Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: World Circuits > Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Japan > Mazda
  • Model: 787B Race Car '91/RX-7 TC
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics 787B:

• Power: 831 HP (After Oil Change and Engine Break In - Max Power is fine)
  • Weight: 830 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications: Not Allowed (Stage 3 Engine Upgrade Verifiable by Watching RPM's on the HUD)
  • Engine Power Limiter: N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Stock (Turbo is verifiable by checking the turbo meter on the HUD)
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Any (Manual or Automatic)
  • Aero: N/A
  • Tyre Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Vehicle Specifics RX-7 TC:

• Power: 497 HP (After Oil Change and Engine Break In - Max Power is fine)
  • Weight: 975 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications: Stage 1 (Stock on Car - Additional Upgrades Not Allowed and Verifiable by watching RPM's on HUD)
  • Engine Power Limiter: N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Stock (Turbo is verifiable by checking the turbo meter on the HUD)
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Any (Manual or Automatic)
  • Aero: N/A
  • Tyre Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No contact with walls or other objects. (Including cones and brake markers) Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Blue and White Rumble Strips are Track
  • No other Surfaces are Track.
Steward's Comments:
We're going with the Special Event IV Theme this week. You have your choice of cars to use for the event. Results will be posted for each car respectively. The leaderboard will not show which car you are using, but please share in your posts. You have to choose one car or the other, you cannot submit times for both.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_4s-f-800-redo.jpg

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not 'Save Replay'.
  • To view your best lap replays, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While in the 'Replay Theater' you can view your total Oval lap time in the replay summary.
  • While Viewing Your Road Course Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times.
  • To post your T1, T2 and T3 splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon.

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total road course lap time

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1, T2 and T3 times
  • Any settings discussion

Number of Splits: 3
The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to. It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 63 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, April 30th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site
Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_28-2-800-redo.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

I'm taking the RX-7 out again. Nice decision by you EDK. 👍 BTW the turbo was set at Stage 1 default on my car when I redeemed the DLC, should I remove it, as the OP isn't clear on this.

I'm taking the RX-7 out again. Nice decision by you EDK. 👍 BTW the turbo was set at Stage 1 default on my car when I redeemed the DLC, should I remove it, as the OP isn't clear on this.

Stage 1 is stock/default so you are good. It can't be removed anyway. When you set "reset to default" you are just selecting Stage 1.

I'll definitely be having a go again this week. I'll probably take the RX-7 but I reserve the right to change my mind if I'm rubbish it in or don't like it.;)

Cool 👍 I reckon I'm still pretty crap at Laguna Seca but love the 787B, so just did a few quick laps using my online setup for some splits to aim at:

Setup is not optimal for offline and the laps were pretty scruffy so plenty of time to find. Great fun playing in the rotary rocket though. :D

Last edited:
Had a run in the 787B to get the feel of it, as I've never actually driven this particular car, wheel spin central or what! When I finally managed to get it round the lap in one piece..

Last edited:
So is there going 2 different groups of times at the end of this week? One for the 787b and one for the RX7? I mean, it's pretty obvious which car will win head to head...

So is there going 2 different groups of times at the end of this week? One for the 787b and one for the RX7? I mean, it's pretty obvious which car will win head to head...

Yep. I put that in my Steward's Comments. 2 separate results lists.

Run the car you prefer. 👍

Here are my opening offline session splits in the GT Car.

Here's my offline tune -

Aero = Max

RH 35/0
Springs 10.0/15.5
Dampe Ext 4/5
Damp Comp 3/4
ARB 7/1
Camber 2.5/1.2
Toe 0.0/-0.20

LSD 9/17/9

Brakes 3/6

Transmission

Final Far Right
Top Speed Far Left

Set These

Final 3277

EDK
Yep. I put that in my Steward's Comments. 2 separate results lists.

Run the car you prefer. 👍

Lol... Somehow I skipped that part and read ahead at

EDK
The leaderboard will not show which car you are using

oops. Carry on!

And I'm not sure which car I'll use yet. Guess it's time for me to give both a shot.

I'm going with the RX7, had about 15-20 lap run and definitely more time in T2&3.

Noticing this high front / low rear thing a lot, does it really give an advantage?

Noticing this high front / low rear thing a lot, does it really give an advantage?

Yes, it works well for offline tuning. It has the opposite effect as it would in real life, if makes the car turn more.

Online (With tire wear), the effect is normally too extreme, and often the opposite approach is needed.

First Splits In 787B using Praiano Tune with Vaga's transmission both from Special event thread:

T1: 19.475
T2: 17.512
T3: 15.848

This is going to create some bad habits for the online race.;)

Last edited:
Great looking combo, have been away for a bit, finally started learning to drive in real life :) and had a lot of work on.

Will give these both a try tonight to decide which car to run. One of my favourite tracks, as you have to be quick, but push too hard and its easy to run off the road. Will post some splits tonight but halfway through tuskuba endurance so we'll see!

I was planning on giving the benz a try but this combo is just way too much fun :)

Last edited:
These are the first, the RX-7 is Amazing once the chassis gets broken in and everything starts to gel a bit better. Ran an entire race series in one of these on my other account.

EDK
Here are my opening offline session splits in the GT Car.

Here's my offline tune -

Aero = Max

RH 35/0
Springs 10.0/15.5
Dampe Ext 4/5
Damp Comp 3/4
ARB 7/1
Camber 2.5/1.2
Toe 0.0/-0.20

LSD 9/17/9

Brakes 3/6

Transmission

Final Far Right
Top Speed Far Left

Set These

Final 3277

Judging by the split times, I will assume you meant TC car.

Thanks ConRollins, see my post above! :)

I have new splits. Not much better. Better times are hard for me to find.

Last edited:
...wheel spin central or what!

Yeah crazy wheelspin - I'm still mashing the throttle too much after that Merc from last week. Great opening splits James 👍 - I'll spend the rest of the week chasing your first timed lap. :P

17.197 (no way :sly:)

No idea how good my finish is - never have a clue round Laguna, just feels out of control... :crazy:

First splits using EDK's tune - great tune by the way! Using the Mazda RX-7 TC. I know I can find more time in the first two sectors and the last sector, but I haven't been able to put them together just yet. Busy week so not sure how much time I'll be able to devote to this event.

Also, here's a pic of my ride:
mazdarx7tc.jpg

Alright, first time using the RX-7 TC car, and I really like it with EDK's tune, but I'm still a slob on this track, so here are my (slow) splits.

T1: 22.078
T2: 20.329
T3: 18.601

Edit: guess I need to have bob run this thing in...

I'll be runnin' the RX.
Not my favourite track for sure,but the car 's great.

Back