• Model: Elise '96 Race Modified
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Course Settings:

• Practice Mode
  • Suzuka Circuit/Weather Change
  • Surface Water at Race Start - 100%
  • Weather at Race Start - 100%
  • Weather Changeability - 0
  • Your replay must show 100% surface water at all times. If your replay shows less than 100% surface water at any time, your lap will be DQ'd.

Vehicle Specifics:

• Race Modification - Add Race Modification to the Car in GT Auto
  • Power: 201 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change) - This number may go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight - 645 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine Modifications : N/A
  • Intake and Exhaust Modifications : All (Including Stage 3 Engine Power Upgrade)
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger : Not Allowed. Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD.
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Any
  • Aero: Up to Maximum Downforce is Allowed
  • Tire Type: Racing Rain (Name in Driving Options Screen)/Racing Wet (Name in Tuning Screen). You must buy one of the dry racing compounds for the car in order for the Wet racing tires to be made available.
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
  • Nothing Else is Track
  • Green surfaces next to rumble strips are not track

Steward's Comments:
This is a nice little drive in the rain here. The car is really light, and the MR power train makes it just a little bit tricky. Enjoy. 👍

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SuzukaCircuit_2-1.jpg

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

SuzukaCircuit-1.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 51 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, February 6th 2012 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

SuzukaCircuit_9.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Oh yeah!!! 👍
Let's see what I'm worth in the rain...:scared::lol:

Edit:
Nice frontpage news post Kevin!

Lightweight MR in the rain at Suzuka.

Can't wait.

I've had enough of the current combo. Something about AWD that doesn't work with me.

I've been away from GT5 and the WRS for a while, I might give this a go, it sounds fun 👍

Awesome track + awesome car + rain = awesome combo.:)

Great choice Kevin, can't wait to try this one out.👍

Sweet - nice one Kev!

I've never been a huge fan of weather alteration, but the Nurburgring event in the '54 Merc changed my mind a bit so I will give this a go. Feels like it'll be a tough to one to master - This was a 2:15 lap in the Suzuki several months back, so there's a lot of track to mess up on with the wet conditions! Will give it a go if the tennis ever finishes :)

Wow, my nerves are frasiled already after only 20 laps.:scared:

This is going to be a bit more tricky than I thought. Throttle off oversteer is even more an issue in the rain.

Guess I'll start things off-

T1, 1'03.205
T2, 51.822

1'01.526

10 laps, 8 dirty, 5 spins, 2 clean laps - this was the best!

Quite hard to attack, the curbs spit you off quite easily....

Full DF, 2.4/1.7 camber, 10/25/10 LSD, strong Active steering, no TCS/ASM, ABS 7, BB 6/6

Gearbox is all wrong, I set it to something like 171mph top speed, which is too much. Will wait and see what people come up with :)

What about the setting "Grip reduction on wet track"? Is it allowed to use low or do we have to use real.

viper84
What about the setting "Grip reduction on wet track"? Is it allowed to use low or do we have to use real.

Use low.

w-g-e
That's a shame, ah well... It's hard enough I guess.

I don't believe that's a setting you can see on replay so couldn't enforce it.

Online version will use real of course. :scared:

Let's see, brake balance 8/2, ABS 2, LSD 5 20 19 a tame suspension setup with dampers and anti-roll bars all at 1 1, camber 2.9 and 2.7 and 0.05 rear toe.

1:02.150

Sector 3, while only small, will influence the overall time hugely, 130R is hard to get right, and the chicane is very easy to get huge oversteer out of.

Just had a quick go at this one to get the feel of it, very tricky combo i might add, great fun though 👍

initial splits

Last edited:
The Elise is already a movable when pushed to the limit, let alone the track will be 100% wet plus Suzuka is pretty long for such a car . I'm already thinking of the frustrations caused by pushing on the 130R:scared:, or the under-over steer fighting on spoon entry:drool:, or finding a good flow around the esses:nervous: .

Really i'm very much looking forward to it!:dopey: nice Combo kev!👍

The addiction level of last week was bad enough, this looks catastrophic.

Favorite car and excellent track. So much for having a life.

Had a go at it, and it's quite addicting! I'll be getting my new DFGT in the mail later in the week though, so it'll be... interesting to see how I fare here with it. :scared:

1'01.466

I've found a sweet spot in the Spoons and esses, but the hairpin and my Degner exit are driving me nuts. Add in T3 and a science project, and it's going to be a busy week. :ill:

Do we use Racing: Wet or Inters? Or either? I assume wet.

E: How do I even change to wet tyres :dunce: It wont let me select any.

Do we use Racing: Wet or Inters? Or either? I assume wet.

E: How do I even change to wet tyres :dunce: It wont let me select any.

says wet in the op

All I see is "Racing rain".

Are you at the right track, in the right car?

You should be able to select the tires in the "Driving Options" screen.

And they are not called "Wet" on my game, the actual name is "Racing:Rain".

It might be that you actually have to buy the rain tires, but I did not think that was the case.

Edit: I see PD decided to name the tires something different in the tuning screens. :rolleyes:

I'll update the first post to add the terminology "Racing:Wet".

I'm on the right track, set all the options correctly, right car. I can only select the default comfort soft tyres. So I went to buy the rains but there isn't an option to buy them for me :nervous:

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

E: So I have to buy the racing hards first, makes sense I guess. Panic over.

My first thought was "Looks like fun"

My second was, "Oh crap, the 3D3 race is going to be mental" :P

First go, about 10 laps, little setup work - Matt's LSD, suspension stock except 1.5/1.0 camber. 0.00/0.00 toe, max downforce, BB 4/4 ABS 10

1'00.849

Probably lots of time to find with a proper setup. Great fun but kind of a shame about the Grip Reduction setting - there's a little too much grip with Low. Still be a great week though.

3D3.... :scared:

Back