• Mode: GT Mode : Special Events
  • Track: Grand Tour > Eiger Nordwand Time Trial
  • Make: Italy > Alfa Romeo
  • Model: 8C Competizione '08

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 452 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1585 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (This Aid is Set to 'Off' For the Event)
  • Tyre Type: Sports Hard (S1's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • All hard surfaces are track (Dirt is not a hard surface)

Steward's Comments:
Our first visit to one of the Prologue tracks this week. Those who ran WRS on Prologue might have an initial advantage here. While splits are not visible during your run, they are visible in the live timing monitor when watching your replay.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• Save your replay using the "Save Replay" option. This is the only replay save option available for this event, you will not be able to save a ghost replay
  • Make sure you save your replay any time you have a run you are happy with. The game will overwrite the fastest replay every time you make a new run.
  • To view your replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

EigerNordwandShortTrack_1.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

EigerNordwandShortTrack_2.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 7 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, April 4th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

EigerNordwandShortTrack_3.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Excellent!! I love driving this track, although I'm not too fast on it. Patience during the switchbacks is always hard!

Weird, yesterday i felt like playing the Grand Tour again :odd:

Had some problems with this one so hopefully it will work out

It seems I picked the wrong time to join the WRS lol, the last 2 combos could not of been worse for me as I drive one handed, first Monaco now this, I have a feeling somebody out there is exploiting my weaknesses :lol:

First 20mins:

-------

Very nice combo!👍

There is no ghost car so I have no idea where I'm loosing time....don't have much experience on this track since I haven't played prologue alot!Awaiting to see splits from other drivers so I can compare!💡

It seems I picked the wrong time to join the WRS lol, the last 2 combos could not of been worse for me as I drive one handed, first Monaco now this, I have a feeling somebody out there is exploiting my weaknesses :lol:

Keep both hands on the wheel at all times. :lol:
If I drove like that my wheel would snap my wrist.
Unless your using a pad, Then thats some skill. :lol:

Hate this event, Not even golded It yet.
Never the less I'll give It my all.
Good luck WRSers.

Keep both hands on the wheel at all times. :lol:
If I drove like that my wheel would snap my wrist.
Unless your using a pad, Then thats some skill. :lol:

Hate this event, Not even golded It yet.
Never the less I'll give It my all.
Good luck WRSers.

I use the DFGT, the last combo wasn't all that bad on racing softs but this on sport hards is going to be a bigger challenge. :scared:

T1: 35.044
T2: 21.264

Sorry Zoky, nowt to compare with here lol :)

Quick blast - I love Alfas and I do like this track, but it's tough to know when you are doing well without a ghost. Still - it's a bit different and a good challenge. Good stuff 👍

I have a feeling somebody out there is exploiting my weaknesses :lol:

I wonder what all 88 people below you on the leaderboard for week 6 think of that statement.

Edit - Aaaargh! No ghost.... that was one of my downfalls on the qualifier too. Should be an interesting challenge. :)

Last edited:
So you can see how high above D5 you are, here are the results of a couple of laps! :)

T1: 36.182
T2: 21.796

Damn, Chuk, you just ruined my 3rd place!!!! :crazy:

3rdfornow.jpg

.........which I will never see again, :)!!!

I wonder what all 88 people below you on the leaderboard for week 6 think of that statement.

Edit - Aaaargh! No ghost.... that was one of my downfalls on the qualifier too. Should be an interesting challenge. :)

I was not implying anything with that comment, I have respect for everybody on the leader boards and have not said a bad word about anybody.

Think you are jumping the gun a bit there, get to know me before making accusations :grumpy:

I will be dropping a few places for week 6 after further inspection of my replay

I hope I joined the WRS for the right reasons, I was under the impression everybody was a friendly and helpful bunch of guys

Think that was all in good humour from Vagabond, Plato.

I only Golded this by about 3 thousandths and struggled. Could be a tough week.

Think that was all in good humour from Vagabond, Plato.

I only Golded this by about 3 thousandths and struggled. Could be a tough week.

I hope so, upgraded to premium membership yesterday for the reason I gave in last post (friendly and helpful)

I think the only reason why you interpreted that statement as such is the lack of exclamation mark at the end! I seriously doubt Chris meant anything bad by it.

get to know me before making accusations :grumpy:

How on Earth did that come across as an accusation?

I parry your offence with a chiding tone... get to know me before taking umbrage at my sarcasm. :sly:

Edit - to avoid further confusion I shall render my humour obsolete by explaining it. 88 people below you in the splits, 88 people who have more reason to think their weaknesses are being exploited than you have, 88 people who would read your statement and think "Holy Crap, you call that being exploited for your weaknesses? What weaknesses?"

Edit edit - I'm one of them 👍

Edit edit edit - Thank Nigel 👍 I actually hate exlamation marks and use them rarely... such as in relation to Josh's lap times.

Last edited:

I parry your offence with a chiding tone... get to know me before taking umbrage at my sarcasm. :sly:

Edit - to avoid further confusion I shall render my humour obsolete by explaining it. 88 people below you in the splits, 88 people who have more reason to think their weaknesses are being exploited than you have, 88 people who would read your statement and think "Holy Crap, you call that being exploited for your weaknesses? What weaknesses?"

I am not trying to cause upset or an argument here, like I said I joined the WRS because it seemed a friendly helpful environment.

If I have offended anybody by my comments I apologize, didn't mean anything by it.

Vagabond, hope we haven't got off on the wrong foot... lets start again

Edit edit edit - Thank Nigel 👍 I actually hate exlamation marks and use them rarely... such as in relation to Josh's lap times.

I often find exclamation marks are useful for defining tone on the internet. It can make a big difference and tone can be really hard to read on the web, especially if you get different cultures mixing. Sarcasm can be a very British thing.

Oh how this combo is amazing and requires a ton of patience / throttle control 👍

T1: 35.907
T2: 21.154

Good Luck to everyone this week :cheers:

Last edited:
Man Week 7 already. I'm still cursing in Monaco, I thought it went untill tomorrow.

It does, weeks will always overlap by at least a day. 👍 Still got till the deadline in the thread.

Vagabond, hope we haven't got off on the wrong foot... lets start again

Fine by me. My name is Chris, I am erratic and inconsistent and oftimes sarcastic 👍

I often find exclamation marks are useful for defining tone on the internet. It can make a big difference and tone can be really hard to read on the web, especially if you get different cultures mixing. Sarcasm can be a very British thing.

True enough, mate. Plato is British though, so he has no excuse(!) :sly:

Damn, I'm all over the place on this track (still)

T1: 35.078
T2: 21.101

There may be room for some improvement.... :dopey:

True enough, mate. Plato is British though, so he has no excuse(!)

Lol, No, he's from Guernsey, that's like being from Mars. :D
Jk Plato

Sarcasm noted :sly:

Good luck on next time trial, I may continue with week 6 as I am unsure if my lap is clean or dirty. If I don't beat it I have a time a couple of tenths slower thats clean I can submit.

Good luck to all others taking part :)

Back