• Track: Original Circuits > Trial Mountain
  • Car Type: Arcade Only >Premium
  • Make: JP > Toyota
  • Model: Castrol Tom's Supra '97

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 473 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1150 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd)
  • Tyre Type: Racing Medium (RM's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM: Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete

Steward's Comments:
The WRS Turns 8 this week!! We honor this prestigious event with a race that emulates the very first WRS combo. Have Fun Cutting Laps. :D

Viewing your T1 & T2 &T3 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1, T2 and T3 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

TrialMountainCircuit_4.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1, T2 and T3 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 3

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 2 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX

• (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, February 28th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

[/COLOR]
Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

TrialMountainCircuit_1.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Nice one Kev. 👍

Just a little bit more grip than last week. :lol:
I'll give this a couple of hours of my time tonight.

Cheers Shaun.

Well Joe looks like we are in luck here.
We ran this same track/car/tyres in the league last week.
Be interesting to see the times that get posted compared to our Div 1 guys.

We have waited three years to get a combo of a race car with race tires again.:)

Top combo 👍,

Kevin you are the best,it is unbelievable how much time you invest in the WRS and GTplanet.
:cheers:

We have waited three years to get a combo of a race car with race tires again.:)

Top combo 👍,

Kevin you are the best,it is unbelievable how much time you invest in the WRS and GTplanet.

Who is Kevin ? :guilty:

Sorry Kev

Top combo 👍,

That means a lot coming from you. :cheers: Buddy. :)

Who is Kevin ? :guilty:

Sorry Kev

That would be me. :dopey:

Well Joe looks like we are in luck here.
We ran this same track/car/tyres in the league last week.
Be interesting to see the times that get posted compared to our Div 1 guys.
I was thinking same thing..but the Mod's may have a different opinion on the yellow painted sections of the track?

I was thinking same thing..but the Mod's may have a different opinion on the yellow painted sections of the track?

Fair game. All hard surfaces are track, including red and white rumbles. Just avoid the walls. :mischievous:

Awesome combo. Ill start off my times with

T1: 16.962
T2: 42.869
T3: 1:04.320

T1: 16.603
T2: 42.536
T3: 1:03.844

Hope i have submitted them correct.

EDK under things to be discussed in this thread you only have T1 and T2. I'm guessing it was just missed but further up it says T3 as well. Just thought i would let you know before you get questions about it.

Last edited:
EDK under things to be discussed in this thread you only have T1 and T2. I'm guessing it was just missed but further up it says T3 as well. Just thought i would let you know before you get questions about it.

Fixed. :cheers:

4 laps, Arcade mode car is ALOT easier than the online version

T1. 16.109
T2. 41.779
T3. 1:03:855

Offline has no fuel or tyre wear in place, so the times are a second or so faster than practicing on a server.

If I can just stop hosting remote B-spec races I will give this a go later tonight :lol:

Ran about a dozen laps. For some reason my first one was the fastest... I'll blame that on the trip to the pub I made earlier this afternoon.

T1: 16.403
T2: 42.594
T3: 1'04.807

Quick question, can't one simply purchase their own Castrol Tom's Supra, add in more HP, chassis reinforcement, tune the suspension/LSD/etc., and add it to their favourites and be able to use it in arcade mode? How do you expect to catch someone that does this?

7/5 Brake balance here.
Even higher is a good option,dependant on your driving style.

Gave it a crack with ABS on 10 and was just as quick.

Abs 0 and BB 4/2 and was up on my 2nd sector time but couldnt nail it at the end of the mountain.

Quick question, can't one simply purchase their own Castrol Tom's Supra, add in more HP, chassis reinforcement, tune the suspension/LSD/etc., and add it to their favourites and be able to use it in arcade mode? How do you expect to catch someone that does this?

Honestly, I'm just done with trying to post an event that's completely foolproof when it comes to rule breaking. There are literally 2 events (At Most) on the game right now that will allow for 100% accuracy when it comes to replay verification.

I did save replays from both "Favorites" and "Arcade" cars, and the file size of the Favorites is larger. Even if that's not the case for everyone who runs, we're at a point where we're going to have to trust the integrity of our participants.

At the same time, we are taking steps to significantly raise the awareness of the inadequate replay and event system that GT5 provides. More to come on that piece, but trust me. We know it's broken. But, at the same time, we've been at this a long time. And if people want to cheat after running a qualifier that IS verifiable form a standpoint of accuracy, we WILL kick them to the curb.

I know that doesn't completely address your question/issue, so if you still aren't satisfied, you don't have to participate.

EDK
Honestly, I'm just completely done with trying to post an event that's completely foolproof when it comes to rule breaking. There are literally 2 events (At Most) on the game right now that will allow for 100% accuracy when it comes to replay verification.

I did save replays from both "Favorites" and "Arcade" cars, and the file size of the Favorites is larger. Even if that's not the case for everyone who runs, we're at a point where we're going to have to trust the integrity of our participants.

At the same time, we are taking steps to significantly raise the awareness of the inadequate replay and event system that GT5 provides. More to come on that piece, but trust me. We know it's broken. But, at the same time, we've been at this a long time. And if people want to cheat after running a qualifier that IS verifiable form a standpoint of accuracy, we WILL kick them to the curb.

I know that doesn't completely address your question/issue, so if you still aren't satisfied, you don't have to participate.

Completely fine with me, and I completely respect the decisions you guys make. I just wanted to be sure we were both on the same page. I'll look into the replay file size thing you mentioned and attempt to recreate the difference to see if it is in fact true.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDK
we're at a point where we're going to have to trust the integrity of our participants.

I don't understand why anyone would sign up for a comp like this and cheat. There's no prize, and surely there's no satisfaction in winning by cheating. I know some people gain a perverse satisfaction out of cheating, but I just don't get it. As someone who moderates on another online community where I have to weed out and discipline cheaters, you mods have my sympathies. I wish there wasn't always some arsehat who tried to break the rules, but all too often there is.

A quick 20mins for me......... until GT5 came along i'd never raced Trial Mountain before, and even now i still lose my way a little with correct gearing at certain corners, so some practice coming my way.

Last sector to the line needs attending to as it was pretty average, but it's still has hot as hell here in Brisbane, and i've got no aircon in a 35 degree room:crazy:.... which doesn't help my concentration levels i'm afraid!

T1: 16.016
T2: 41.318
T3: 1'02.396

Completely stock settings, no adjustment to Brake Bias etc...

Is there a change to the leaderboard in the works were you just post the intermediate splits as they show up on the replay live timing and the leaderboard then calculate the splits?

but it's still has hot as hell here in Brisbane, and i've got no aircon in a 35 degree room:crazy:.... which doesn't help my concentration levels i'm afraid!

I know what you mean mate. its crazy.:ouch:

Is there a change to the leaderboard in the works were you just post the intermediate splits as they show up on the replay live timing and the leaderboard then calculate the splits?

Good question. I will re-engage with Joost on that piece. In the mean time, you can be cold AND mathematically challenged. ;)

Back