Time Trial Event

49v.jpg

Suzuki Swift Sport '07

pb120022newlt7.jpg

LONDON Reverse

49s.jpg

Steward's Comments:

So much to comment on with these results:

First off, great participation for this week.
Next, only 45 ms from 2nd all the way down to 9th place, and 24 ms spans 3rd-9th! :scared:
And GTP_DHolland a full 178 ms ahead of that pack for the win! Well done! 👍
All of D1 stayed clear of other divisions for the first time in memory, meaning recent promotees GTP_MJH and GTP_Synwraith are in the right place.
Special mention to GTP_CrazyTortise for his stealth promotion to D2, and winning the division anyway!
Special mention also to overachievers GTP_Nuclearfire and GTP_Frantic. Breaking into the 1'02s was no mean feat!

Great job everyone. :cheers:

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1:

1---1'02.366---GTP_DHolland
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'02.544---GTP_jh001
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'02.565---GTP_timeattack
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'02.569---GTP_aussienicko
5---1'02.571---GTP_PASM
6---1'02.577---GTP_spyrrari1
gflagjn4.gif

7---1'02.578---GTP_Mr_P
gflagjn4.gif

8---1'02.586---GTP_Manuelos
9---1'02.589---GTP_Animera
10--1'02.701---GTP_MJH
11--1'02.756---GTP_Synwraith

Division 2:

1---1'02.786---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'02.893---GTP_CWR
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'02.965---GTP_LinPark
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'02.984---GTP_Cohiba100
5---1'03.060---GTP_Paulie
6---1'03.184---GTP_zed300
7---1'03.549---GTP_EDK

Division 3:

1---1'02.935---GTP_Nuclearfire
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'03.100---GTP_Crispy74
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'03.142---GTP_Mav3r1cK
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'03.373---GTP_01GTP
5---1'03.443---GTP_grevling
6---1'03.486---GTP_NicoTexas
7---1'03.497---GTP_monoha
8---1'03.694---GTP_MadMax86
9---1'03.889---GTP_Kelly
10--1'04.178---GTP_OnlyMe
11--1'04.389---GTP_Vipond
12--1'04.557---GTP_demond
13--1'05.286---GTP_JoostBak

Division 4:

1---1'02.990---GTP_Frantic
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'03.890---GTP_Andy2125
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'03.993---GTP_DGiant2000
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'04.776---GTP_Marooned

49iux.jpg

Overall Results:

1---1'02.366---GTP_DHolland
2---1'02.544---GTP_jh001
3---1'02.565---GTP_timeattack
4---1'02.569---GTP_aussienicko
5---1'02.571---GTP_PASM
6---1'02.577---GTP_spyrrari1
7---1'02.578---GTP_Mr_P
8---1'02.586---GTP_Manuelos
9---1'02.589---GTP_Animera
10--1'02.701---GTP_MJH
11--1'02.756---GTP_Synwraith
12--1'02.786---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
13--1'02.893---GTP_CWR
14--1'02.935---GTP_Nuclearfire
15--1'02.965---GTP_LinPark
16--1'02.984---GTP_Cohiba100
17--1'02.990---GTP_Frantic
18--1'03.060---GTP_Paulie
19--1'03.100---GTP_Crispy74
20--1'03.142---GTP_Mav3r1cK
21--1'03.184---GTP_zed300
22--1'03.373---GTP_01GTP
23--1'03.443---GTP_grevling
24--1'03.486---GTP_NicoTexas
25--1'03.497---GTP_monoha
26--1'03.549---GTP_EDK
27--1'03.694---GTP_MadMax86
28--1'03.889---GTP_Kelly
29--1'03.890---GTP_Andy2125
30--1'03.993---GTP_DGiant2000
31--1'04.178---GTP_OnlyMe
32--1'04.389---GTP_Vipond
33--1'04.557---GTP_demond
34--1'04.776---GTP_Marooned
35--1'05.286---GTP_JoostBak

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratultions to all the podiums, some stellar proformances this week. And 👍 to Vaxen, always gets the results out super quick.

I'm pleased to have stayed within the D1 times this week, it wasn't easy.

Matt

Holy shout Daniel...what a lap you must have done...!!!...wow

Am a little bit amazed by the results...must somehow create more time the coming week to get more laps/time into making a close to perfect lap!!

Congrats to the podiums ...well done fellow racers...!

spyrrari.

Wow...really surprised to have snagged an overall podium despite my lack of pace up to T2 :) And man were the results cut throat as could be :crazy: I knew my run through the last turn was good, but probably not good enough for a podium...so I'm quite happy to have pulled it off somehow :lol:

Congrats to DHolland for the overall victory, winning in a typical, dominating fashion :sly: ...showing that we all need to put in a lot of work if we ever plan on catching up to his outstanding skill level 👍 And :cheers: to jh001 for an awesome performance in his first ever WRS! :scared: Also special mention to the over achievers from D2, D3 and D4 (CRAZYTORTISE, Nuclearfire, and Frantic)...great performances you guys...you should be very proud of yourselves! :cheers:

Last edited:
Congrats to all the winners

GTP_CWR's replay is clean and green

Here is my replay:

Attachments

• GTP Nuclearfire WRS week 49.zip
    126 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Congrats to all the podium finishers! I'm amazed at how close the results are! 1st-23rd is seperated by a second! I might need to make time for WRS again.:)

Great work everyone.👍
Awesome times at the top, especially 2nd - 9th WOW!! 45 thousandths amazingly tight.
Dan you are the man. Well done.

All podiums are to be congratulated on a very competitive week.

Proud to be a part of such a great comp.:cheers:

Great times by all! Serious close finishes as the splits originally speculated!

Well done to all participants. :cheers:

timeattack - clean
gflagjn4.gif

Nuclearfire - clean
gflagjn4.gif

Here is my replay.

Attachments

• GTP_LinPark_WRS49_PAL.rar
    100.6 KB · Views: 11
Congrats all around.

I'm sorry to say that I consider it a bit strange to have the divisions changed after the deadline but before the results are published. There's no doubt that crazytortise should be promoted but why was it not done in the customary fashion, ie after the results are verified? It is a bit harsh on CWR who should have won the division.

Last edited:
Simply crazy in D1!! :cheers: guys
Congrats to Dan for the win, and well done to the divisional winners and podiums.

Well done to all the guys :cheers: This was a very close week.

@Cohiba: I'm not here to rain down on anyone's parade. My goal is to get placed where I belong. I'll happily go back to D3 and let Chad take the win. That dosnt bother me at all 👍

Amazing times from everyone, I could not figure out how to make speed in that car, I need muscle cars and proper racing circuits, stat!:lol:

Fantastic laps from the rest of D1 and the top of D2. Well done to Jack and Brock for making the podium on such a madly competitive week, and well done to Holl0 Dan for a quite incredible laptime. That must have been 7 perfect corners!

Special mention to Bart (PASM) who only joined the fun late and recorded such a superb laptime.

It's a testament that my laptime was good enough for #9 on the Online leaderboard and yet absolutely nowhere for GTP D1 WRS, very impressed by the skill employed by all of you in the 1'02.5s. When I added my best splits up, I could not have done any better than a mid 1'02.6.

All of D1 stayed clear of other divisions for the first time in memory, meaning recent promotees GTP_MJH and GTP_Synwraith are in the right place.

I would hope that D1 podiums at Suzuka and Fuji on weeks 46 and 48 respectively have already proved that :D

Massive congrats also to CT and Nuclearfire for winning their divisions. I tend to agree with Thomas, Chad probably deserves to be recognised for such a quality D2 win. CT needs to be D1 anyway :lol:

All the best
Maz

Very competitive week from everybody with some excellent times on the board - congrats to all those on the podiums. My replay below,

Attachments

• GTP_Mav3r1cK WRS Week 49.zip
    100 KB · Views: 11
Here's my replay. Congrats to all the podium finishers and all those who took part. Some very fast times there.

Attachments

• WRS week 49 GTP_Frantic PAL.zip
    103.6 KB · Views: 10
Wow, I'm surprised I got P2 with all the competition:) . Congrats to all podium finishers and everyone in the 1'02.5s, and to GTP_DHolland with an out of this world lap:tup::bowdown:

This was my first WRS experience and I loved it. It was very frustrating at times but very enjoyable and rewarding in the end:tup: You'll definitely be seeing me around here for a while, whether you like it or not:P

By the way, how do I upload my replay? I've got the compressed PS3 folder all ready, I just can't figure out how to put it in my post.

:cheers:

Jack.

@Cohiba: I'm not here to rain down on anyone's parade. My goal is to get placed where I belong. I'll happily go back to D3 and let Chad take the win. That dosnt bother me at all 👍

There is absolutely no doubt that you do not belong in div 3 (or even div 2 for that matter). It was just the timing of your promotion that surprised me a bit.

Wow, I'm surprised I got P2 with all the competition:) . Congrats to all podium finishers and everyone in the 1'02.5s, and to GTP_DHolland with an out of this world lap:tup::bowdown:

This was my first WRS experience and I loved it. It was very frustrating at times but very enjoyable and rewarding in the end:tup: You'll definitely be seeing me around here for a while, whether you like it or not:P

By the way, how do I upload my replay? I've got the compressed PS3 folder all ready, I just can't figure out how to put it in my post.

Jack.

If you've got the replay all zipped up you need to click the paperclip symbol on the top line of the message window (it's next to the yellow smilie) and that will take you to the window where you can select files from your machine to upload and attatch.

If you've got the replay all zipped up you need to click the paperclip symbol on the top line of the message window (it's next to the yellow smilie) and that will take you to the window where you can select files from your machine to upload and attatch.

Thanks a lot:tup: And well done on a massive D4 win and getting into the 1'02s:cheers:

Jack.

View attachment PS3.zip

^That looks different to everyone else's... :confused:

How close can it get? :scared: Brilliant turnout and amazingly close finishes all over the tables :cheers: Congrats to the podiums and all who reached their goals in a very memorable event 👍

Here's my lap ...

Attachments

• Mr P @ London WRS49.rar
    134.3 KB · Views: 9
Well done to all the guys :cheers: This was a very close week.

There is absolutely no doubt that you do not belong in div 3 (or even div 2 for that matter). It was just the timing of your promotion that surprised me a bit.

CrazyT, don't even worry at all. You worked hard for the promotion. I just started WRS, this is my second competition! No way you don't deserve to be P1 in D2. I don't care about wins here, I care about being in D1, and driving better, so I deserve to be there. When I look at the leader board, I see how fast I was compared to everyone, not just D2.

Good luck mate! I plan on putting on a good show for WRS 50.

P.s. @ Linpark, I plan on staying in D2 as LONG as POSSIBLE! Muwhahahaha

P.s. @ Linpark, I plan on staying in D2 as LONG as POSSIBLE! Muwhahahaha

The only way you could do that is to sandbag and that's against the rules! Of course, if you decide to stay in Div 2 then my only course of action is to move past you then so bring it on buddy!.

Congrats all around.

I'm sorry to say that I consider it a bit strange to have the divisions changed after the deadline but before the results are published. There's no doubt that crazytortise should be promoted but why was it not done in the customary fashion, ie after the results are verified? It is a bit harsh on CWR who should have won the division.

There's not necessarily a "customary fashion".

With prologue, more race admins, and the splitting of duties, we have typically been promoting during the week, after WRS results are posted. But in the past, WRS promotions have been made by the steward at the time the race results are posted, and division placement of the promoted driver was at the steward's discretion.

In this one, arora was promoted, it was noted at the top of the results, and he was placed in his old division, with a win.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100398

In this one, I was promoted, it was noted in the results, and I was placed in my new division, with a podium.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106049

In this case, it was quite apparent that we had a driver who was significantly outperforming his division placement. I thought it unfair to the rest of D3, particularly GTP_Mav3r1cK who was 3rd and would have lost that podium, to leave CT down there. So I asked Vaxen if he would place him there in the results.

Hope that explains it. ;)

EDK
In this case, it was quite apparent that we had a driver who was significantly outperforming his division placement. I thought it unfair to the rest of D3, particularly GTP_Mav3r1cK who was 3rd and would have lost that podium, to leave CT down there. So I asked Vaxen if he would place him there in the results.

Hope that explains it. ;)

What's fair to GTP_Mav3r1ck this week is unfair to Cohiba because now he missed a podium opportunity - I say stick CT in with Maz and Matt. :lol: Its all good fun!!! 👍

Its a real shame we don't know how much effort goes into each week by each driver because that too would make promotion decisions a little easier. But that might depress me even further when I find out all the drivers around me put in 50 laps to my 200. :) I'm tracking my lap count for WRS 50 so any of you out there just getting started should do the same so we can compare notes.

Back