Vehicle Specifics:

IMG_3485.jpg

• Power: 690 HP (+13)
  • Weight: 990 kg (85%)
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional

• [*]Aero: Optional
  • Tyre Type: R3's
  • Performance Points: Up to Maximum PP (860)
  • Tuning: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

IMG_3501.jpg

Race Specifics:

• G25 Clutch is prohibited
  • Use your GTP_Tag

IMG_3492.jpg

Steward's Comments:
This week's theme is exactly the same as the one used by Sphinx for GT4 WRS Week 99. (arora's winning pic from that week's Photomode comp is also shown below). I couldn't resist the temptation to use his great play on the numbers, and the chance to use the GT LM one last time before Prologue goes on the shelf. ;) Have Fun. :mischievous:

wrs99.png

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Minimal number of splits: 2
Maximum number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

IMG_3496.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 99 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
    (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_EDK
  • you can submit only once
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • the deadline is Monday, September 27th 11:59pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

IMG_3508.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Gave this one a few laps to try it out. The fastest way I can get around a corner with this car is to stop before the corner, get out, push it, and then get back in after the corner. Anyway, here are my splits:

T1: 18.446
T2: 47.756

Damn this is gonna be very hard. Not only is the car a big pain in the ... And with my G27 just installed, so no more flippers for me. Is it gonna be a big challenge. And i need a tune too. I can't tune :nervous: HELP !!! :nervous:

Damn this is gonna be very hard. Not only is the car a big pain in the ... And with my G27 just installed, so no more flippers for me. Is it gonna be a big challenge. And i need a tune too. I can't tune :nervous: HELP !!! :nervous:

G27 very posh Room, glad you’ve got a wheel now enjoy 👍.

Your not the only one that can’t tune, I try to run my own tunes in WRS as I believe that’s the way to go in the sprit of the game and WRS.

Phillip.

G27 very posh Room, glad you’ve got a wheel now enjoy 👍.

Your not the only one that can’t tune, I try to run my own tunes in WRS as I believe that’s the way to go in the sprit of the game and WRS.

Phillip.

Thanks.

Had the G27 some time now. But wanted to wait till GT5 was released because the filppers don't work in Prologue. Was using the DFGT, but started to brake it self. So was forced to use it now.

Never much cared for the GTLM in GT5P as it's just an evil handling SOB... the GT's in the Nurburgring 24h race didn't appear to have life threatening tendancies everytime the driver braked or just eased off the gas a fraction. And the power delivery is lethal... exiting a corner, on full throttle, everything feels hooked up, then there's a massive torque spike and the car's sideways... oh, and avoid kerbs like the plague too :lol:

Given all that, it's actually quite good fun :lol:

T1: 18.282
T2: 47.053

Last edited:
Oh my God! I didn't care much for the last weeks combo mostly because of the tires. Well, R3 or not, this car is crazy! I only tried with the controller quickly, and I never managed to do a clean lap in 3 attempts. :lol: I'll hook up the steering wheel after lunch, and give it a try, but I can't see myself finishing anywhere higher than bottom of the list unless the G27 pedals help with throttle control. :nervous: And I wish PD released a little patch after TT demo to make the paddle shifters functional...

Never much cared for the GTLM in GT5P as it's just an evil handling SOB... the GT's in the Nurburgring 24h race didn't appear to have life threatening tendancies everytime the driver braked or just eased off the gas a fraction. And the power delivery is lethal... exiting a corner, on full throttle, everything feels hooked up, then there's a massive torque spike and the cars sideways... oh, and avoid kerbs like the plague too :lol:

Couldn't agree more! :scared: I just can't get round Turn 3 at any form of speed, because (unlike all the other turns), it's extremely hard to 'commit' to the turn, i.e brake/turn in, then power the car across the apex and out for maximum stability. For my driving at least, I need some adjustability on the throttle for the longer turns, this car seems to have none. Trying to dial out its snappy behaviour at the moment, not focusing on laptime.

Spent an hour getting my gears right, another 30 mins with the angles. Am now good to go, but i have to activate stability control. The car just loses it big time on the 100r and netz no matter what i do.

After 15 quick laps (half spent facing the other way), my first and not very good splits.

After seeing the other early times, cant see me being any closer than 5 seconds of the total lap. I dont seem to be getting any better!

Last edited:
100r is the tricky corner at Fuji in the GTLM... but once you've sussed out the technique it's manageable most of the time. Don't push too hard on the way in or you'll oversteer when you need to lose some speed mid bend... try and balance the car on a constant throttle (I'm in 3rd gear) and constant steering angle early in the turn... then make only minor throttle/steering adjustments to alter your line.

Wow I now remember why I hate Fuji, the penalties are ridiculous! (I mean the next lap invalidated penalties)
I spent most of my laps turning round after a spin.
I thought the NSX-R was bad for lift off oversteer. Holy cow this is WAY worse!

First splits..
T1: 18.624
T2: 48.124

This has got to be the hardest car to control, ever. One squeeze of the throttle too far and BLAMO!! you are facing the wrong way. Same thing happens if you touch a kerb.

Gonna need to put some serious practice into this one.

Saying that, I am getting done great top speed down the pit straight, 209mph215mph is my top I think.

5 laps in, here are the splits (not that they are worth much)

Had a bit of a tinker with the gear ratios, here's the result

10 more laps this evening;

Last edited:
100r is the tricky corner at Fuji in the GTLM... but once you've sussed out the technique it's manageable most of the time. Don't push too hard on the way in or you'll oversteer when you need to lose some speed mid bend... try and balance the car on a constant throttle (I'm in 3rd gear) and constant steering angle early in the turn... then make only minor throttle/steering adjustments to alter your line.

This - this is why I joined up for the WRS. Thanks very much, I was thinking something vaguely similar (it's soo easy so that now isn't it), so it's great to see someone faster suggest it also, that gives me confidence to refine that method further.

Paulie's set-up is still too aggressive for me; however it was a great starting point to apply the changes I'd developed. The gearing didn't work for me, I could barely reach 200mph with it before braking for Turn 1, now I'm hitting 209 if I get a good exit, and it's still in the power band. I took his '5-speed' approach, but got rid of 1st (too torquey) and made 2nd flexible enough the drag it smoothly out of all the tight corners. Doing this took a good second off my lap time simply by making the car more manageable.

Now I think more time will come from getting to grips with the car than tweaking the settings.

T1 0'18.872
T2 0'49.287

Last edited:
For 100r try dabbing the brake if you feel the car strating to get a bit out of hand. Will help to settle the car down. I do this with all, if not most MR cars. Same applies under heavy braking, dab the throttle. Takes some time to get the hang of but you will see it pays off.

What speed can you maintain through 100r? I can manage around 120 dropping to 115 towards the end? Any faster though and i am facing the wrong way.

Did about 40 laps with with the G27 for the first time. Getting the hang of it using the stick wasn't that hard. Thought it would take me much longer cos i have to let go one hand of the wheel. The hardest thing to get used to is the brake paddle. Have to use much more force then with my old DFGT.

Anyway this where i came up with. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Last edited:
I gave this a whiz earlier, specs correct and even a set-up more focused towards rear-end downforce at the expense of the front-end.

Unless my universally stiff suspension was to blame, has anyone managed to find a set-up that doesn't result in the car arbitrarily spinning out in the "easy" third corner? (long right-hander)

If this car refuses to go above 104mph before spinning for no reason in this corner then it's a bit silly, and yet another anomaly in GT's (largely excellent, but crucially flawed) handling model.

I'm afraid it has to be said that GT excels in so many areas but falls down catastrophically in a select few.

I gave this a whiz earlier, specs correct and even a set-up more focused towards rear-end downforce at the expense of the front-end.

Unless my universally stiff suspension was to blame, has anyone managed to find a set-up that doesn't result in the car arbitrarily spinning out in the "easy" third corner? (long right-hander)

If this car refuses to go above 104mph before spinning for no reason in this corner then it's a bit silly, and yet another anomaly in GT's (largely excellent, but crucially flawed) handling model.

I'm afraid it has to be said that GT excels in so many areas but falls down catastrophically in a select few.

I'm thinking your setup might be slightly to blame but also beware the GT has horrible lift off oversteer.
I am managing about 120-130 through 100R but I've already started on setting the car up the way I like it.
Wow, I just lost control going down that part to the tight chicane by changing gear, anyone else suffering from what can ony be described as chronic lift off oversteer?

Last edited:
Never really participated in one of these before. I just got my new GT3RS wheel so I thought I would jump in the last few of these events for GT5P. Looks like a fun way to break into the new wheel.

Starting to get to grips with this car though I do still spin out on the odd occasion.
Maybe some more tune tweaking but not much left to do.
I'm going to try & get my splits as low as a 47.0xx then I'll be happy!
A 47.5xx may be more within my reach though

New splits:
T1: 18.567
T2: 47.974

Great combo Kev. Better than last weeks N1 tires. Now I have GRIP

1st splits

0'18.323
0'47.230

Took it a little easy after T2 & I reckon I lost .5 on T3 :(

Wow crazy it feels like the car is a rocket about to blast off into the sky sometimes with this set up on this track... If I can get a lap that isn't ridiculous I'll be back in this week!

Jumped in this beast this fine morning to find out I'm all over the place at Fuji, even using Paulie's excellent tune.

I made the following adjustments to that tune and now the car seems to behave a little better or at least a bit more predictable:

RH min/max (-15/+10)
brakes 6 / 4
angle 40

And I'm thinking of shortening the gear box so that only gears 1-4 will be used, to avoid having to use TCS :)

How grand, what a coincidence, I've had a tune for this event for a very long time, I did it for sheer pleasure and to see how fast Fuji could be done in a GT LM. Here it is:
LDP GT Time Attack Car

Back