• Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: France > Renault Sport
  • Model: Megane '08
  • Laps: 3

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 220 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1400 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Sports Soft (S3's) Front, Sports Hard (S1's) Rear
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_3.jpg

Race Specifics:

• -1- Run 3 laps in Time Trial
  • -2- Exit the run a few seconds after starting the 4th lap (Leave a little time so you can see the laptime when watching your replay
  • -3- Save your replay (Full Replay, not ghost replay)
  • -4- Watch your replay in replay theater and write down the splits from your fastest lap and final time from both laps. These can be found in the "Live Timing Monitor" screen
  • -5- Final time = lap 1 + lap 2 + lap 3
  • -6- Use your lap times from your right upper corner, best and last laptime.

• Your submitted time must be a combination of laps 1, 2 and 3 of a run. You cannot use any laps from a longer run.
  • The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
  • No other surfaces are track

Steward's Comments:
Back to a multi lap event in an FF car this week. It's an easy drive around here, and the laps are about 1 minute each. It's all about consistency.

Viewing your T1, T2 & T3 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Replay' , not the 'Save Ghost Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1, T2 and T3 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pa260023zi0.jpg

Save Replay icon

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_6.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_7.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Time or Time from Slower Laps in your run
  • Any information which can be used to infer your Total Time or Time from Slower Laps in your run

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Your FASTEST lap time
  • Please post T1, T2 and T3 from your FASTEST Lap
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 3

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 44 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Lap 1 Time + Lap 2 Time + Lap 3 Time = Your Submitted time. Please submit the total time ONLY.
  • Please refer to this Time Calculator Website to properly add your lap times together before submitting your time.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, December 19th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_1.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Having problems with internet or Photobucket right now, maybe both. :grumpy:

I'll have pics added to the first post as soon as this crap starts working again.

Now this is scary - I was thinking (roaming the archive) about the next event and I had a feeling that a 3 lapper will be up for this week. 6th sense, eh?

I won't miss this one that's for sure. :)

This is pure awesomeness. Thanks Kevin.:)

Now this will be a challenge I find it hard enough to do 1 clean lap let alone 3 in a row. Will definitely have a crack though.:scared:

mcfizzle
Sweet, good combo to get used to the new wheel.

Did your wife give you permission to open the box before xmas? Or did you sneak down in the middle of the night and set it up? :lol: anxious to see what you think of the T500.

This is pure awesomeness. Thanks Kevin.:)

:eek: might as well just give you the trophey Wes :lol:

So week 43 done? I'm confused :banghead::ill:

No - week 43 deadline is Monday midnight GMT, but traditionally there is an overlap with the following weeks event. I typically wait until I am happy with week X before I move onto week Y as it takes too long to adjust going back and forth between different events, especially if there is a difference in tyre type (which there normally is)

:cheers:

Last edited:
Are we posting splits from our fastest lap? Not quite sure how this works.

This is fun, a nice controlled rear end slide in a FF car.:)

Did your wife give you permission to open the box before xmas? Or did you sneak down in the middle of the night and set it up? :lol: anxious to see what you think of the T500.

Lol, no. We celebrated our personal Christmas this weekend as we will be traveling and spending time with family the next couple weekends. She also got me a Playseat GT but that hasn't arrived yet. I think she grew tired of me talking about all this equipment I would love and she bought it all now so I will shut up.:sly:

I only have about 30 mins with it so far. I'm really impressed by the wheel. The FFB is so smooth and I like the size of the rim. I put the pedals in GT mode and liked how that felt. Not sure if I like the feel of the brake mod for this or my NIXIM modded G27 brake more but both are pretty good. I really like the customization of the pedals though. So far a big thumbs up.👍

Thanks Carlos, missed that line.:dunce:

Early splits.

T1, 22.033
T2, 18.092
T3, 18.500

Last edited:
Looking forward to this, Kev. 👍 The other multi-lap weeks REALLLY sucked me in.
But I think I want to spend some more time in Madrid first. :mischievous:

Strange tyre choice Kev... but it seems to work. Handling reminds me of a ford transit van I used to do courier work in but faster obviously. (Not by much though :sly:)

Did 2 quick 3 lap runs just to take a break from banging my head in Madrid

I think the aim is to take the whole lap pretty much flat out. I used the brakes once I think.... but too much lifting off :P

Great to see you back in here. 👍

Pics on the way, internet upload decided to come back while I was giving the Challenger a bath. Now my toes are cold, it's sunnyish, but in the low 50's (F) here in NorCal today.

Chris, this car is an understeery pig in stock form with same compound on both ends. I wanted to go with sport tires, this is my user friendly car setup week. And if you try driving it with same compound on both ends, you'll see why I chose this setup.

I always like the multi lap combos.
They give a bit of mystery for fastest lap V's 3 linked laps = things on the leaderboard are not always what they seem come submission time!!!
I'll definately be having a go at this one.
1st priority . . . . bank 3 clean laps i am semi happy with and improve from there.

Nice combo once again Kev, love your work!!!

Cheers All !!!

EDK
Chris, this car is an understeery pig in stock form with same compound on both ends. I wanted to go with sport tires, this is my user friendly car setup week. And if you try driving it with same compound on both ends, you'll see why I chose this setup.

Yeah just did that.... ugh :yuck: Nice tyre choice Kev 👍 :sly:

Edit - another couple of runs before bed:

Great fun actually, like a big go kart. :)

Last edited:
Great combo Kev 👍

First splits

T1: 21.684
T2: 17.435
T3: 18.467

T1: 21.533
T2: 17.525
T3: 18.359

Last edited:
EDK
Great to see you back in here. 👍

Pics on the way, internet upload decided to come back while I was giving the Challenger a bath. Now my toes are cold, it's sunnyish, but in the low 50's (F) here in NorCal today.

Thanks Kev,

Not much racing time these days. I do however look at the WRS forum every week to see what's going on. It's great to see things are going well for all the admin & drivers. I may only have this evening this week to race, but I am glad I'm spending doing a WRS event. Cheers to all!

Jeremie

First Splits:

T1: 22.083
T2: 17.616
T3: 18.484

A lot of fun. The combo is truly all about momentum.:scared: One little mistake and the lap is shot. The area I seem to struggle with the most is the final two right handers. I just can't seem to get it consistantly costing myself some speed down the straight.
Edit: looking at the splits it seems turn 1 is more my problem area. I think I am just too conservative through there. Ahh well, time tomorrow to figure it out.

T1: 21.814
T2: 17.527
T3: 18.643

Last edited:
A little more relaxing, first easy clean run.

I can see where improvement is possible.

Latest splits, better thru the esses.

T1, 21.759
T2, 17.658
T3, 18.528

I am looking forward to running this after work. I kind a like the car but love the track! And the east segment is my favorite paert too though I usually play the full track. I grew up off a road loades with S bends.

Back