1/4 mile drag question regarding top end

Master__Shake_
Its all your hax toons, they scare the newbies away. I wish my cars could keep up with yours. D':

Lol that why I have the base tunes going on. For those who have no clue on what goes down.
Oh please you know your faster then me if this whole tree thing don't exist.

Lol that why I have the base tunes going on. For those who have no clue on what goes down.
Oh please you know your faster then me if this whole tree thing don't exist.

With those new times you've been posting, I don't think my old tunes can keep up anymore. I remember when there was a time I actually gave you advice. :P

Master__Shake_
With those new times you've been posting, I don't think my old tunes can keep up anymore. I remember when there was a time I actually gave you advice. :P

It's a simple little thing I found were improved the pull on the cars. Only works with cars that have a lot of wheel spin. When your back at tuning again I'll let you know my secret

My SSRX times have different tunes then my Indy cars. 2 different tracks, 2 different tunes.

I HAVE to do that. I lose way to much to people who run say like a 9.050 in an acr or a 9.010 in a le mans or like a 9.343 in a skyline. It happens way to much and I get mad, and I don't tune much during school year, cuz I don't have much time except some on the weekend. But, I will work on it.
EDIT: and what is the best way to launch a nur skyline on ssrx, (I use black screen and get a 9.311 with auto). and I also got a 9.310 with a manual, but I didn't know where I shifted, where should I shift, (this was also black screen launch).

Last edited:
I HAVE to do that. I lose way to much to people who run say like a 9.050 in an acr or a 9.010 in a le mans or like a 9.343 in a skyline. It happens way to much and I get mad, and I don't tune much during school year, cuz I don't have much time except some on the weekend. But, I will work on it.

SSRX to Indy doesn't make that big of a difference. For the most part, slightly longer gearing and maybe a higher front ride height. I will go out on a limb and say thats about half a car tops difference

Remember, at Indy, reaction time is everything. If you are losing as you say you are, I bet my left nut that its because you are getting Treed.

And to answer your question: the r34 gets a very small benefit from the rpm countdown trick. its like .003 or .004. so try it out

SSRX to Indy doesn't make that big of a difference. For the most part, slightly longer gearing and maybe a higher front ride height. I will go out on a limb and say thats about half a car tops difference

Remember, at Indy, reaction time is everything. If you are losing as you say you are, I bet my left nut that its because you are getting Treed.

And to answer your question: the r34 gets a very small benefit from the rpm countdown trick. its like .003 or .004. so try it out

Ok ill tryout out the rpm trick. But, I vs the people multiple times and I always lost by like bumper length. I think that I need to work on my launch and less on pull.

KaroSVTR
Why are you still talking? Honestly what's your point? What are you trying to say? That I misunderstood something so that makes me?...

Doesn't make u anything I was just trying to explain that I didn't see where u told them u misunderstood until after my post...I wasn't trying to be a dick man.all good tho

If you look at my tranny you'll say it's a ugly set up but it hauls ass

yeah i think i know what you mean, couple of my cars are like that also, i start with a tune gear wise that looks even and "pretty" but adjust them to dead spots and spots with more then enough power....ends up looking like some gears are way too high and some way too low but runs great.

Since I'm not posting my Route X times anymore, I focus on making my setup reliable for Indy(as little as I actually run there). Streetability means making consistent runs online and not bogging or making the setup too hard to execute repeatedly. Those thousandths mean nothing online and sometimes actually hurt your launch or top-end.

Back