Rome_8-1.jpg

Rome

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Rome_5-2.jpg

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: City > Rome
  • Car Type: Standard (Available in OCD. If needed, it can be gifted.)
  • Make: Italy > Alfa Romeo
  • Model: Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 192 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change and Listed Power Upgrades). Make sure you change the oil and keep it changed to achieve this power.
  • Weight - 675 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications : All Allowed
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger : Not Allowed. Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD.
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Drivetrain Modifications (LSD, Clutch, Driveshaft) : All Allowed
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Any
  • Aero: Not Allowed. Rear wing available in GT Auto, but can be visually verified. Anyone using a wing will be DQ'd.
  • Tire Type: Comfort Soft (N3's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • All surfaces are track
  • No Contact with walls. Any contact will walls, or invisible walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.

Steward's Comments:
This is a great old car and still a nice drive maxed out. The N3's make it a little tricky, the car likes to drift in places. I'm sure a good tune will bring it in line. Have fun!

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Rome_6-2.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Rome-3.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 58 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, March 26th 2012 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Rome_3-2.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Cool, Love the car and track 👍

T1: 29.918
T2: 27.078

First toe in the water...... GL everyone :)

Last edited:
Sounds crazy fun and not to mention this is one of my favorite Alfas :D.

Rome reverse would have been a deal breaker for me.

I've used it one time, and I probably won't ever go back there. The left hand kink leading to the uphill is just too much of a make or break corner.

Yes, I have the same GTAcademy nightmares. :scared:

I love it. When I saw the OCD filled with Alfas I thought, "Here's a chance to use the old Alfas." I was trying to guess which one might get used. I thought the '66 Duetto Spider would see action at "Monte Carlo", with the title being, "Boat-tail on the Harbor". All things considered I like the GTA Sprint a little better.

btcanon
Can only get 186HP, all mods and an oil change.

How many miles? :)

Since I believe all OCD were 0 miles a drive in may be needed ;)

Man what a difference from the Mustang. This thing is so lightly hooked up and a total rubber band powerd momentum run :lol:

Can only get 186HP, all mods and an oil change.

How many miles? :)

Since I believe all OCD were 0 miles a drive in may be needed ;)

Cars bought from the OCD don't need to be broken in, however standard cars won by gift tickets need to be broken in. In this case you probably won the car by completing the A-Spec Amateur event Festival Italia.

Yup, that's it...won it. Wondered when I went to the OCD and it said I already had it. Bob is hard at work now.

This looks like a fun week. Will give it a try this evening.

Im wandering if a similar tune to the racing alfa used a while ago will work? Maybe with slightly stiffer springs.

Great combo to have a break from the 908 with, although I seem more interested in how many corners I can drift than how fast I can go :D. However I did manage to control myself for one lap :dopey: and here's the splits.

Slippery, but great fun. Changing gear about 7000 rpm seems to be faster.

T1: 30.194
T2: 27.137

This looks like a fun week. Will give it a try this evening.

Im wandering if a similar tune to the racing alfa used a while ago will work? Maybe with slightly stiffer springs.

Tried to stiffen the springs...Like driving on greased marbles. No turning and very little forward motion.👍

Still down on HP

Make sure you've done the engine tuning (Stage 3), ECU and all the intake and the exhaust parts.
If you're still missing horses after all that, then you must have a non-OCD car and the engine will need breaking in. Probably easier to simply buy a new one.

Still down one HP

Make sure you've done the engine tuning (Stage 3), ECU and all the intake and the exhaust parts.
If you're still missing horses after all that, then you must have a non-OCD car and the engine will need breaking in. Probably easier to simply buy a new one.

Yeah, it was a won car, but I put on a big turbo and had bob run it in for me. And yes I took the turbo back off before I made the last lap!

Last edited:
First splits. Tail happy bugger this thing. Slides around a bit too much for my taste. This combo is going to take a good setup.

T1, 29.979
T2, 26.313

Every time a have a good T1 I blow the next tight right hander.:ouch:

The last corner is driving me crazy already. Trying to apply the power to get a good drive to the finish and around she goes.:ouch:

First splits. Tail happy bugger this thing. Slides around a bit too much for my taste. This combo is going to take a good setup.

T1, 29.979
T2, 26.313

Every time a have a good T1 I blow the next tight right hander.:ouch:

The last corner is driving me crazy already. Trying to apply the power to get a good drive to the finish and around she goes.:ouch:

Whoa is all i got to say about your T2. haha
4 tenths faster holy smokes!:)👍

Keep up the good work.

T1: 30.201
T2: 26.886

For me, soft settings seem to be faster. Keeping momentum us the problem though, especially as it doesn't take much for this car to swap ends.

Haha the grip on turning feels like I'm racing @ Chamonix in an Aston Martin :lol: seriously this thing is driving like its wheels are actually castors from underneath a couch :sly:

will post some splits when i find a feel for this garden shed on marbles :P 👍

this thing is driving like its wheels are actually castors from underneath a couch :sly:

will post some splits when i find a feel for this garden shed on marbles :P 👍

Mr P not only are you crazy fast but your hela funny 👍

T1: 30.039
T2: 26.758

Last edited:

I had a 29.6 and a .1xx at T2 already so there's undoubtedly more in there....it's quite hard to actually "go" at all, let alone go fast. I'm applying a lot of 85/90% throttle.... it's good when you hook it all up though :D

Had a few 56.0x but not converted yet. Entry to back straight was pants, hence the slower T2. Great T1 and T3 though, I was supposed to practice @ Spa tonight but ended up running this so much I've had to change the oil already o_O

BB 3/0
25/35/10
TCS 0 ABS 5

+ Some random suspension fiddle.... (soft springs, etc)

Throttle feathering in T1 is important, I've been close to a .4 - T3 is a tough one to get right, especially the exit. Start/Finish speed of 106mph on a decent exit.

Great T2 Blair, you must have nailed the entry to the back straight! 👍

Last edited:
...seriously this thing is driving like its wheels are actually castors from underneath a couch :sly:
Spot on Ron. I swear the rear end is not connected to the road.... either that or its actually rear wheel steer. :P

Trying to get used to my old tired G25 at the mo so not expecting anything great this week.... but I'll give it a go anyway.

Very nice 2nd sector Blair 👍

First crack at it at 189HP.

Up to 190HP

Might be at full song now.

Tried Turismo's setup (something I have been wanting to do since the Mercedes/David Coulthard thing), and tweaked it a little to my style and came up with these

Not a ton better, but I know I left a lot out on the track, so tomorrow may be a better day.

Slight improvement.

Last edited:

Looking for a tune still but just keep going lower and lower so its all good. Im enjoying this week alot.:)

1 thousandth lower at the line. A tune change that makes taking T1 and T2 much easier, much better rear wheel grip but now its to tight and slower and harder to drive thru T3(with a DS3)

Last edited:
Back