• Track: Original > Cape Ring
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: JP > Nissan
  • Model: Calsonic Impul GT-R '08

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 493 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1100 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Racing Soft (R3's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Painted Tarmac Outside of White Boundary Lines is not track. This includes the painted section of the loop corner, the Blue "cutout" on the left of the start finish straight, and the red cutout at trackside left after the long, looping right hand corner.

Steward's Comments:
Full Cape Ring for the first time in WRS. I know we've used this car before, but the Super GT car is a great fit here, and I did not want tuning in the mix.

Viewing your T1, T2 & T3 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

CapeRing_2.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

CapeRing_3.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1, T2 and T3 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 3

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 41 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, November 28th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

CapeRing_4.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Cool :) just when I throw the towel in on Laguna and Kevin can now think only about his adventure at Laguna 👍 All the best luck tomorrow. I needed a new adventure weeee :) At least this was one of the tracks I had a good experience w/ in the Academy challenge, I hope it showzzz........... Gerrrrrrr

My first showzzz :)

T1: 43.109
T2: 32.110
T3: 48.190

Last edited:
Nice one Kevin. 👍
This is going to be a tough one. :scared:
Good thing it's an arcade one. Otherwise it would've been tuning for a whole week :lol:

Is that 4 laps Kevin?:sly:
Nice combo.👍

Oh my gawddddddddd.
GT500!! R3!! Arcade!!

Exams end in 3 days, I'll be abusing this, starting from wednesday. 👍

:sly: Same here buddy, my exams end on friday but will try this one tomorrow LOL

what a way to return , after a long wait :)

Good luck 👍

First 10 laps

Terrible sector 3.

Edit

22 laps down. Not too bad, bit rough round the edges. I don't get that triple/quadruple right hander in sector 3, think im losing a lot there.

Last edited:
Sweet T3 Lefty.... I guess you worked out that quad right-hander ;)

Thankz :) I just try to make it one big sweeper and leave a little wig in it so I can wag through the zig zag at the exit. In the Academy challange we were able to mow the lawn at pit exit and that really set up the left hand 180 but w/ the extra traction of the R3z the grass is safe this time :lol:

------------------------------------ a little more speed in T3 ----------------------

I just knocked out a 46.775 but my showz and OT were were off by a tenth :(

Last edited:
OH YEAH!!
Love the combo, nice work Kev.
No tuning required, just drive, my kind of combo.
As per normal I will camp out at the bottom of the leaderboard to start with and slowly stalk the D4 guys!

Cheers All !!!

I got a new wheel recently to replace my old one that eventually started smoking so i will be rejoining this week seeing that the combo is interesting. I know the car but i don't know the track at all so its a good opportunity to learn it. Nice to see we don't have to work on setups too but i fear it might become a bit of an understeer party with r3's..We'll see.

T1: 43.789
T2: 32.158
T3: 50.631

A very very ugly start to the week.
BUT, a start none the less, lots of time to be made up, clean lines would be a good start to better times!
Cheers All !!!

Did 3 laps on the go,

Great combo 👍, and no need to tune anything, I really suck at tuning...

Last edited:
Love the combo. Nice way to learn a track that I haven't driven before.
First splits for the week

Improved times:
42.394 42.228 41.948
31.871 31.549 31.723
48.126 47.671 47.692

Last edited:
I clearly have lots of work to do on this course! I will enjoy every moment of it!

My first try...
T1 44.871
T2 32.859
T3 49.281

2nd try!
T1 42.859
T2 32.069
T3 48.257

3rd try that's enough for the night!
T1 42.760
T2 31.800
T3 47.795