wrs53resultsc.jpg

photo contest winner: GTP_Steven

Ferrari 512 BB

pb060051.jpg

Suzuka

03copy.jpg

photo contest runner up: GTP_Timppaq

Steward's Comments:

Thanks to Steven, Timppaq, and DustDriver for the great screenshots for this week's results thread. Thanks also to all who submitted.

Congrats to timeattack for the overall win, Synraith for another stellar performance in D1, crazytortise for winning D2 and grevling for another solid showing for D3. Also, a hearty welcome to RudiRaser! 👍

D1 stuck tight again this week, showing us all how it's done!

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1:

1---2'16.174---GTP_timeattack
gflagjn4.gif

2---2'16.242---GTP_Synwraith
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'16.269---GTP_Hyperspeed
gflagjn4.gif

4---2'16.307---GTP_RudiRaser
gflagjn4.gif

5---2'16.367---GTP_CarlPKY
6---2'16.577---GTP_PASM
7---2'16.629---GTP_spyrrari1
8---2'16.841---GTP_Animera

Division 2:

1---2'17.101---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
gflagjn4.gif

2---2'17.526---GTP_EDK
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'17.748---GTP_Cohiba100
gflagjn4.gif
(No users with download format)
4---2'17.975---GTP_zed300
5---2'18.140---GTP_LinPark
6---2'18.668---GTP_Worst_Driver
7---2'18.678---GTP_Sjaak
8---2'18.756---GTP_VEXD

Division 3:

1---2'18.191---GTP_grevling
gflagjn4.gif

2---2'18.636---GTP_Crispy74
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'18.985---GTP_Nuclearfire
gflagjn4.gif

4---2'19.882---GTP_01GTP
5---2'20.742---GTP_OnlyMe

Division 4:

1---2'19.747---GTP_DGiant2000
gflagjn4.gif

2---2'20.439---GTP_Andy2125
gflagjn4.gif

3---2'24.466---GTP_Steven
gflagjn4.gif

dustdriverentry.jpg

photo contest honorable mention: GTP_DustDriver

Overall Results:

1---2'16.174---GTP_timeattack
2---2'16.242---GTP_Synwraith
3---2'16.269---GTP_Hyperspeed
4---2'16.307---GTP_RudiRaser
5---2'16.367---GTP_CarlPKY
6---2'16.577---GTP_PASM
7---2'16.629---GTP_spyrrari1
8---2'16.841---GTP_Animera
9---2'17.101---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
10--2'17.526---GTP_EDK
11--2'17.748---GTP_Cohiba100
12--2'17.975---GTP_zed300
13--2'18.140---GTP_LinPark
14--2'18.191---GTP_grevling
15--2'18.636---GTP_Crispy74
16--2'18.668---GTP_Worst_Driver
17--2'18.678---GTP_Sjaak
18--2'18.756---GTP_VEXD
19--2'18.985---GTP_Nuclearfire
20--2'19.747---GTP_DGiant2000
21--2'19.882---GTP_01GTP
22--2'20.439---GTP_Andy2125
23--2'20.742---GTP_OnlyMe
24--2'24.466---GTP_Steven

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all the podiums :cheers: some really good times on the board. I would like to say a big well done to DGiant2000 ( Mr Davies ) for improving his skills 10 fold 👍

Congrats to all the winners

Here is my replay:

Attachments

• GTP Nuclearfire WRS week 53.zip
    115.7 KB · Views: 17
Awesome effort from all of D1, great pace set by you guys.👍
Congrats to all podiums from all Divs.
Excellent combo EDK. I have enjoyed this car more than most.:D
Any chance of showing us your tune TA. That's if you changed it from the post in the WRS thread. :cheers:

Congratulations to all the podium winners and to all participants this week.

In particular, congratulations to Timeattack on a brilliant overall win, and big congratulations to Maz on a stellar laptime. Really an awesome performance guys :cheers:

The final sector in any competition is obviously always critical, and it's what adds to the suspense of the WRS. Brock, Maz, Dan and Rudi all nailed that final sector to perfection. Great laps guys, and a great competition this week. Running a 16.2xx lap is awesome, and in Brock's case a 16.1xx--well that's just excellent :dopey: Great job 👍

Keep up the great work EDK :cheers:

Last edited:
You guys are just too fast....

Well done everyone, great racing!

I can't believe Sjaak beat me after only one session, that just shows how much practice I need to put in!

It is really clear to me that I am indeed 18 months behind the pace.

Frustration lies ahead, but with combos as good as this one and the next, I'm sure to be in there somewhere, keep it up EDK....

VEXD is what I am.

:irked:👍

A very nice distribution this week and you can clearly see the line that delineates Div 1 from the rest of the pack - I couldn't get to my goal of a sub 2'18 lap. I really think it has something to do with the fact that I'm just slightly older that the 512. I still remember being 8 years old in 1976 - can anyone besides Kev tell us who won Superbowl X that year? :lol:

Congrats to the podiums!

Great job everyone :cheers: This had to be one of the most enjoyable WRS I've taken part in thus far. Driving this wonderful machine was just an absolute joy for me, not to mention how tight things were in D1 for a 2 minutes plus lap, which definitely brought out the competitive spirit in a lot of us :crazy: 👍

I wish I had spent more time (even one more day) on this combo as I think I realistically could have taken another 1-2 tenths off without too much luck :lol: But at least I was able to do enough on the last day after coming back from a break to take the win :) So I guess I shouldn't complain too much, right :lol:

Any chance of showing us your tune TA. That's if you changed it from the post in the WRS thread. :cheers:

I didn't really have much time to fine tune the set-up mate :indiff: I tried a few things on the last day, but my driving initially was lacking to say the least, so I ended up going back to my original set-up because I knew what it was capable of, and just stuck with it until I got my speed back in my last session.

However, I did try changing the rear spring to 9 on the set-up I posted (from 10), which allowed it to ride the curbing a bit better. I also tried adjusting the brake sensitivity to 8/6 (from 7/5) which seemed to improve the braking potential for the hairpin, right after the T1 split, as well as braking for the final chicane in T3. Just throwing those out there in case you want to try.

BTW, I've only been running 2.2/2.3 camber on my set-up to begin with...I forgot to make those changes when I copied/pasted Ren's base tune into this thread...so I'm sorry for that! :ouch:

Congratulations to all the podium winners and to all participants this week.

In particular, congratulations to Timeattack on a brilliant overall win, and big congratulations to Maz on a stellar laptime. Really an awesome performance guys :cheers:

The final sector in any competition is obviously always critical, and it's what adds to the suspense of the WRS. Brock, Maz, Dan and Rudi all nailed that final sector to perfection. Great laps guys, and a great competition this week. Running a 16.2xx lap is awesome, and in Brock's case a 16.1xx--well that's just excellent :dopey: Great job 👍

Keep up the great work EDK :cheers:

:cheers: You had me worried there when I saw your splits :sly: I knew I had to come up with a solid T3 if I wanted to have a chance at the win. But even then I was a bit worried as to what other D1 drivers set-ups were going to be capable of through T3.

Our set-up was probably the most slammed of the D1 drivers, so I knew we had a slight advantage through 130R and braking into the final chicane, but we were at a disadvantage in regards to riding the curbing smoothly through the final chicane...so it was a bit of a give and take. Luckily my exit out of the final chicane was about as good as I possibly could have done. Judging by my earlier splits I still left another ~.075 (w/ my set-up) in T3, which seemed to be lost at the exit of 130R and the entry of the chicane on my fastest overall lap. But big deal...I also left another 2-3 tenths out there up to T2 anyway :dunce:

Last edited:
Congrats to my local D1 driver, GTP_Timeattack, for the overall win. ;)

Great showing by Maz and Dan, with the next 2 podiums, and all of D1, for staying ahead of the rest and being the only 16's. 16 was my stretch goal at the start of the week. I thought a time around the one I got was achievable, and that a 16 might happen with some luck. :P

Congrats, of course, to all of the other podium finishers. And thanks for the kind words and the great turnout. :)

My replay in the Viola Dino 512 is attached. I used PAL format for this run.

:cheers:
Kevin

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704006.zip
    117.6 KB · Views: 17
  • EDK_WRS53_PAL.zip
    118.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
yay! Podium! :cheers: :D I guess I don't need to post a replay.

Congratulations to all podiumers on the driving side, must have been addicting combo 👍 And great pace in D1 overall 👍

oh, And congratulations to Steven of course :cheers: Really nice pic 👍

Last edited:
Many congratulations to Brock on a tremendous laptime, for a while this week I really thought I'd done enough to win D1, having had a very good run in T3 and knowing that I'd managed to get ahead even of Zabeu's time at this combo. But then in Week 46 Bruno the Alien put together the best theoretical splits to beat me in the Mine's. I thought the same thing on Week 51 but Holl0 the Alien put together the best theoretical splits to do a better lap in the C4 (DQ aside) and again this week Brock the Alien has managed to string together what I would have considered the best theoretical splits for my particular tune to get the 2'16.1 I've been chasing since Saturday. That's D1 gold for you :lol: WRS is so incredibly competitive these days, you just know you won't win unless every single sector has been nailed to perfection. Pulling together all the splits I've had over the week may have produced a 2'15.9 but laps like that don't come along at all often.

Looking at the splits Brock posted, I think you won it between the hairpin and Spoon from me, pulled a tenth that I didn't quite pull back from you despite a faster T1 and T3. Well done mate, we've come quite a long way from winner and runner-up in the Sixaxis championship, eh mate? :) :cheers:

Excellent performances from Dan, Rudi, Carl, Bart, CT, Kev, Thomas, Andy and Grevling. Kevin doesn't spend more than an hour a week on WRS these days, but clearly when he puts the time in he can rise to the top of D2. Congratulations mate :cheers:

Brilliant week, great car. I plan to race it for the remainder of the update 👍

My replay in the Giallo Fly 512BB is attached, very proud of this lap 👍

All the best
Maz

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    114.4 KB · Views: 16
Congrats to TA and all the others who achieved their goals for this combo!!!...well done!!

Having had only about 1,5 hours this week to do this combo i have to say i am actually pretty amazed i am only 0.5 of a second down on the top time,but obviously that 0.5 second is more than it looks on paper...!!

Top job everybody!!!...

(Steven:the more i look at your winning picture the more i like it!!...deserved win man!!)

spyrrari.

Congratulations to the podium winners, and thanks Kev for this great combo. 👍 👍 👍

My replay.

Attachments

• Rudi 512BB @ Suzuka 550PP 2.16,307.zip
    116.6 KB · Views: 13
Well then ...

Firstly, sorry for the pathetic effort that I submitted this week. I didn't spend much time on it and it was a really difficult combo to me. On top of it, the only sort of ok lap I achieved appeared dirty on close scrutiny. I only submitted because I had it sitting in my memory and want to submit in WRS as often as I can.

Replay is attached tho not as a hotlap but as a series because the hotlap from that series was the foul one. Haitham is going to check it for me later on today.

Secondly, about the results picture. Thanks for the compliments, but as I said Bart's photo was far better than mine in terms of grabbing the essentials for the combo, and Spy's picture was the most creative of them all.
If only we could directly link the PS3 to the PC much better stuff would be possible. I sincerely hope that with GT5 we will again get a full Photo Mode function so we can do photo comps for WRS every week with real HQ stuff.

Oh yes, and of course many congratulations to all the true podiums for some astonishing laptimes in the brutal boxer beast :bowdown:

EDIT scrutinised the following replays:
Sascha - clean and green, specs ok 👍
Maz - clean and green, specs ok 👍

Both very well done. While reviewing D1 submissions I always feel humbled and astonished where they found the rails to put their wheels on in their version of the game that is obviously a different one from the one I am using :)

Kevin - sorry to say but 130R looks a bit hairy to me. Don't know how it works to park my car there and let it come by, so perhaps somebody else can take a look. I am 100% sure that our dear moderator would rather have his left testicle removed than submit a dirty lap ;) but still it has to be green flagged.

Attachments

• PS3.rar
    161 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Kevin - sorry to say but 130R looks a bit hairy to me. Don't know how it works to park my car there and let it come by, so perhaps somebody else can take a look. I am 100% sure that our dear moderator would rather have his left testicle removed than submit a dirty lap ;) but still it has to be green flagged.

I am close at 130R, with both right tires on the rumble. If nobody beats me to it, I'll take a pic of the ghost tonight. I checked my replay thoroughly, and have checked enough others' replays in 130R, that I'm confident it's clean.

Thanks for checking and verifying my lap as green, Steven. I'm glad I get to hold on to my testicles.

All the best
Maz

Hahaha, my evil scheme worked (get everyone else promoted). Podium for the second straigh week I participated in. It's really a fun combo. I remember race event 02 when I more or less hated the car. Not so anymore. It bugs me a bit though that if anything I am losing pace compared to the D1 guys instead of gaining as time passes.

I'll upload a replay for the record as well as a youtube video tonight.

. I still remember being 8 years old in 1976 - can anyone besides Kev tell us who won Superbowl X that year? :lol:
We didn't get much coverage here in Oz, (Hey..I was 8 then too) but I'll take a guess Miami Dolphins.
I don't know if Marino was playing back that far ago :lol:, but they had a good run through the 80's and 90's.

I didn't really have much time to fine tune the set-up mate :indiff: I tried a few things on the last day, but my driving initially was lacking to say the least, so I ended up going back to my original set-up because I knew what it was capable of, and just stuck with it until I got my speed back in my last session.

However, I did try changing the rear spring to 9 on the set-up I posted (from 10), which allowed it to ride the curbing a bit better. I also tried adjusting the brake sensitivity to 8/6 (from 7/5) which seemed to improve the braking potential for the hairpin, right after the T1 split, as well as braking for the final chicane in T3. Just throwing those out there in case you want to try.

BTW, I've only been running 2.2/2.3 camber on my set-up to begin with...I forgot to make those changes when I copied/pasted Ren's base tune into this thread...so I'm sorry for that! :ouch:

:cheers: No worries, I did put that posted tune on my B setup and found it to be very solid,(mine was lighter in the steering) but I couldn't get more than .3 faster than mine, so I adopted a few aspects, (the rear spring/damper and rear camber) and was able to eventually get the time I posted.

Incredible laps guys! :cheers:
Congrats to TA for the overall win and to all the Division winners and podiums.
In 1976 I was already 12, so I guess I'm going to start getting slower as the reflexes start giving way. :lol:

In 1976 I was already 12, so I guess I'm going to start getting slower as the reflexes start giving way. :lol:

Everyone knows you age faster here in the US - that's why we need better health care. :lol:

I guess its good to know that its NOT my age then that is holding me back so I'll press onward.

We didn't get much coverage here in Oz, (Hey..I was 8 then too) but I'll take a guess Miami Dolphins.
I don't know if Marino was playing back that far ago :lol:, but they had a good run through the 80's and 90's.

Poor old Dan never won a SuperBowl to my knowledge and it is NOT the Miami Dolphins - take a peak at EDK's avatar and I think you'll figure it out. :)

Great work guys, some astonishingly fast times up there, I really have no idea how you do it, even after watching your replays! I will post my replay shortly, sorry for the delay but anyone in or around the UK education system will understand when I say the word OFSTED!

Great work guys, some astonishingly fast times up there, I really have no idea how you do it, even after watching your replays! I will post my replay shortly, sorry for the delay but anyone in or around the UK education system will understand when I say the word OFSTED!

Oh dear me Andy you poor sod, you have my deepest sympathies! Ours is supposedly next year, should be fun as a newly merged college :scared:

EDIT: Kev I tried to grab your replay for another opinion but I got a corrupted file. I seem to have more success grabbing the whole PS3 folder zipped up, and also uploading for others to view it's been better that way.

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Congrats to all, especially to TA 👍 And Maz you beat me again FFS! ;)

Here is my replay. :cheers:

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    114.5 KB · Views: 17
EDIT: Kev I tried to grab your replay for another opinion but I got a corrupted file. I seem to have more success grabbing the whole PS3 folder zipped up, and also uploading for others to view it's been better that way.

Maz - I added another attachment to my post, in the format you describe. See if you can make that one work. ;)

My replay. As always you will need the download version of the game to be able to review it.

I'll see if I can manage a youtube video later.

Attachments

• WRS 53 GTP_Cohiba100.zip
    119.4 KB · Views: 12
Just viewed Kevin's replay, 100% clean and green, don't think it was even close at 130R. I used the chase cam and used backward-facing camera. It didn't even look like the outer wheels were on the rumble strip but both still on the tarmac.

I also viewed Crazytortise's lap. Both of which were very impressive and in places superb. Kevin I thought your turn 1 and hairpin were fantastic and CT your throttle control through the esses and exit of spoon was brilliant.

So in conclusion...

GTP_EDK
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
gflagjn4.gif

And Maz you beat me again FFS! ;)

Sorry, won't happen again :D

All the best
Maz

Back