• Drive Train: MR

IMG_1110.jpg

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 550 BHP
  • Weight: 1451 KG
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: S2 / S2
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

IMG_1134.jpg

Race Specifics:

• Your run must be done while being off line
  • All hard surfaces are part of the track
  • Please, take notice of the invisible walls - Take no risk when submitting.
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Minimal number of splits: 2
Maximum number of splits: 2

IMG_1117.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 59 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
    (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_EDK
  • you can submit only once
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • the deadline is Monday, December 21st @ 11:59pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

IMG_1141.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR team

Last edited:
Nice one Kevin 👍 tho the GT monster on S2's might be a handful to handle ...

:D

Nice one Kevin 👍 tho the GT monster on S2's might be a handful to handle ...

:D

Nah, it should be pretty easy actually, especially at HSR.:) I wonder if participation this week will be very good given the circumstances.;)

Blimey Kev, your giving my old DS3 a good working over with these muscley beasts :lol: Still 12 days until the G25, then I'll be even slower than normal!!!

Should be back for this weeks WRS. Havent been able to have anymore try's on last weeks so pretty bummed about that :(

Nah, it should be pretty easy actually, especially at HSR.:) I wonder if participation this week will be very good given the circumstances.;)
That could depend on a decent setup for the car. You have anything in stock for us? And what are those circumstances? :)

That could depend on a decent setup for the car. You have anything in stock for us? And what are those circumstances? :)

No tuning in a TT so its going to be an absolute beast, especially on S2's :scared:

And what are those circumstances? :)

GT5 Demo. EYS II (possibly).

No tuning in a TT so its going to be an absolute beast, especially on S2's :scared:

The Ford GT has always been one of the RWD cars with the most traction for its power, and the fact it's on S2s means the lift-off oversteer shouldn't be quite so bad.

Its not very hard. And it has a lot of traction compared to other cars with S2 tires! The damn thing just doesn't want to turn.. :) Which makes this a game of patience.

Starting off:

T1: '19.901
T2: '40.107

It will be interesting to see how much further we can push this car versus the leader board ATM.

:dopey: :dopey: :dopey:

I thought it was online/free run so that's why I asked ... must have been late last night ;)

[/off-topic] check out the pictures of the 'Ring today - not too busy under these circumstances I'd say [o/t]

I saw that this morning, wouldn't fancy it in a few inches of snow!!

I want to give it a shot but I don't know how Jack is doing with my request to join the GTP registry :confused:.

I want to give it a shot but I don't know how Jack is doing with my request to join the GTP registry :confused:.

It takes up to a week to process. When did you send it?

Either way, you can start participating now, your division placement will be sorted out before the deadline.

You sent me the PM on Dec 9th. If you look at the sign up page:

GTP_Registry Signup
Please allow 7 days for your registration to be processed.

👍

You sent me the PM on Dec 9th. If you look at the sign up page:

👍

My apologies then, I'm just an impatient little 🤬. ;)

T1: 30.124
T2: 54.xxx
I'm using the car totally stock. I don't know how I can be so slow :(. This car really makes me want my EVO IX back.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I was doing HSR, not HSR reverse :dunce:.

Last edited:
First run.
T1 20.362
T2 40.852

One to word to describe my lap. Understeer. :lol:

I just saw you and nuclearfire at the top 100! :cheers: :cheers: !

Anyway, my T1 is now at around 21.05X. I can't recall exactly my T2. No kidding, this car is pure understeer, absolut garbage. The speed and the brakes are very good thogh.

I just saw you and nuclearfire at the top 100! :cheers: :cheers: !

Anyway, my T1 is now at around 21.05X. I can't recall exactly my T2. No kidding, this car is pure understeer, absolut garbage. The speed and the brakes are very good thogh.

It looks like LIL_KACHING's run was back in April, and Nuclearfire's would be a mistake.

Your run is supposed to be made while OFFLINE, as stated in the rules above.

Also, you can remove the (Yet to be added to registry) comment from your PSN ID.

EDK
It looks like LIL_KACHING's run was back in April, and Nuclearfire's would be a mistake.

Your run is supposed to be made while OFFLINE, as stated in the rules above.

Also, you can remove the (Yet to be added to registry) comment from your PSN ID.

Excuse my noob-ness EDK, but how do I do it off-line? Should Iog I log out from my PSN before runnjng the game or do I have to unplug my router? And sorry for the comment in my PSN ID, I thought that what I wrote meant I had'nt been accepted in the registry so far. Mistakes I make due to not being native :dunce:.

Excuse my noob-ness EDK, but how do I do it off-line? Should Iog I log out from my PSN before runnjng the game or do I have to unplug my router? And sorry for the comment in my PSN ID, I thought that what I wrote meant I had'nt been accepted in the registry so far. Mistakes I make due to not being native :dunce:.

Yes, sign out of PSN. This can be done on the main screen, before entering the game, or while in the game, using XMB.

It's important that you no sign into PSN while you are in the arcade race. If you sign in after doing your lap and before exiting, it will upload your lap to the leaderboard.

Hope that helps. 👍

X_x another American car *cries* lol

Anyway, this thing turns like a refridgerator so umm

I'm really screwing something up in T2 and losing at least .5 there, I'm pretty sure it's the 1st turn of that sector....

EDK
Yes, sign out of PSN. This can be done on the main screen, before entering the game, or while in the game, using XMB.

It's important that you no sign into PSN while you are in the arcade race. If you sign in after doing your lap and before exiting, it will upload your lap to the leaderboard.

Hope that helps. 👍

It helps a lot, Thanks. I did a ?good? one but online, I'll try to do it again then.

I haven't played GT5 Prologue for ages, and i don't think this combo is the easiest way to ease myself back into the racing..eh...groove?

Nethertheless, looks like a fun challenge and will get some laps in during the week.

Jack.

Last edited:
Status update: Still turning like a pregnant cow....oh wait it's a FORD! Bingo, everything terrible is explained XD

I still have no clue how to pull near 40.0xx on T2 ugh, anyone have any tips? I just got that time by literally hitting the handbrake and ripping a linked drift all the way through it ;) oddly it's proved more effective than gripping through the whole section T.T

Status update: Still turning like a pregnant cow....oh wait it's a FORD! Bingo, everything terrible is explained XD

I still have no clue how to pull near 40.0xx on T2 ugh, anyone have any tips? I just got that time by literally hitting the handbrake and ripping a linked drift all the way through it ;) oddly it's proved more effective than gripping through the whole section T.T

If you watch P1 replay, he does not power slide or use the handbrake to negotiate S curves. Just be patient and hit your marks. Stay as close to the rumple strips as possible and feather the throttle until you can go to FULL. USE all of the gears RPM's.

After the tunnel turn, you should float the car in there, let the car roll a little , but get on the throttle as soon as possible without killing your racing line and messing up the entry into the next corner.

Good Luck! :)

If you watch P1 replay, he does not power slide or use the handbrake to negotiate S curves. Just be patient and hit your marks. Stay as close to the rumple strips as possible and feather the throttle until you can go to FULL. USE all of the gears RPM's.

After the tunnel turn, you should float the car in there, let the car roll a little , but get on the throttle as soon as possible without killing your racing line and messing up the entry into the next corner.

Good Luck! :)

Hehe thanks! :D (though I was actually just doing the drifting as more of a joke, it just oddly landed me a 40.4).

I pulled a

using your advice, however I still ponder the P1 replay guy's ability to keep that much traction though the end of the 2nd corner of T2 x_X my rear end kicks out everytime I try to go full throttle when he does. Still missing at least .3 in there somewhere

I still ponder the P1 replay guy's ability to keep that much traction though the end of the 2nd corner of T2 x_X my rear end kicks out everytime I try to go full throttle when he does.

You answered your own problem. You are the problem, not the car, nor is Ford. You cant gun it while turning, neither can the guys on top the leader board. You are near him and you assume that because he guns it you can. Well, this is where experience comes into play. You may be close to him, but your car is not positioned in the same way his is. Where you are messing up is on the entry of the turn before the turn in question.

You answered your own problem. You are the problem, not the car, nor is Ford. You cant gun it while turning, neither can the guys on top the leader board. You are near him and you assume that because he guns it you can. Well, this is where experience comes into play. You may be close to him, but your car is not positioned in the same way his is. Where you are messing up is on the entry of the turn before the turn in question.

I know, I'm not blaming the problem on the car...we're all using the same car, same settings, etc., I'm not new at this ;) I'm only a little frustrated, and pondering how he is able to mash the throttle at certain points involves figuring out how to drive my car so I can hit the throttle at those points. If something doesn't work, keep experimenting and trying...

Back