• Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: Germany > Volkswagen
  • Model: Golf V GTI '05
  • Laps: 2

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 197 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1336 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Sports Medium (S2's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• -1- Run 2 laps in Time Trial
  • -2- Exit the run a few seconds after starting the 3rd lap (Leave a little time so you can see the laptime when watching your replay
  • -3- Save your replay
  • -4- Watch your replay in replay theater and write down the splits from your fastest lap and final time from both laps. These can be found in the "Live Timing Monitor" screen
  • -5- Final time = lap 1 + lap 2
  • -6- Use your lap times from your right upper corner, best and last laptime.

• Your submitted time must be a combination of laps 1 and 2 of a run. You cannot use any laps from a longer run.
  • The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • All hard surfaces are track

Steward's Comments:
Our First multi lap event this week, on a course that's new to the WRS. The car is an easy drive on these tires, it should be really nice for learning the course. Consistency will be the key.

Viewing your T1, T2 & T3 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Replay' , not the 'Save Ghost Replay'.

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1, T2 and T3 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pa260023zi0.jpg

Save Replay icon

CircuitodeMadrid_10.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Slowest Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your slowest laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Your FASTEST lap time
  • Please post T1, T2 and T3 from your FASTEST Lap
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 3

CircuitodeMadrid_6.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 12 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Lap 1 Time + Lap 2 Time = Your Submitted time. Please submit the total time ONLY.
  • Please refer to this Time Calculator Website to properly add your two lap times together before submitting your time.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, May 9th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

CircuitodeMadrid_9.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Interesting combo this week.

So, if my two laps are like this:

Lap 1: 1.1.100
Lap 2: 2.2.200

Do I just submit the splits and laps from lap 1?

Interesting combo this week.

So, if my two laps are like this:

Lap 1: 1.1.100
Lap 2: 2.2.200

Do I just submit the splits and laps from lap 1?

What we share in here and what we submit are 2 different things. In here, splits and laptime from fastest lap.

Submission will be Total time from fastest run, the 2 laps added together.

I'll clarify the submission in the first post. I'll just steal from the qualifier thread. ;)

Interesting - lots of restarts and a lap on cold tyres and a lap on slightly-warm tyres.

I was initially confused, but now I've read the specifics I'm really looking forward to this one - I like this track and I love hot hatches cos you can thrash the nuts off 'em. Had no idea that there would be 2-lappers in the WRS! Nicely original 👍

Original indeed, looking forward to this one since the last two weeks weren't really my thing.

EDK
What we share in here and what we submit are 2 different things. In here, splits and laptime from fastest lap.

Submission will be Total time from fastest run, the 2 laps added together.

I'll clarify the submission in the first post. I'll just steal from the qualifier thread. ;)

:lol: Sorry I meant share here. I've got an idea now anyways.:)

Edit: After literally just two laps I will post some splits, then I will get some that probably aren't embarrassing.:lol:

Last edited:
Anything particular in formatting terms we need to do for Fetchy to update the wrs.gtplanet.net correctly?

And this is what I come back to after taking most of the last week off? Sweet!

Man I love turn 1. Middle sector is pretty good as well. Lots of time to be won or lost there.

I'm not sure if possible but I think the Split 3 Tab on the leaderboard should be removed. I think it will make more sense without it.

Those are some nice times Akmuq! I just ran a dozen laps to practice the track since I can't remember it and I wasn't even close to your best. 👍

Easiest thing to do is to just put your T3 time in from your fastest lap and the board will calculate the rest.

Interesting - lots of restarts and a lap on cold tyres and a lap on slightly-warm tyres.

I was initially confused, but now I've read the specifics I'm really looking forward to this one - I like this track and I love hot hatches cos you can thrash the nuts off 'em. Had no idea that there would be 2-lappers in the WRS! Nicely original

You can probably expect A-Spec events to be used at some point too, they were in GT5P WRS and would be useful for earning some dosh. *COUGH* HINT *COUGH*

I don't find cold tyres to be too bad in GT5, but it's going to be a tester with the longest event of the WRS so far.

I don't find cold tyres to be too bad in GT5, but it's going to be a tester with the longest event of the WRS so far.
Quite the opposite in fact - in most of the events so far, I've found the best grip on the 1st lap while the tyres are still showing cold. I'd be interested to see PD's tyre heating:grip calculation as it doesn't feel consistent.

Anyway, good luck all. I'll probably join in on Tuesday - still have work to do at Indy Street... and my new wheel arrives on Tuesday (all being well...) :)

Indeed, given how softer compounds last longer than the harder compounds, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the cold tyres effect is a) not there or b) supposed to be, but is negated through other issues with the tyre dynamics. My fastest lap for Week 11 is on lap 2 of a stint, lap 1 I'm normally just tootling any way to get the feel back.

Watcha getting? If it's the 27, it's utterly fantastic.

First splits:

T1: 27.575
T2: 33.177
T3: 41.300

(Best: 1:42.052)

<3 Street circuits - the golf just DANCES on those decent tyres too. I can already tell though that I am going to get very angry when I crash on the chicane at the end of lap 2 - already done it twice in 4 tries!

Bad last sector on my "slow" lap, but this is the first half decent attempt I've had.

I've defected from Logitech - gone for a Fanatec GT3 v2 this time. :sly:

I plan on getting a G27 this year - which means that the WRS organisers will need to create Division 74, just for me. The practice I've had with a wheel thus far in my life could be bettered by my own mother.

Last edited:
Wheel transition takes a while (heck, it took me about a month to get used to going from DFGT to G27), but it is worth it. The G27 is brilliant, and I've not even tried it on rFactor and the like yet.

Guys, again, I think the best thing is to just post T3 to create your fastest lap time. As that will work with how the board is set up atm.

Wheel transition takes a while (heck, it took me about a month to get used to going from DFGT to G27), but it is worth it. The G27 is brilliant, and I've not even tried it on rFactor and the like yet.

Guys, again, I think the best thing is to just post T3 to create your fastest lap time. As that will work with how the board is set up atm.

Fair point. Edited my post accordingly.

I've already had a little go at this and I like it, very good combo.👍

I should have wrote down my splits before I turned the PS3 off though, I would have been at the top of the board, when I get round to posting them tomorrow it'll be too late.:lol:

I love this. Even from an average driver it's great to watch the replay of the Golf getting right up to those walls. I'd love to see some Devision 1 replays at the end of the week.:drool:

The time(1:42.327)

(1:42.074)

Look at that T3.:D
Found out how to get through the chicane quickly.

Last edited:

(1:41.523)

Not a great T2 and have had faster laps, but these 2 laps cumulatively were the most consistent yet. It's really difficult to string nearly 3 and a half minutes of it together!

Good times Millross. I think you've found the right way through that chicane as well, and it's just the Div3 vs Div4 skill difference that's making you faster along the rest of the lap.

Anyone else want to join in? It's a really fun combo.:D

First couple of laps:
T1: 27.167
T2: 32.783
T3: 40.334

The name of the file in the replay theatre is the time from my best lap. Not the full time. Is that normal?

T1: 27.896
T2: 33.771
T3: 41.610

I love me some GTI! :sly: Feelin' pretty good about this one. I think I have quite a good chunk of time I can knock off. Haven't got a handle on turn 1 yet and I think I am braking too early for the chicane.

Gonna be a fun week! 👍

The name of the file in the replay theatre is the time from my best lap. Not the full time. Is that normal?

Yep. The entry shows the best lap time on any replay, whether it's a single lap or many laps.

Those are some pretty hot early splits too 👍

Yep. The entry shows the best lap time on any replay, whether it's a single lap or many laps.

The problem will be, not only putting together a string of back to back sectors BUT, doing it twice!

Dan is trying to push me over the edge with this one I think.
Stress and pressure, I LIKE IT!!
Looking forward to having a RED HOT CRACK at this one.

Cheers All !!!

Sweet! This is going to be fun.Week 11 is a no go for me with the psn down, I wasn't putting together right anyway. I'll be on this one as soon as the wife and kids are asleep.

Good Luck everybody!

Believe me guys who are just joining, this one is a cracker.

As for me, I'm just doing about 12 or so laps between every two lap run to experiment lines and get consistency. My fastest laptome overall was in a 2 lap run and it's the one on the board. I have Brake Balance at 0 and 10 at the moment.
The most important bit of the lap I think anyways is the middle sector. You have to keep it tight for the double apex turn 5 so you have the line for 6 which you have to keep reasonably tight to get a good exit of 7 and a fast turn 8 all the way down to the roundabout. Very crucial part of the lap and I just love it. :D

Oh never mind.........lol, Osama after shock...... ( what a great day )

Last edited:
Back