• Laps: 3

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 493 BHP
  • Weight: 1970 KG
  • Drive Train: FR
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: S2 / S2
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

Race Specifics:

This week we do a 3 lapper in Time-Trail,consistency will be key this week.

• -1- Run 3 laps in Time Trail
  • -2- Exit the run when going in the 4th lap
  • -3- Save your replay
  • -4- Watch your replay at "My Page"and write down the final time.
  • -5- Final time = lap 1 + lap 2 + lap 3
  • -6- Use your lap times from your right upper corner,best and last laptime.
  • Your run can be done while being ON LINE,using your GTP_tag.
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay

Thread rules:
The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Final race time
  • Any information which can be used to infer the race time

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• Only your fastest lap time
  • Any settings discussion.

Viewing your Final Race Time:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Replay' , not the 'Saveghost Replay'.
To view your replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pa260023zi0.jpg

Save replay icon

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 07 Submission ) to (Sphinx):

• you can submit only once
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final race time
  • the deadline is Monday 22 December 11.59pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers ,named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck,
OLR Admin Team

Preview week 08

pc170016hhcopyes8.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, I was already wondering when the SL55 would show up in an event, it sounds so very nice. :)

Nice, I was already wondering when the SL55 would show up in an event, it sounds so very nice. :)

Agree, Kudos once again for car & track selection. This one really calls for throttle control,after a dozen laps or so my best was not awful but theres a lot more there so I'll get the ball rolling so the rest want feel bad about there times.:dopey:

Div 5 Wheel.

Whenever I hear/read the words throttle control my right thumb starts to twitch.

I think I like the combo - to me the AMG is not as bad as some say - but I hesitate to partake & submit after my foul :banghead: 05 :yuck: submission :ill:
Still searching for a WRS friend who is willing to check all my other combo submissions of the previous 4 to clench my soul :confused:

EDIT I wonder about that so a question to the mods - will we EVER have STD mode races in GTP_WRS?

Last edited:
Don't beat yourself up over it, bigracer. Just get your head down and participate, which you do anyway.

Hey, bigracer...don't look back, keep your eyes on the prize.
My first try...best lap: 57.628
But that was with TC on 2. 3 good laps will be difficult.

Thought I'd give this a quick try before a final session at Daytona... the SL is one big, heavy, ill handling beast... it's got everything... understeer, lift off oversteer and power oversteer, all whilst bouncing about like AMG forgot to fit it with shocks! But somehow it works... particularly on this track.

Best lap 56.322

And 2 VERY close laps to go with it ;)

Key for me to going fast in this is throttle control.

I haven't tried the AMG on a tight track, is the throttle control in this one as important in the Clio?

Thought I'd give this a quick try before a final session at Daytona... the SL is one big, heavy, ill handling beast... it's got everything... understeer, lift off oversteer and power oversteer, all whilst bouncing about like AMG forgot to fit it with shocks! But somehow it works... particularly on this track.

Best lap 56.322

And 2 VERY close laps to go with it ;)

Key for me to going fast in this is throttle control.

That sounds like a whole lot of fun, :) Im just happy its Suzuka East, Nice track, and ive driven the AMG a couple of times, its a big beast, looking foward to this one. 👍

First hour, not doing sets of three yet, just practising. Best lap so far:

First hour, not doing sets of three yet, just practising. Best lap so far:

I haven't tried the AMG on a tight track, is the throttle control in this one as important in the Clio?
No, she's pretty gentle really. Slides are quite easy to control and you can floor it earlier than I was expecting.

Last edited:

More important than the clio as it has about 3 x the power, and 100 x the torques :D

how do you calculate the three laps for this weeks race into a final "total" race time i remember reading something about it in one of the earlier weeks but haven't had to calculate any times since i could get them from reviewing a replay or after a race, i used search to try to find anything on this site and google but know luck, i remember reading that someone tried to calculate lap in 100's and someone posted that u have to calculate it in 60's since their are only 60 sec a min and all, thanks in advance

how do you calculate the three laps for this weeks race into a final "total" race time i remember reading something about it in one of the earlier weeks but haven't had to calculate any times since i could get them from reviewing a replay or after a race, i used search to try to find anything on this site and google but know luck, i remember reading that someone tried to calculate lap in 100's and someone posted that u have to calculate it in 60's since their are only 60 sec a min and all, thanks in advance
You don't do any math for this one, friend. Just do the 3 laps, save them properly, then exit and get a replay from the main menu. When selecting you'll already see the total time for the 3 laps that you did 👍

Don't beat yourself up over it, bigracer. Just get your head down and participate, which you do anyway.
Hey, bigracer...don't look back, keep your eyes on the prize.
@bigracer, get in that car & start racing
Thank you GTP mates, will do :bowdown: What I will do also is post replays of all GTP_WRS events so far and hope that some of you will scrutinise for cleanliness :) to clear my reputation.

You don't do any math for this one, friend. Just do the 3 laps, save them properly, then exit and get a replay from the main menu. When selecting you'll already see the total time for the 3 laps that you did 👍
Where do you see that? I don't see any times before loading, just car, track, tyres etc.

Anyway to calculate the total time in minutes and seconds, watch the replay and note down the times. Then just add up the times for the three laps (eg 58.111 + 57.222 + 56.333 = 171.666 seconds). Two minutes is 120 seconds, three minutes is 180 seconds. 177.666 is more than two minutes but less than three, so the minutes is 2. Subtract two minutes worth of seconds from the total to get the remaining seconds: 177.666 - 120 = 57.666. So in this example it would be 2:57.666. By the looks of the times so far everyone will have a time of 2:xx.xxx so will be subtracting 120 seconds.

In general though, with just a basic calculator here's how I do it (there are variations and for simple ones I just do it in my head and use various shortcuts).

First convert everything to seconds.

1:51.111 = 1*60 + 51.111 = 111.111
3:17.219 = 3*60 + 17.219 = 197.219
6:31.588 = 6*60 + 31.588 = 391.588

Then add up all the seconds.

111.111 + 197.219 + 391.588 = 699.918

Now divide by 60 and make a note of the whole numbers, this is the number of minutes.

699.918 / 60 = 11.6653

So that's 11 whole minutes. Note that the bit after the decimal point is not the seconds - it's a decimal fraction of a minute. To get that fraction of a minute back into seconds, we first subtract the whole minutes so we just have the fraction left:

11.6653 - 11 = 0.6653

Then multiply it by 60, to convert from minutes to seconds:

0.6653 * 60 = 39.918

So, the total in this example is 11:39.918.

As a sanity check, you can ensure the fractions of a second in the final answer are the same as they were in the total seconds (918), and you can calculate 11 minutes worth of seconds (11*60 = 660) and add that to the seconds in the final answer, which should get you the total in seconds again: 660+39.918 = 699.918.

Thanks BobElHat, i got it now 👍

Bigracer, the only saved replay that shows the time in the in game replay menu is the "[000]Ghost Replay: Time Trial" data, the other replays, "[000]Replay: Time Trial, Event Race, and Arcade race data" only show the track, car used, tire type, and pro or standard mode like BobElHat mentioned.

Keep racing don't worry about your times too much just do your best and you'll find your zone

On a different question i noticed while watching the replay of my first attempt with the mercedes that the time that is shown under your GTP tag in the center of the screen after completing a lap is a couple millisecond off (eg, x'x1.916 in the center of the screen after the lap and x'x1.924 on the best lap/last lap at the top right of the screen for the same lap), haven't noticed this before in the other weeks, witch time should i use for this week or other week this may happen. the time shown on the center of the screen or the best lap/last lap shown?
Thanks in advance again

early lap time : 58.190

Last edited:
Bigracer, the only saved replay that shows the time in the in game replay menu is the "[000]Ghost Replay: Time Trial" data, the other replays, "[000]Replay: Time Trial, Event Race, and Arcade race data" only show the track, car used, tire type, and pro or standard mode like BobElHat mentioned.
My bad - I thought the program was adding the laps like it did in GT4 but apparently we have to do the math ourselves after all. Hopefully this bug will be solved in the full program ...

Sorry for the double post.

Sorry guys, not got time to do this round and spend the necessary hours on improving. So I'm having a week off. Will the WRS be on next week, as it's Christmas?

I only had about 10 minutes to try this one so far. I didn't even get 3 clean laps in a row. Worse, I didn't break 1 minute. I should be able to get 30-45 mins in Wednesday night and will post the fastest lap time then.

Back