2024 Gr.1/Gr.3 Sat Night Endurance League, Next Race 5/4, High-Speed Ring 410 km, Open 7pm Qualifying 8pm Race 8:30pm All US Eastern TimeOpen 

18e6f1886d764-screenshotUrl.jpg

Round 8 Results

Gr.1 Results
Pole Award: Fastone371
Race Winner: TheColdWarriors
Fastest Lap: TheColdWarriors

Gr.3 Results
Pole Award: DusanMandic9
Class Winner: DusanMandic9
Fastest Lap: DusanMandic9

Gr.1 Points Standings
Updated to Round 8, 3/23/24
Position. PSN ID, Points Total, Wins
1. TheColdWarriors, 98 pts, 2 Wins
2. Michel-QC_21, 62 pts, 1 Win
3. fastone371, 59 pts, 1 Win

Gr.3 Points Standings
Updated to Round 8, 3/23/24
Position. PSN ID, Points Total, Wins
1. OCR_GUI_JOSA, 214 pts, 6 Wins
2. DusanMandic9, 84 pts, 1 Win
3. poolshark3436, 41 pts
4. SHOFAST, 40 pts
5. Michel-QC_21, 37 pts, 1 Win
6. Ace5920, 28 pts
7. fastone371, 28 pts
8. p1p_squeek11, 27 pts
9. TheColdWarriors, 23 pts
10. iismoke_DOPE, 4 pts

Next Race

4/6, 9. 1 Hour of the Horse Thief Mile
Race Details
Willow Springs International Raceway Horse Thief Mile Forward, 1 Hour Race, Late Morning Start, Time Change x6, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Tires Required RH RM, Tires x8, Fuel x4, Fuel At Start 99%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Wall Penalties None, Pit Line Penalty On, Contact Penalty Off, x1 Points Payout

Last edited:
Hey guys thanks for the turnout for this round. And thanks for those who stayed for the unscheduled after party exhibition rounds. Next weekend is Easter. So we are off. Try not to get executed and watch your egg supply. Who knows where those rabbits keep their eggs from. Round 9 is in 2 weeks. A shorter 1 hour race at the very small and hilly Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile. This was my personal pick from my finishing position last season. Oh, by the way there is small prize available for the top 3 finishing positions in both classes. Which are track picks for the next season. With the championship winners getting 2 picks. Anyways again enjoy your holiday weekend. See guys in 2 weeks in the desert.

Last edited:
Hey guys after some thinking. I've decided to get rid of the tire requirements for this upcoming round to allow for strategical free for this rarely used compact road course. The exhibition race here Saturday was my first race on this track against humans. So my setup and strategy are just as much of a guest as anyone else's. Mechanical grip is must but, so is track position.

Next Race

Race Details
Willow Springs International Raceway Horse Thief Mile Forward, 1 Hour Race, Late Morning Start, Time Change x6, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Tires Required None, Tires x8, Fuel x4, Fuel At Start 99%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Wall Penalties None, Pit Line Penalty On, Contact Penalty Off, x1 Points Payout

I have been made aware that there is a balance of power issue with the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car Gr.3. It sounds like it only this specific model. For fairness of competition. I must unfortunately restrict this model from use until the issue is reported fixed. This banned is effective immediately. Anyone currently using this model may freely switch to any other Ford Gr.3 Model. Yes I'm aware nobody is currently using the car. Just being thorough to keep competition as fair as possible.

Last edited:
Hey guys hope you're having a good Friday. I would like remind that there is no race this weekend due to the holiday. The next 2 races round 9 and 10 are back to back. Both are shorter 1 hour rounds. Next round the most controversial race of the season a 1 hour race at Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile Forward. That's right that compact hilly rarely course is are next round on April 6th. This is last timed race until Le Mans. The following weekend is a day to night 235 km Race at Tokyo Expressway South Counterclockwise (aka Inner Loop). Which this round will kick off our mini tour of Japan segment. Anyways I will post the next 2 rounds below. Full season can be found in post 2 on my GT Planet forum. Enjoy your Easter weekend and see you next Saturday.

Next Race

Race Details
Willow Springs International Raceway Horse Thief Mile Forward, 1 Hour Race, Late Morning Start, Time Change x6, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Tires Required None, Tires x8, Fuel x4, Fuel At Start 99%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Wall Penalties None, Pit Line Penalty On, Contact Penalty Off, x1 Points Payout

Following Race

4/13, 10. Tokyo South Prime Time 235 km

Race Details
Tokyo Expressway South Counterclockwise, 36 Laps Race, 236.3 km (146.8 miles), Race Reduced to 31 Laps (200 km) if Gr.3 Only, Evening Start, Time Change x6, Night Driving Yes, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Tires Required RH RM, Tires x8, Fuel x4, Fuel At Start 96%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Strong, Wall Penalties None, Pit Line Penalty On, Contact Penalty On, x1 Points Payout

Last edited:
I'm going to be questionable for Horse Thief, I have extremely bad tendinitis in my shoulder, started acting up during Nurburgring, I should have dropped out of that one, I'm paying paying the price for it now though. I got a cortisone shot Monday and going to PT just so I can get back to work.

I'm going to be questionable for Horse Thief, I have extremely bad tendinitis in my shoulder, started acting up during Nurburgring, I should have dropped out of that one, I'm paying paying the price for it now though. I got a cortisone shot Monday and going to PT just so I can get back to work.
Ouch sorry man. Is that why you started making mistakes. After my mistake on lap 3 that forced me to make an additional pit stop. I was not going to catch you without held. My suggestion is do you have a functioning controller of good quality? That should be easier on your body. And you have a week to adjust to it. Also be aware your track pick for Autopolis is coming up in 3 rounds at the end April. Which is also a very technical race track. I'm sure swapping back to a is not ideal but, it may be your best option to be able to continue.

Ouch sorry man. Is that why you started making mistakes. After my mistake on lap 3 that forced me to make an additional pit stop. I was not going to catch you without held. My suggestion is do you have a functioning controller of good quality? That should be easier on your body. And you have a week to adjust to it. Also be aware your track pick for Autopolis is coming up in 3 rounds at the end April. Which is also a very technical race track. I'm sure swapping back to a is not ideal but, it may be your best option to be able to continue.
Yeah, I think my shoulder bothering me caused me to lose concentration, my initial last stop (2nd pit stop) for fuel and tires I made at lap 10 with almost 2 laps of fuel left, not sure why I did that, those should have been my fastest laps. I was steadily dialing down the force on my wheel starting around lap 6 and I don't run it very high in the first place. I run around 50% on the low setting, I can still install the high torque key and dial it up much higher if I elected to, not sure why someone would run it that high though, but some do. Then I made 2 mistakes by putting a tire in the grass, both times I hit the guard rail, after the first time I knew my race was over so I was just trying to finish. There's no chance I could race with a controller, I have not used it in years, since the release of GTS and I really suck with it, I don't play any other video games so I have no practice with the controller. Cortisone and PT are working pretty good, I'm going to try driving again this morning, I will see how it goes.

Yeah, I think my shoulder bothering me caused me to lose concentration, my initial last stop (2nd pit stop) for fuel and tires I made at lap 10 with almost 2 laps of fuel left, not sure why I did that, those should have been my fastest laps. I was steadily dialing down the force on my wheel starting around lap 6 and I don't run it very high in the first place. I run around 50% on the low setting, I can still install the high torque key and dial it up much higher if I elected to, not sure why someone would run it that high though, but some do. Then I made 2 mistakes by putting a tire in the grass, both times I hit the guard rail, after the first time I knew my race was over so I was just trying to finish. There's no chance I could race with a controller, I have not used it in years, since the release of GTS and I really suck with it, I don't play any other video games so I have no practice with the controller. Cortisone and PT are working pretty good, I'm going to try driving again this morning, I will see how it goes.
I planned on a 3 stop strategy on lap 2, lap 6, lap 10. This plan was set when I lost pole in qualifying. The short pit was to get me off schedule you'll so I could have clear track. Trying to make a pass on track at the Nurburgring without the straightaway advantage is extremely difficult. So the idea was to pit early and at least pass Michel-QC_21 while he was making his first stop. I wasn't sure I would be fast enough to pass you as well. While the Porsche could do 5 laps on fuel with only a little saving. Doing 5 laps on RM especially in the warmer conditions of the race was a little close for too comfort. I tried RH felt they were too slow. Running the Nurburgring extremely worn tires is a great way to get yourself into trouble. I've also learned from previous races at the Nurburgring that mechanical grip is very important. And you can make up an extra pit stop.

Yeah if it's been that long. Then it would probably take more than week to get reuse to a controller. Comments from wheel users from the exhibition. This is a tough track for wheel users. Due to the 5 tight hairpins.

As from competition don't expect the 787B to be much of a threat this round Michel-QC_21 will likely be a class of his own. And not in a good way unfortunately. I not going to lie this was one of the races I had circled. This track pairs wonderfully with the hybrid system but, the Mazda LM55 VGT is possibly the must well balanced car in class terms of overall performance. While not boosted it's drive off is still relatively good.

I planned on a 3 stop strategy on lap 2, lap 6, lap 10. This plan was set when I lost pole in qualifying. The short pit was to get me off schedule you'll so I could have clear track. Trying to make a pass on track at the Nurburgring without the straightaway advantage is extremely difficult. So the idea was to pit early and at least pass Michel-QC_21 while he was making his first stop. I wasn't sure I would be fast enough to pass you as well. While the Porsche could do 5 laps on fuel with only a little saving. Doing 5 laps on RM especially in the warmer conditions of the race was a little close for too comfort. I tried RH felt they were too slow. Running the Nurburgring extremely worn tires is a great way to get yourself into trouble. I've also learned from previous races at the Nurburgring that mechanical grip is very important. And you can make up an extra pit stop.

Yeah if it's been that long. Then it would probably take more than week to get reuse to a controller. Comments from wheel users from the exhibition. This is a tough track for wheel users. Due to the 5 tight hairpins.

As from competition don't expect the 787B to be much of a threat this round Michel-QC_21 will likely be a class of his own. And not in a good way unfortunately. I not going to lie this was one of the races I had circled. This track pairs wonderfully with the hybrid system but, the Mazda LM55 VGT is possibly the must well balanced car in class terms of overall performance. While not boosted it's drive off is still relatively good.
I practiced at Horse Thief a little yesterday, it appears you have slipped and fell off of your rocker. Some of the turns with GR1 cars are so tight that you have to make a 3 point turn. :lol:

Hey guys hope you had a fun holiday weekend. Only 5 days until next at Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile and only 12 days until the following round at Tokyo Expressway South Counterclockwise (GTS Inner Loop). Full schedule available in the GT Planet post 2.

Next Race

Race Details

Following Race

Race Details
Tokyo Expressway South Counterclockwise, 36 Laps Race, 236.3 km (146.8 miles), Race Reduced to 31 Laps (200 km) if Gr.3 Only, Evening Start, Time Change x6, Night Driving Yes, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Tires Required RH RM, Tires x8, Fuel x4, Fuel At Start 96%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Strong, Wall Penalties None, Pit Line Penalty On, Contact Penalty On, x1 Points Payout

I practiced at Horse Thief a little yesterday, it appears you have slipped and fell off of your rocker. Some of the turns with GR1 cars are so tight that you have to make a 3 point turn. :lol:
It's definitely a race that would never happen in real life. I think prototypes racing on the Nordschleife would be more likely. This were any the any tarmac except Nurburgring Tourist is allowed holds true. Which I don't think the Tourist layout is available online. So that rule maybe unnecessary.

Anyways I'm still doing research on what this particular track is used for. Both Big Willow and The Streets of Willow Springs are used at lot for smaller series. Big Willow also hosts some historical events being that the main track has been open since November of 1953. Weirdly track has never had a big spotlight on. Nascar a couple of years in the 50s and Cart a few the 80s also a short gig.

Horse Thief is probably a kart track. Maybe you should make it a 1 make and we all use karts, I bet that might be a blast.
You would think but, I've yet to find kart in a any YouTube video for the Horse Thief Mile. I experiment with different types of cars in the past. And I determined that underpowered and kart don't race well here because of the steep hills. And cars with enough power to deal with the hills. Are too fast to race comfortably here. Which is why I say the track is either too small or too hilly for anything.

This was a track haven't checked off experience in a online race against humans. That was until exhibition race I hosted after our Nurburgring race. So that's why I added as my track vote from last season.

When I did testing before the beginning of the season. I was initially going to make this race a 1 class race only but, I discovered track raced better with both classes on track. Because the class interaction provided better passing opportunities for both classes that otherwise wouldn't exist.

Last edited:
Only 3 days left until our planned next race. Unfortunately the storms we are having today have damaged our spouting. Being this is a rental we are going to have to the landlord come out in the near future. We have not contacted him yet we don't when this may happen. So there is now a chance this race could be postponed. This race will not be just back I go a more realistic approach. So the race would be moved to the next available postponement date April 20th should postponement occur. This would move the round in between Tokyo and Autopolis. I'll confirm stuff when I can.

Postponement is not official yet. Assume we are racing this weekend until I confirm otherwise.

Last edited:
We also lost stuff of our porch. And since it was just recycling night. Our recycling cans were relocated to another street. I managed to find those.

Rain or snow? Lots of wind too?
A lot of rain and wind. Our cat old litter pan was on the porch to be cleaned when it got warmer. Why don't have a good place to clean it in the house. So I was going to clean it the garden hose. Well we don't know where it is anymore. Also with 2 of our 3 scoopers. Luckily my favorite one was is the one we still have.

A lot of rain and wind. Our cat old litter pan was on the porch to be cleaned when it got warmer. Why don't have a good place to clean it in the house. So I was going to clean it the garden hose. Well we don't know where it is anymore. Also with 2 of our 3 scoopers. Luckily my favorite one was is the one we still have.
We just had 30mph winds with gusts to 50mph and 6"-8" of snow. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

We just had 30mph winds with gusts to 50mph and 6"-8" of snow. Happy, happy, joy, joy.
Probably the same storm. Also everything moves East or North to use. We got like 2 inches of water from the sky and a lot wind. Some of our creeks and rivers are flooding. Our recycling cans were half a block down the street. Lucky we put our address on them. We searched the neighborhood for our cat litter pan and the 2 scoopers. We couldn't find them.

Hey guys to 2 days our next race at Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile. I plan and have setup this race to be extra lenient. For both corner penalties and contact. The track is short, narrow, and technical. I don't expect a race clean in this conditions. I won't lie this is going to be a long difficult hour. Most of us are very inexperienced at this race track. Especially against other human players. In a sport where experience is extremely valuable.

Advice from what I've learned over these past 2 weeks. In terms of driving patience and discipline will be the keys to this race. The patience to deal with traffic while hitting your marks and keeping your car on track. As for tuning maximize grip and remove as much understeer as you can. Especially at low speeds. You need your car to rotate well through the 5 hairpins. The kink at the beginning of course is also vital for lap times. Hope to see you soon.

Next Race

Race Details

Following Race

Race Details

Only about a day and a half until our next round at the Horse Thief Mile. I sometimes like to provide historical facts about some of the tracks. And while the facility has existed since when construction crew showed up in 1952 to start building Big Willow. Unfortunately there isn't much on the Horse Thief Mile itself. The track was added to the facility sometime in 2003. Besides that track is either used for track days and sometimes drifting. Going by what I've found on YouTube. So Saturday is a big day for the track. Hope your ready see you soon.

Is this race open to anyone? My buddy and I are looking to get into this if possible
Fallowing!
This is a league race. Lobby is friends only. Please send a friend request to me TheColdWarriors if you wish to enter. You may enter either class as a one-off or part-time. And you may still enter Gr.1 full-time this round but, will have to make every remaining round to keep full-time status. There is a points catch-up available to full-time drivers only. Gr3 is a race ahead due to scheduling and is already beyond halfway in the season. So full-time is no longer available for that class. Note this is a points race. Please respect those competing for points.

Remaining Races
4/6, 9. WSIR - Horse Thief Mile 1 Hrs
4/13, 10. Tokyo South Counterclockwise 235k
4/27, 11. Autopolis Full 180k
5/4, 12. High-Speed Ring 410k
5/18, 13. Blue Moon Oval 225 Miles (GR.1 Only)
6/8, 14. Le Mans Full 2 Hrs
6/22, 15. Watkins Glen Long 1 Hrs 30 Mins

Remaining Postponement Dates
4/20
6/1
6/27

Hey guys I'm opening in a few hours. We have some new players joining us. I may open early for those needing extra practice if life allows. Reminder blue flags are not enforce. Even between classes. It is the Gr.1 drivers responsibility to pass safely. You are asked to behave predictably dealing with the other class car. This will likely be easier said than done tonight. See you soon.

Latest Posts

Back