter room. If you still cannot see another car, go to step 4.​
  4. Exit GT6, shut down PS3, every device using your network, including your router and modem, wait a couple minutes, turn your modem back on and let it synch. Fire up your router and let it load up fully. Turn on your PS3, run a network connection test. Sign in to PSN and let your Friends List load completely. Load GT6 and re-enter lobby.
If all the above does not cure the issue of you not being able to see another car, your "engine is blown" and your night of racing is done. Spend the following week testing with your Division host(s) and the driver you couldn't see, to figure out what can be done to allow you to race.

Anyone who knowingly stays to race, when they can't see another car on track, is just a selfish individual and a hazard to everyone else. I've seen what can happen when 2, or more, stubborn and selfish players refuse to fix their issue or leave entirely. If the room doesn't implode completely, very weird things happen and they will affect others on track.

Thank you for posting this. Last Sunday I experienced the issue of not being able to see everyone and wasn't able to get it resolved. It's the only time it has ever happened to me, so having a list of steps to refer to in case of it happening again is much appreciated.

Here's the long one.

• View attachment 214243
    a. Reboot PS3

None of these steps worked for me the past 2 weeks. What else do you have?

Same here. Two weeks in a row of time spent practicing and preparing for the Sunday races only to have to sit out.
Same here. The precious time I am allowed to practice or race is all for naught. Every time I sign in Sundays is a crap shoot. Most of the emphasis is on the 'crap'.
If you can't see one other car on the track, you shouldn't be racing. I don't care how BA you think your connection is.
So I won't race then.

That is what I'm talking about. It is more or less the game network issue that is affecting some unfortunate players like 4 of us at least.

I feel very nervous bringing this issue up front because of being fish slapped... u know... u know :D

Last edited:
Handlebar is cruising in his new ride.
IMG_1939.jpg

Skills, the only thing more I have is a way to help determine just who is the issue. It's time consuming however and not really good to be doing on a Sunday night.

Basically, each driver that is having the trouble, leaves, while the the ones they're having trouble with stay. They come back, and if they still can't see a car, that other driver leaves, does the reset dance, comes back and sees what's what. Every driver that can't see another does his bit in turn, tally up who can see whom at each stage. This may lead to a method of connection order that will keep all the cars visible and the room stable enough to race without issue.

Way back last October/November, while we were still mucking around in GT5, @fzappa / tcrash and @kcheeb , spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out why kcheeb was having such trouble with his connection in D2. The method I think they landed on was for all the suspect drivers to join in behind the host, make sure they were all squared away with one another, then the rest of the division joined. I'm not really certain how they arrived at that method, but I think it took them a few days or a couple of weeks to work it out. It wasn't a foolproof solution and when we migrated to GT6 a few weeks later, it started up all over again, except everyone was having trouble, in every division.

Last edited:
Same here. Two weeks in a row of time spent practicing and preparing for the Sunday races only to have to sit out.
Don't know for sure as I was not there , but if there was another who could not see and they didn't speak up or reset at the same time you did then the problem will remain .... Did the host try a reset?

Don't know for sure as I was not there , but if there was another who could not see and they didn't speak up or reset at the same time you did then the problem will remain .... Did the host try a reset?
No. The room was reset once but that wasn't for visibility issues.

Back