Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: World > Spa Francorchamps
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Nissan
  • Model: GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport '11
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 771 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change Modifications Shown Below) - This number will go up with Engine Break In. This was Power at about 100 Miles of Running. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight - 1505 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine Modifications : Stage 3 Engine Tuning Allowed
  • Intake and Exhaust Modifications : Not Allowed. Racing Exhaust Verifiable by Car Sound. No other mods available.
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger : Stage 3 Turbo Allowed
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission:Not Allowed - Verifiable by Car Sound
  • Aero: Up to Maximum Downforce is Allowed
  • Tire Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_4.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
  • Nothing Else is Track.
  • Green Painted Tarmac and Tarmac Beyond White Track Boundary Lines are Not track.

Steward's Comments:
I can't think of a better use for my 4000th post! We finally get to run the great Spa Francorchamps this week. Credit for this week's theme goes to GTP_Gravitron. If you don't get it, the car was the one Kaz drove at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring. And the pun is based on this song by The Clash. :D

Even with all this power and Racing Hards, this car is a forgiving drive around here with the all wheel drive and some great brakes. A little bit different than most tuning weeks. Be sure and pay attention to the instructions - No Race Exhaust or Race Transmission. And Have Fun. 👍

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_6.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime
  • The Specific Car You are Using

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 38 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, November 7th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice combo 👍

But is there a specific reason why the transmission is not allowed?

Nice combo 👍

But is there a specific reason why the transmission is not allowed?

I know you asked this in the background forum, but legitimate question someone would have asked anyhow.

Just steward preference, and trying to take a tuning variable out of the equation. The stock transmission is basically a fully customizable with stock settings and without the annoying whine.

KazSpa! Nice! I just turned my ps off, pissed at the 500, now I'm turning it back on as I type this! Good Luck everybody.

Excellent choice for this week, Kevin 👍 That Schulze car is quite something, and Spa is now already a great classic in GT together with the Nordschleife and Le Mans.

An excellent way to get to know the new track in the game :D

Nice, Kev. 👍 Here's hoping for a great turn-out this week. :cheers:
Did a few laps so far, and loved it! :D

10 Laps

1'04.726

Sweet car and the track is looking great. Took me a few laps to realise I'm not in an F1 car and can't do 1 min 40 laps but after that it was good. :-D

Eau rouge you don't need to brake but blanchimont I had to change up and bounce the limiter to get through

1'03.885

Almost binned it by trying to nail blanchimont.

Last edited:
Great combo Kev.👍

First dozen laps, still braking a tad for Eau Rouge.

T1, 36.017
T2, 1'04.357

Did a few laps after breakfast, thought I'd post some early splits for a change. :) Love the track but I think I preferred the stock car, Eau Rouge was so much simpler with 490 HP :sly:

Lot's of time to gain in T2 for sure, hesitated in almost every corner.

1'03.712

Nice time Jonas.

Im quite happy to only be six tenths off. Must be getting better :-D

More laps and setup tweaking, better T1. Still slow in T2.

T1, 35.500
T2, 1'04.392

Thanks Matt. I think this week will be one of those where you can just keep finding tenth after tenth the more you drive. I've already surprised myself several times in just over 100km how fast you can exit some corners.

1'03.246

You must be flat through Eau Rouge, given that the first turn is so straight forward - I was running with 5 clicks off max downforce thinking that Spa is a "power track", but perhaps it pays to have it on max

Any setup tips? Used 2.0/1.3 and 0/0 toe and everything else stock, but I changed to 10/15/10 on both LSD settings

Using 880 degrees rotation and 10 LIN, this car seems to wobble a bit and that seemed to help, never use it normally.

Pouhon is key to T2 I think

Yea that was flat out with max DF. I'm not one to ask for setup tips though, all I've done so far is the same as you - opened the LSD and removed the rear toe. I'm just going to keep the rest stock for now and let someone else figure out the tuning. :)

Better through both first splits. Still not going flat through Eau Rouge yet.

T1, 35.059
T2, 1'03.850

I have a question about the left hand bend exiting Eau Rouge. The answer might be obvious, but I'm not clear on the issue. When you have any tire inside the rubble strips at this corner you receive a red lap time for that lap.
The WRS rules generally allow for two wheels inside this rubble strip. In this instance, do the game rules over ride the WRS guidelines?

The splits I've posted have been clean laps (no wheels inside the rubble strip at that point).

In your case, the game will force an overrule to WRS rules, as you will not be able to 'Save best lap' a red-clocked lap, therefore you can't save a replay of that lap so it's obviously not submittable.

I was surprised at how ruthless they've been through Raidillon for that, but it is a GOOD thing and something they should do more of.

The absolute key is to be as far left as you can get at the point of Eau rouge - the subsequent right/left is actually Raidillon technically, but you can't avoid red clocking if you get the positioning wrong.

Nice splits. I need to run this again later :)

In your case, the game will force an overrule to WRS rules, as you will not be able to 'Save best lap' a red-clocked lap, therefore you can't save a replay of that lap so it's obviously not submittable.

I was surprised at how ruthless they've been through Raidillon for that, but it is a GOOD thing and something they should do more of.

The absolute key is to be as far left as you can get at the point of Eau rouge - the subsequent right/left is actually Raidillon technically, but you can't avoid red clocking if you get the positioning wrong.

Nice splits. I need to run this again later :)

Thanks for the info and compliments.

I had never tried saving a red lap before. Makes sense.

A bit off topic, how do you like your CSR wheel, I have a GT2.

Well, looks like I'm not going to get a chance to run this. Qantas have grounded all their flights globally, so as of Tuesday evening I'll be stuck in LA Airport with two small kids...fun!

A bit off topic, how do you like your CSR wheel, I have a GT2.

I love it - the wireless operation on the 360 is noisy though, which apparently is a weird whine that the FF motors make, it's also got a few bugs with Forza4 which are annoying but once a few patches or updates come out it'll rock.

With GT5, the only annoyance is no wireless, no direct support (I can't really alter button mappings - or at least, I don't know how to) and the fact Fanatec supply a stupidly short cable so you have to sit quite close - as well as provide a trip wire for your entire family to navigate.

Other than that, it's fantastic. I can drive without any assists and tbh it's quite hard to lose it now unless I hit grass, with GT5 - Forza is a lot harder but that's another story.

I've already tried to break it my smacking it into a door frame - I have it clamped to an old laptop desk, which I attempted to pick up and move back to where my Xbox is and duly smashed the top of the wheel onto the doorframe, I think I loosened the clamp slightly but appear not to have damaged anything, which is handy really.

Standard pedals are doing ok for now - ordering CSR Elite pedals in around a month's time.

Not tried it with PC but it works pretty well on both consoles.

Fully recommend it for GT5, works brilliantly despite no direct in-game support for the exact wheel.

Well, looks like I'm not going to get a chance to run this. Qantas have grounded all their flights globally, so as of Tuesday evening I'll be stuck in LA Airport with two small kids...fun!

Unbelievable - saw this on the news. Hope you get home soon - don't Qantas know about WRS?

Unbelievable - saw this on the news. Hope you get home soon - don't Qantas know about WRS?

I think they do, that's why they're all having the week off...

Anyone know a good hotel in LA that is good for kids and near entertainment and amenities?

I love it - the wireless operation on the 360 is noisy though, which apparently is a weird whine that the FF motors make, it's also got a few bugs with Forza4 which are annoying but once a few patches or updates come out it'll rock.

With GT5, the only annoyance is no wireless, no direct support (I can't really alter button mappings - or at least, I don't know how to) and the fact Fanatec supply a stupidly short cable so you have to sit quite close - as well as provide a trip wire for your entire family to navigate.

Other than that, it's fantastic. I can drive without any assists and tbh it's quite hard to lose it now unless I hit grass, with GT5 - Forza is a lot harder but that's another story.

I've already tried to break it my smacking it into a door frame - I have it clamped to an old laptop desk, which I attempted to pick up and move back to where my Xbox is and duly smashed the top of the wheel onto the doorframe, I think I loosened the clamp slightly but appear not to have damaged anything, which is handy really.

Standard pedals are doing ok for now - ordering CSR Elite pedals in around a month's time.

Not tried it with PC but it works pretty well on both consoles.

Fully recommend it for GT5, works brilliantly despite no direct in-game support for the exact wheel.

I can program buttons on the GT2 using the "Driving Force Pro" menu.
Not sure it works for the CSR though.

If you can find a USB extension cable that might resolve you short cable problem.

I believe the CSR elite pedals use the load cell brake. You'll love that.

Forza 4 does have the Fanatec wheel bug, never should of happened. Not playing it until they fix the problem.

GT2 works great on all my PC games.

How much hp does anyone have after breaking in? I'm at 801 hp, just to make sure.
Fitted all the parts allowed at least I think since my stock 0 km was around 754 hp.

I'm at 784hp with about 140 miles on the car.

Guess I'll let Racer Bob do some laps. 17hp more should help.👍

Last edited:
Anyone know a good hotel in LA that is good for kids and near entertainment and amenities?

More importantly, a hotel with rentable PS3 and G27? 💡 That's a real crapper Jon, I'm sorry mate. This week of all weeks. :grumpy:

@Matt -

I can program buttons on the GT2 using the "Driving Force Pro" menu.

Me too (GT3 RS) 👍

If you can find a USB extension cable that might resolve you short cable problem.
Or just a longer cable - Fanatec cable is the same as any USB printer cable.

I believe the CSR elite pedals use the load cell brake. You'll love that.
Amazing feature, along with the reassuring ABS vibration - my braking has been much more precise since getting the Clubport pedals, which the CSR pedals seem very similar to.

GT2 works great on all my PC games.
👍

Spa? I'm in !
Been too long not participating in the WRS

Good one, nice to see you around :cheers: Your arty photos are always a nice addition too. :)

Did a few laps after breakfast, thought I'd post some early splits for a change. :) Love the track but I think I preferred the stock car, Eau Rouge was so much simpler with 490 HP :sly:

Ain't that the truth - this is a very different beast with the tuning and turbo... :crazy:

I think this week will be one of those where you can just keep finding tenth after tenth the more you drive. I've already surprised myself several times in just over 100km how fast you can exit some corners.

1'03.246

Nice splits Jonas 👍 Big rewards for cojones at Spa. Pouhon is quite tough in this tank - going to have to dial out some understeer I think.

I'm still on stock setup aside from max downforce and a looser diff. Engine at 771 still so I'd better get some miles on it....

Got this so far:

1'02.951

Spa is awesome. I hope anyone who hasn't run it before enjoys this week. :cheers:

Probably won't be able to compete this week as I don't have the DLC and I'm not sure if I will have it by the end of the week.

Completely lost time with last week's combo since I got sidetracked by Battlefield 3.

Total crap, sorry about that. :ouch:

I think they do, that's why they're all having the week off...

You could always go stay in Anaheim near Disneyland. They have some great (but spendy) hotels right on site (Grand Californian is amazing), or there are several more reasonable but less luxiurious options nearby. Would give you links, but this is from Android.

:lol: at Quantas trying to keep you out of this WRS. :P

Back