1/4 mile drag strip?

omgzhai2u
Do any of you guys see them coming out with a 1/4 mile drag strip like they had in GT4?

A lot of my friends and I enjoy building cars with specific restrictions, messing with the suspension, gears, tires, etc, and it becomes quite difficult to properly tune the cars without having a 1/4 drag strip to test everything out.

Anyone have any insider information on this?

I remember that PD said there was going to be drag races in GT4, if I´m not mistaken, but only the drag strip made it through. It would be cool to add drag races in GT5, with street machines as well as drag racers. There was a S13 and an R33 dragsters back in GT2, so I think the idea was always around PD all this years.
You could try the long straight on de le sarthe, the le mans track

Yeah, people do that in Forza 3, even if they do have drag races... What I do with my friends is we drag in SSR7´s tunnel. Sometimes we take a tunnel each, and without seeing each other, we see whos the first to come out of it... Alot of fun...

I miss alot of stuff form GT4, Drag strip and NOS was alot of fun for me, and for tuning and testing..

You could try the long straight on de le sarthe, the le mans track

What we usually do is drag race on the top gear test track. But what I'm trying to get at is something like the las vegas drag strip in GT4, where you could test and tune and find out if making 2nd gear longer, or adding some toe to the rear wheels made a difference since it would post the time for you.

I miss alot of stuff form GT4, Drag strip and NOS was alot of fun for me, and for tuning and testing..

I do miss nitrous a whole bunch too. I never used it for actually beating the game, but it was so much fun for drag racing.

But what if i want to drag race some of my own cars against one another?... In gt4 they had a strip but since they didnt in gt5p i would just stop at the end of the straight on fuji f and wait for 1:00.000 then i would punch it down the straight then turn around and do it again at 2:00.000 then cruise around the track and save the ghost. That way i could do the same thing with a different car and race them without having a second player and hoping they can drive as well as me.
I tried doing that in the full game but it invalidates my lap when i stop for more than a few seconds. How lame is that? Does anyone know how to do this or something similar in gt5 the full game?

Just use the Tsukuba Circuit, the longest straight is 437m and 1/4 Mile is approx. 400m.
TsukubaCircuit1.jpg

Ya but you still cant save a ghost to race agains because it invalidates your lap if you stop for more than a few seconds. Or if u drive the wrong way. I think that if you are saving a ghost for yourself and not competing online or anything then you should be able to stop, drive backwards, cut, hit walls or whatever you want. Its your own ghost right? Its not hurting anybody.... Why did PD insist on taking so much out of this game. Like ive said before "its fine to change a game, fix features and even add some, but you are NEVER supposed to take any elements OUT of the game. EVER!!!!! I hope they fix this game or i might not even bother with gt6

It would be cool if it was a real drag race with a real tree, so reaction times will count. Plus they should add all the real timing lights, with 60ft etc. Not like forza where you can just hold the pedal down untill the light turns green and you take off.

Yeah, accelerating down some random straight /= drag racing. Drag racing means a Christmas tree, reaction times, 60 foot times, and a timeslip with ET and MPH. Bracket racing would also be nice.

Edit: treed!

Ya a tree and 60ft times and all that would be great. But thats not my point. I just want to see how some of my cars compare to others of mine. And theres no way to do that.

The best way to compare the cars is with the time, and also with the ghost replay like back in GT3, you could see the previus run ghost replay while runing the 400 meters !!!!

They should eventually come out with a test track - or at least have a 400M 1,000M and Top Speed test on the Top Gear test track... that long runway that they use in the show would be great for that. Wouldn't be hard to code that in with a patch or whatever. Would especially be helpful now since we can truly customize gears and not to mention every other full title had a Test Track.

As for Drag Racing in GT5... most likely not. Might be a small feature in GT6, I assume something pretty casual. Problem is there is nothing promoting it on any GT5 packaging, they would need to model new tracks for it, and much like every other motorsport represented in the game - they would need at least a couple of liscensed premium dragsters. Really there is a lot that they would need to push the feature - liscned cars, well known drag racing personalities, real world and original tracks, a whole new mode with events, and they would have to really come up with something creative for Online Drag Racing. Not to mention they would need to market it too because there hasn't been a real successful drag racing game for any system - if GT can do it that would mean they could tap into yet another audience to push sales. Its really a huge undertaking.

Even though they had a drag strip in GT4, and the 400m test, they both weren't anything like drag racing because there was no way to do a burnout. It was just floor the accelerator through the rev limiter... painfully lame. And adjusting the throttle through the pass to not spin the tires somehow meant a slower time.
Until they fix this, there would be no point to a drag strip (IMO.. I know some of you would like it.)

Also, side by side racing would be a must and not just one player.

I don't see them adding this into GT5. Maybe a test track but that is it.
We will never get a true drag race mode or 1/4 drag strip. It sucks.

Use the Citroen C4 Rally car, and use the meter-distance count in the interior view and measure yourself exactly 400m. Simple. :)

Back