• Track: City > Rome Reverse
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: JP > Suzuki
  • Model: SX4 WRC '08

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 319 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1230 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • All Surfaces are Track, just stay off the walls

Steward's Comments:
Rome is really tricky in reverse, but the extra grip from AWD and race tires helps get the car around here.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Rome_3-1.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Rome_5-1.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 39 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, November 14th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Rome_4-1.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Sweet :)

I just hope the ghost of GT Academy will be busy and the evil bulge before the uphill won't be a problem.... Gerrrr

Last edited:
Sweet :)

I just hope the ghost of GT Academy will be busy and the evil bulge before the uphill won't be a problem.... Gerrrr

Yeah, I know that one well. My first trip through there was clean and quick. R1's and AWD make it manageable. 👍

I guess I'll start things off. Took ten laps without hitting the guard rail at the tricky left up the hill. After a couple dozen laps -

T1, 24.702
T2, 23.553

T1: 0'24.510
T2: 0'22.824

T1: 0'24.398
T2: 0'22.599

Phillip.

Last edited:
First splits hopefully get more time this week to have a good go at it.

Last edited:
Hay everyone :) My dad fixed our old fatty PS3 and gave it to me :) He is going to build another driving rig so I can have the old one... Weee, Now if Santa can bring me a wheel we can race against each other, so I thought I would dice him in a game of bottle caps and after about four back and forths I got the best of him with this :lol:

T1: 24.634
T2: 22.932

First little crack at this one.
Nice combo Kevin. I can already see us all together here next week in the 3D3 race. 👍

Now back to Spa to hunt for that .1 :rolleyes:

Nice opener Thomas 👍

Needed a break from Spa but not finding this a relaxing holiday :dopey:

First 20 laps. Centre diff 40/60, brakes 5/7 ABS 1

Very messy so far... running in reverse is hard and something about the lighting on the back straight makes my eyes go funny... :crazy: ...resulting in many a missed braking point.

Here is my first effort after Little showed me the way around the track :dunce:

T1: 24.884
T2: 22.277

Man I just can't get goin in T1 :banghead:

Last edited:
First go, with the DS3 (looking forward to trying with the wheel later):

T1: 24.359
T2: 22.347

Kevin no splits leaderboard is being shown and the end of the OP in the submission section says week 34 and has the wrong deadline date. Also says we can discuss T3 times.

Looks challenging to get back into WRS on this one.

Rome reverse, did not run that a lot from what I remember.
4WD no clue how to make this go fast.
Still quite busy this week.

==================================================

Some issues with the rules:
# The deadline is Monday, October 10th 11:59pm GMT # You must complete your lap and save your replay BEFORE downloading the Spec II Update, which is to become available on Tuesday the 11th.

everybody seems to be posting 2 splits, but the rules state 3 are allowed?

Last edited:
Looks challenging to get back into WRS on this one.

Rome reverse, did not run that a lot from what I remember.
4WD no clue how to make this go fast.
Still quite busy this week.

==================================================

Some issues with the rules:

everybody seems to be posting 2 splits, but the rules state 3 are allowed?

Vince think you'll find 3rd is at the start finish line.

Miss print.

Phillip.

Yeah, really messy copy past error, sorry about that. Have had guests for the weekend, so not much time to work on this.

2 splits is correct. I fixed all of the references to more splits, and corrected the submission/deadline issues.

Let me know if I missed anything..........

EDK
Yeah, really messy copy past error, sorry about that. Have had guests for the weekend, so not much time to work on this.

2 splits is correct. I fixed all of the references to more splits, and corrected the submission/deadline issues.

Let me know if I missed anything..........

No issue, indeed just was pointing it out, when I read 10 October on my print I came back to see if I was not preparing for an old race.

First run

Need to find a better way to take the last corner of T2.

Its been a while but I thought I would give this combo a go. Slugish at first but starting to find my line.

Look forward to racing all of you. Especially BloodiMayhem now that we both have wheels :)

Thought i'd give this a go! I've been very busy so I haven't had much time to play lately.
Great combo btw.

First splits:

T1: 24.740
T2: 22.288

Second session:

T1: 24.632
T2: 22.226

Last edited:
Took quite a few laps to figure out the kink, after switching to my DFGT, but finally got it. Now to remedy the lame T3 that followed. :ill:

Latest Posts

Back