GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 25 : Why has it Denso Long?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 330 comments

EDK

WRS Admin
United States
Boise, ID
GTP_EDK
ps3logokl4.jpg

:: GTP_Weekly Race Series ::

gtpdk9.jpg

GT5 Week 25 : Why has it Denso Long?

granturismo5logok.jpg

Hotlap Event in GT Mode Practice

GrandValleySpeedway_3.jpg

Lexus DENSO Dunlop Sard SC430 (Super GT) '08

GrandValleySpeedway_4.jpg

Grand Valley Speedway

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

GrandValleySpeedway_2.jpg

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Grand Valley Speedway
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Lexus
  • Model: Denso Dunlop Sard SC430 (Super GT) '08
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 560 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change and Stage 3 Engine Tuning) - This number will go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight - 1100 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications : N/A
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger : Not Allowed (Verifiable on replay HUD)
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Optional - OK to alter individual gear ratios and final drive ratio
  • Aero: Up to Maximum Downforce is Allowed
  • Tire Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.

GrandValleySpeedway_1.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
  • Nothing Else is Track.
  • Concrete, Cobbles and other surfaces found outside of rumble strips are not part of the track.

Steward's Comments:
This is our first visit to the full track at Grand Valley in nearly 3 years. The Lexus brings plenty of grip, and the nice wide track keeps you out of trouble, even with the additional HP gained through the engine upgrade. Keep it smooth, and have fun. 👍

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

GrandValleySpeedway_5.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime
  • The Specific Car You are Using

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 25 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, August 8th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

GrandValleySpeedway_8.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Sorry for the delay in getting this one up guys. Hope it was worth the wait. ;)

Oooh I look forward to this. I hope I can control this car with the pad though. Love this track, used to hotlap it on GT3 A-Spec in the 787b many many many times.

Spent a heck of a lot of time here for an FF shootout recently. Hopefully what I learned will still apply to a JGTC car. I think I'll start with CSLs Bandai tune right off the bat. :D

EDIT: Quick 5 lap test before I set the Bobs to work on breaking it in...

Last edited:
Can't wait to start my first WRS event, love the car as well, hope I can get a respectable time 👍

I hope i can take officially part in this one because i think i'm very fast in this track and car.Very nice choice!

Allright!!! One of my favorite tracks 👍
Now let's see if I'm good enough on it to keep up with you guys :scared:

Aaah, Grand Valley Speedway, used to be my n°1 track in the GT series until the nordschleife showed up :bowdown:
Maybe I'll have a quick go, maybe

My first 5 laps, with the car not up to full hp yet

T1: 0'35.655
T2: 0'34.153

Last splits for a few days.
T1: 0'35.390
T2: 0'34.302

Great first. Crap middle.
T1: 0'35.025
T2: 0'34.267

T1: 0'35.063
T2: 0'34.050

T1: 0'35.077
T2: 0'34.010

Final splits:
T1: 0'35.041
T2: 0'33.935

Last edited:

557 bhp

TCS 1 ABS 1 aero max

Last edited:
I'm back after a couple weeks off. Nice combo.

After a dozen or so laps-

T1, 36.739
T2, 35.461

I like this track, some fast sweeping corners with just enough tight technical stuff.👍

I haven't drivin this car much, I like it, good balance and grip.

Rubbish T1, have had 35.7s and 35.8s and 35.9s. Ok otherwise.

No good all-round lap at all tonight after about an hour and a quarter of effort, some decent sector times (like T2 above) but always with a dreadful previous or next sector..... time to retire for the night and I'll pick it up another day and try again.

This track has the hardest third sector of any track, imho. I'm also struggling to control this car, hopefully someone will come up with a good setup!

Really frustrating first session :banghead: :confused:

Last edited:
Added full downforce, 10 more laps. Getting a little faster.

New splits-

T1, 36.351
T2, 35.099

Back from a nice holiday week with my family :D

Looking foward to try this combo after missed last one, the first in a long time, but not regretting a bit 👍

My god I love this track :D

Anyway this is what my first session gave me

In fear :scared: of making you guys better I used this setup
RVR Tuning Garage

This one looks so cool to me. I use to love running the old Denso Sard in GT3 and GT4 around this track.

I really look forward to having a great reason to drive this car in GT5. I just bought it about 2 weeks ago and ran it at the Nurburgring GP course a little bit in the seasonal event Super GT races to win some racing suits.👍

Seems I wasn't ambitious enough in my goal setting as I have passed it in about 25 laps. :crazy: So now I go for another 5 seconds, which should be pretty easy if I can get that tail under control. Still running on CSL's tune with max downforce. I'm going to try a couple others or maybe just tweak the LSD for the DS3 and see where it gets me. Looks like this week will be more work than last. :D

I heartily endorse this product and/or service.

Actually, I'm really, really hoping to get time to run this one properly, but submitting or not, I'll be trying it out some for the edumacation (as always). Thanks, Kev and team!

Latest Posts

Back