• Model: RX-8 Type S '07
  • Drive Train: FR

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 246 BHP
  • Weight: 1310 KG
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: S2 / S2
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

IMG_2946.jpg

Race Specifics:

• Green areas, including grass areas are not considered part of the track
  • Use of the G25 Clutch (Or Any Clutch Device) is Prohibited
  • Your run must be done while being OFF LINE

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Run-off areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind, these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done, and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your replay

IMG_2936.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Minimal number of splits: 2
Maximum number of splits: 2

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

IMG_2934.jpg

Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 93 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
    (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_EDK
  • You can submit only once
  • Please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday August 16th 11:59 pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

IMG_2942.jpg

Good Luck!!
OLR Admin Team:gtpflag:

Actually when I say "pointless", I don't mean pointless at all! It very much has a point - overtaking, like you say (I don't know much about it, but I have a feeling it was put in specifically for F1).

I love the faster GT corner in its place. Reminds me of turn-6 at Laguna...except backwards.

I'm very rusty after months without touching Prologue, but I'll give it a try.

Agreed, the GT version is much more fun than the F variation.

Updated:
T1: 24.864
T2: 1'02.575

Fun combo, good to be back as well.

Last edited:
My T1 and T2:

0'24.693
1'02.058

0'24.579
1'01.814

0'24.578
1'01.888

Last edited:
1st run till later in week

Oops -- just realized I did F not GT :crazy::dopey::drool::dunce:

Last edited:
nooooooo, my favourite car on a track I haven't done for ages and I can't participate as I'm in the states for 2 weeks :( I guess I'll just have to avail myself of the free booze, ciggies and plenty of gambling!! good luck guys and enjoy the power of the rotary!

Hi guys, sorry I havn't been able to compete in the last month or so, i've been just too busy with other commitments. Anyway i'll have time this week :).

Here's my first splits after a quick run. A fair bit of improvement to come if I can only string three good sectors together.

T1: 24.737
T2: 1'02.307

Good luck all.

First Session I feel was very good for me and my controller.... I wish I could get the manual trans down with the controller. Man I gotta get me a wheel!!!!
T1 - 25.092
T2 - 1'02.864

/\ I think that depends on the person and what you are used to do. I'm considerably faster with a controller and had no problems shifting with it. But it's slightly different if at all than the controller.

Jerome

Well, I know I can get a faster lap, but so far I've only done that without it being clean.

Not sure how I even managed to get a lap done last night as tired as I was.

sorry, i know im not qualified yet, i was just wondering why the run has to be done while your offline?

sorry, i know im not qualified yet, i was just wondering why the run has to be done while your offline?

It's to prevent other WRS players from seeing your final laptime (and replay, if you get in the top 10 online) - This week, we can only reveal our split times. On some weeks, only the final laptime can be revealed, and split times cannot be revealed.

I love the combo this week. Will definitely find more time this week than I was able to last week.

First splits:

T1: 24.946
T2: 1'02.911

T1: 0'24.518
T2: 1'01.793

T1: 0'24.598
T2: 1'01.708

Phillip.

Last edited:
Do you find some kind of limitation with pad & manual shifting?

I have tried a couple different button layouts. Currently I use the dpad becasue the analog stick is to sensitive for me. Also I use R2 and L2 as my brake and gas, I tried putting the shift button as R1 and L1 but for some reason find it really hard to downshift while braking. Plus I used a wheel for all of my GT4 and havent been comfortable with manual on the controller since then.

BTW... I have mild carpal tunnel in both my hands due to my previous occupation so doing any more than 10 laps really hurts.

I have tried a couple different button layouts. Currently I use the dpad becasue the analog stick is to sensitive for me. Also I use R2 and L2 as my brake and gas, I tried putting the shift button as R1 and L1 but for some reason find it really hard to downshift while braking. Plus I used a wheel for all of my GT4 and havent been comfortable with manual on the controller since then.

BTW... I have mild carpal tunnel in both my hands due to my previous occupation so doing any more than 10 laps really hurts.

Try using [] and X for shifting, easy to use when either braking or gas.

It's to prevent other WRS players from seeing your final laptime (and replay, if you get in the top 10 online) - This week, we can only reveal our split times. On some weeks, only the final laptime can be revealed, and split times cannot be revealed.

thanks. makes sence

1'01.991

Very scruffy first corner, little bit of improvement in the long right too. Fun combo once you get in to it.

Latest Posts

Back