2014 Verizon IndyCar Series. The fastest drivers in the world.

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by VNAF Ace, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Furinkazen

Premium
    United Kingdom Lancashire
    PSN:Furinkazen

Beautiful Helio.
  2. Bye Ya

PSN:Bye_Ya

Great stuff. :tup:
  3. hornet_burnout

Portugal Porto
    PSN:Burnout_PT

4. F1 fan

Premium
    Scotland Yokohama
    PSN:F1fan1

Do as many interviews/flashbacks to previous races/adverts as possible. Despite watching the whole race last night, the thing was besieged by adverts. Really took the enjoyment out and made me question the decision to stay up to 4am.

Doesn't matter though. I can always watch the Indy at St. Petersburg next year and I'll probably see more of this race during next years.
  5. Snaeper

Premium
    United States Phoenix, AZ
    PSN:GTP_Snaeper

Rumor(?): Circuit of the America's is in talks with IRL for adding the series to the schedule for 2013.
  6. Endless-Wilso

United States oshkosh/WI
    PSN:EndLesS-Wilso

Heard a rumor that INDY could race at the new Ciruit of the America's next year.
  7. Snaeper

Premium
    United States Phoenix, AZ
    PSN:GTP_Snaeper

Oh, really? :sly:

*puts on extra ladels of sarcasm*
  8. F1 fan

Premium
    Scotland Yokohama
    PSN:F1fan1

Looks like you Tree'd him. Anyone have a source?
  9. Endless-Wilso

United States oshkosh/WI
    PSN:EndLesS-Wilso

It was from the guy who covers Indy for Speed's Wind tunnel show who knows where he got the info but he also added it would be hosted by Sprint.
  10. Cowboys965

United States Connecticut
    PSN:Cowboys965

You mean... Verizon?
  11. JohnBM01

Premium
    United States Houston, Texas
    PSN:JMarine25

I didn't get to see all of the race, sadly. Good for Helio Castroneves to win. I won't get to see many of the races since I don't get NBC Sports Network (formerly Versus). It had to be very emotional with Holly Wheldon waving the flag as well as Helio climbing up to the Dan Wheldon Way sign.

One down, 15(?) to go. VERY far from declaring any champion. Bring on the beautiful and challenging Barber Motorsports Park!
  12. Cowboys965

It's ABC.
  13. GTPorsche

United States Williamsburg,Va
    PSN:GTP_orsche

I mention CotA should host an Indy race, and two days later, there's rumors of it?

:D
  14. VNAF Ace

United States USA
    PSN:VNAF_Ace

15. Justin

Premium
    United States Minnesota

I think he meant to say he won't get to watch many races over the year as 10/16 are on NBC Sports.
  16. RACECAR

Premium
    United States Dallas,Texas
    PSN:GTP_RACECAR

No, Indycar's races are being broadcasted on two networks and as Justin pointed out, he means he won't get to see the majority of the races because his provider does not carry the channel that used to be VERSUS (Now called NBC Sports Network).
  17. JohnBM01

Premium
    United States Houston, Texas
    PSN:JMarine25

Yeah. Thanks for the clarifying, RACECAR and others. With the new cars, I kind of like the roar of the engines; but they are VERY far from the good old Champ Car roar like when I got into racing in 1999. That was just sweet music (then) CART cars offered. It was still sweet to hear the newer... is it 2.6-liter V6 turbo engines?

So after one race, how do you like the newer DW12 Indy cars compared to the previous models? You know... their performance, their aerodynamics, their speed, etc.?
  18. RACECAR

Premium
    United States Dallas,Texas
    PSN:GTP_RACECAR

They're starting to grow on me to be honest. Part of me thinks if they remove that rear portion after the wheels, it looks more liek a proper open wheel car but at the same time its not a big deal to me. And I do like the sound of the engines quite alot, a very nice change from the Hondas we've heard all these years.
  19. Cowboys965

At the least only use it on Ovals.
  20. GTPorsche

United States Williamsburg,Va
    PSN:GTP_orsche

They need to keep it on all tracks. If the old car had them, Castroneves and Kanaan wouldn't have had that incident in practice for the Baltimore GP where the one had brake failure and went flying over the other. Can't remember which one was the one who went flying due to brake issues.
  21. Cowboys965

Kanaan flew over Castroneves.

Agreed that they should keep it. I hate all of the "It's not true open wheel racing blah blah blah".
  22. Hun200kmh

Portugal Lisboa
    PSN:GTP_Hun

23. Blaze_409

The Sun
    PSN:Blaze_409

Will Power is just out of this world on street tracks. Despite finishing back in 7th he was the only guy to pace a sub 1:03 lap in the race.
  24. Justin

Premium
    United States Minnesota

Houston is set for October '13.

[​IMG]

Link
  25. Speedwise, they're still about a second off where I'd like them to be.

The look of the car is growing on me. The bodywork behind the rear of the tires makes them look futuristic. And if it can prevent cars from launching, it may be a safety innovation that makes its way to open wheel series across the world
  26. pezzarinho17

United Kingdom Ludlow, Shropshire
    PSN:pezzarinho17

St Petersburg was my first race and trying to get into the series with it being shown on Sky Sports F1.

Whilst watching though, although the car is brand new the technology seems way behind any other single seat series? They were talking about the paddle clutches an awful lot and the new brakes etc. Why has it taken so long for it to catch up?

Hoping that Rubens can do well and fight for podiums later in the year.
  27. The march of technology in Formula 1 comes at a high cost. A mid tier Formula 1 team probably has the budget of the entire Indycar grid.

In Indycar's prime the cars were only two or three years behind Formula 1 in terms of technology.

But now, because of the split in 1996 that severely damaged the series, technological advancement has become very slow. In fact, the entire field raced the same car, Dallara/Honda, for the past few years.
  28. scarslasher

Columbus, GA

Yeah. Rubens if my pick for.. pretty much the rest of the year. Even if he's up to a slow start.
  29. Bye Ya

PSN:Bye_Ya

Ugh, those announcers are so bad. :yuck:

I like the look. From the back they have an LMS kind of style going on.
  30. prisonermonkeys

Staff Emeritus

It's a horrible little circuit.
Next Page »