:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

aaaaaapb210084qg2.jpg

Race Details:

• Mode: Arcade > Time Trial
  • Physics: Professional
  • Track: Road Course - Daytona
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)
  • Tyre Type: S2/S2

Vehicle Specifics :

• Make: Italy > Ferrari
  • Model: 599
  • Power: 611 bhp
  • Weight: 1580 kg
  • Drive Train: FR

IMG_2712.jpg

Steward Comments:

This weekend, NASCAR Returns to Daytona, at the oval, and a race of a different name. We're going to run our own, the Daytona 599. ;)

This car is a beast, but just remember that it likes to be shortshifted so you can stay in 3rd gear in a lot of places to avoid wheelspin. 👍

Race Specifics:

• All hard surfaces are part of the track; Two wheels on track at all times; No wall hitting.
  • Your run must be done while being OFF LINE
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your replay

IMG_2662.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods)

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime
  • T4 Splits

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1-T3 Splits
  • Any settings discussion.

Minimal number of splits: 3
Maximum number of splits: 3

The official leaderboard can be found at
http://wrs.gtplanet.net/. Please post splits on separate lines, in order to avoid confusing the FetchBot.

IMG_2718.jpg

Viewing your Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Submission:

• All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 87 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
  • [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
  • (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_EDK
  • You can submit only once
    [*]Please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
    [*]The deadline is Monday July 5th 11.59pm GMT
    [*]If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers ,named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

IMG_2704.jpg

Good luck,
OLR Admin Team

:gtpflag:

Haven't been to Daytona road for ages, looking forward to giving this a go :)

Nice one Kevin :cheers:

Haven't been to Daytona road for ages, looking forward to giving this a go :)

Nice one Kevin :cheers:

I put it up early, and everything. Glad someone replied, so far. :dopey:

Coming off of last week, this is admittedly a shockingly difficult combo. :scared: But the main issue is finding braking points, so instead of trying to crush it in one swing, just take a few, nice, easy laps to get a feel for it. And end up with crappy splits like these. :P

1:13.436

EDK
Coming off of last week, this is admittedly a shockingly difficult combo. :scared: But the main issue is finding braking points, so instead of trying to crush it in one swing, just take a few, nice, easy laps to get a feel for it. And end up with crappy splits like these. :P

Oh yes, it's hella difficult. IMO the main issue is that the 599 has not enough braking power to slow down it's huge amount of horsepower.

As EDK said, the trick is to do some laps to get into the rythmn and then end up in the wall a couple of times like I did. :sly:

Anyways here are my splits, I'll leave it there for tonight.

1'12.624

xx.xxx
1'11.566

This isn't such a difficult combo, you just have to be composed when exiting corners to not loose control, small little corrections are all that is required, and certainly avoid the drift at the 3rd corner, conducted by the current online leader!

Thanks Steve, imprved a few tenths with

1'11.397

last sector was solidish, although with extreme commitment, tenth and a half remains

Lots of fun this week. This is my kind of combo.
First session:

1'12.380

Still plenty to be gained, particularly at turn 1.

Had my first run on this before work

Edit, new splits

T1 - 30.940
T2 - 58.083
T3 - 1.12.898

Last edited:
Managed to improve to these tonight.

1:12.895

Alright, bringing up the rear! Daytona Road has never been a favorite of mine (I feel like a ballerina ever time I touch the grass). But hey, it will definitely expose my weaknesses :)

T1: 31.759
T2: 59.775
T3: 1'14.866

T1: 0'30.965
t2: 0'57.710
t3: 1'12.349

T1: 0'30.838
T2: 0'57.523
T3: 1'12.227

Phillip.

Last edited:
New splits

T1 - 31.029
T2 - 57.493
T3 - 1.12.160

Ran really wide at turn 4:ouch:

Finally had a go at this one, very tricky combo Kev, I like it 👍

T1 - 31.652
T2 - 58.683
T3 - 1'13.532

Pheeeeewie, superb combo but very difficult :scared:

I had a session on this the other day and just didn't get it. Having just had my second session I can confirm that I'm consistent.

T1: 31.134
T2: 57.773
T3: 1'12.467

D.

So I had a go.

T1 - 31.689
T2 - 59.413
T3 - 1'13.984

Perhaps need to pick up the pace up a bit. Quite a tricky combo to jump back into.

Edit] I've managed to bugger up my recording of the split times too. Ignore these splits.

Okay lets have another go.

T1 - 31.611
T2 - 58.628
T3 - 1'13.445

Last edited:
Hi Guys, glad to be a part of the WRS now that I have some free time.

Excellent combo, but holy crap are those tenths here and there a pain in the butt to get. You get a couple tenths ahead of your ghost and then blow it by spinning, missing the braking point or hitting the wall. :mad: :mad: :mad: Then you have to try again and mess up the braking point on turn 1! :mad: :lol:

:lol::lol: But I had fun anyways... I think.

T1: 31.168
T2: 58.052
T3: 1'12.847

Hi Guys, glad to be a part of the WRS now that I have some free time.

Excellent combo, but holy crap are those tenths here and there a pain in the butt to get. You get a couple tenths ahead of your ghost and then blow it by spinning, missing the braking point or hitting the wall. :mad: :mad: :mad: Then you have to try again and mess up the braking point on turn 1! :mad: :lol:

:lol::lol: But I had fun anyways... I think.

Nice to see you in here. 👍

That sounds about right for this combo. :lol: :mad: :dopey:

Got some updated splits tonight. Chippin' away at it.

1:12.660

To DOUQA, RustyGunzz and Grand_Prix: please include your controller device in your signature in order to let the leaderboard update that info for you. Thanks 👍

To DOUQA, RustyGunzz and Grand_Prix: please include your controller device in your signature in order to let the leaderboard update that info for you. Thanks 👍

Signature updated. :)

First session splits:

T1 31.242
T2 58.248
T3 1'13.281

MadMax

I will have a go at this later, and this time I won't forget to submit my times!! lol

Back