GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 70 : The Legacy , (really?)

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 116 comments

MadMax

GTP Race Admin
Finland
Finland
GTP_MadMax
wrstitlestimetrials.png

GT5 Week 70 : The Legacy , (really?)

gt5logo.png

Hotlap Event in Arcade Mode Time Trial

wrs701b.jpg

Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10

wrs702b.jpg

Deep Forest Raceway

wrs703b.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: Arcade Mode : Time Trial
  • Track: Original > Deep Forest Raceway
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: Japan > Subaru
  • Model: Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 303 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1490 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Sports Hard (S1's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface.
  • No other surfaces are track
  • The Concrete Surface found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not track. This means concrete, cobbles, grasscrete, or anything else that is not one of the 2 allowed surfaces.
  • See examples below. Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on Tarmac or Rumble Strips will be DQ'd. This does not mean these are the only 2 out of bounds areas. These pictures are posted for clarification only.

The Following Areas are Not Part of the Track. If You do not keep at least 2 wheels on track surface, you will be DQ'd.

DeepForestRaceway-1.jpg

The concrete on the left before the first tunnel

DeepForestRaceway_3.jpg

The concrete on the left in the first tunnel

Steward's Comments:
This is my favourite track from the original Gran Turismo.
That chicane before T1 used to be (and still is) a real cliffhanger.
While you floor it on the exit , you can only hope for the best when approaching the tunnel.
And the car , it also happens to be one of my favourite stock cars in GT5.
It needs to be short shifted a lot and that's what makes it so enjoyable - challenging.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

wrs704b.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed via other private conversation methods
):
  • Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:
  • T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of Splits: 2

wrs705b.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 70 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, June 18th, 2012 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

wrs706b.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Looks a fun combo 👍

Much prefer the spec car weeks aswell

And some splits so I can top the leaderboard for a minute lol

Last edited:
Very early splits:

Very good fun, especially good not having to worry about a tune. 👍

28.815 (lost 2 tenths)

Last edited:
First WRS combo if I observe well Pekka - well done 👍
I might even throw in a few laps this week after golding the Academy runs :D

Dammit dammit Pekka, you're as bad as Kevin! One of my favourite ever tracks and I love the Imprezza second only to the Evo. OK, I'm starting my hiatus next week then, no matter what the combo... :sly:

You can really stomp on it round here with S1s and it is nice not to have to set the thing up first. 👍

First go... a nice break from last week.

Don't know if I can find much more than that - I usually hit my limit pretty early at Deep Forest (and Reverse).

Done faster laps but all dirty :lol:, so will settle for this just now.

Is it allowed to drive on the other side of the white stirpes?

Yes , as long as it's one of the 2 allowed surfaces.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface.
  • No other surfaces are track
  • The Concrete Surface found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not track. This means concrete, cobbles, grasscrete, or anything else that is not one of the 2 allowed surfaces.

First WRS combo if I observe well Pekka - well done 👍
I might even throw in a few laps this week after golding the Academy runs :D

Heh , I knew you'd notice. :D

Dammit dammit Pekka, you're as bad as Kevin! One of my favourite ever tracks and I love the Imprezza second only to the Evo. OK, I'm starting my hiatus next week then, no matter what the combo... :sly:

You can really stomp on it round here with S1s and it is nice not to have to set the thing up first. 👍

As bad as Kevin. :lol: :lol:

If I was to decide , we would run stock cars each and every week. But fortunately that's not the case.

But it says:
The Concrete Surface found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not track. This means concrete, cobbles, grasscrete, or anything else that is not one of the 2 allowed surfaces.

Just can't find the time to battle all week. But maybe this week, i can find 30 minutes a day. Pretty sure i'm tapped out for my first session, ghost is leaving me behind lol. BB 1-4 abs 4

playing with the AWD adjust. what a difference. woohoo, fun week!

Last edited:
Well, I guess this week is as good as any to get back in to it. Should be fun! :D

Edit: Early splits. It's pretty apparent that I'm a bit rusty...

T1: 29.451
T2: 34.085

Last edited:
But it says:

You are allowed to use all the Red and White Rumble Strips & Tarmac beyond the white boundary lines.

The part you quoted is meant to specify the surfaces beyond white boundary lines which you are not allowed to use.

Here are a few examples of tarmac beyond white boundary line , which you are you allowed to use.

EKO1Fx2qnxgggTWYXV_0.jpg

6828948556_993f436843_b.jpg

The pictures are from Deep Forest , Reverse direction.

For example , on the exit of last corner (sector 3) you can exit very wide and have 2 (left side) wheels on the rumbles.
Just remember to get back on tarmac before that rumble strip ends.

In tunnel/s , there is (sometimes) a small strip of tarmac or rumbles beyond white boundary line which you can use.

Watch the video below to see how you can maximise your track usage while still staying clean.

Last edited:

First go... a nice break from last week.

Don't know if I can find much more than that - I usually hit my limit pretty early at Deep Forest (and Reverse).
Nice splits.👍

T1: 28.218
T2: 32.483

First go at it.
I'm liking the track and the car! Good Choice MadMax!!

Nice splits.👍

Thanks Wes. Yours are better as usual. :sly: There's more in there than I thought...

There's another tenth in sector 1 and obviously about another 2 tenths in sector 2. Fun car on this track. :)

Can't get any better than .6s in sector 2 but sector 1 looking ok so far.

Last edited:
Not going to be able to run this again until next Friday so I'm going to rocket to the bottom of the leaderboard since I've only done ~10 laps. :ill:

Car feels real tight to me like its on racing softs.

Still doing the dirt seasonal so thats why.

After 3 laps a set a lap I thought I couldnt beat I mean I tried alot and the ghost would just kick my butt thru every sector. Tried for another half hour and couldnt come close to matching him at all.

Then a magic lap happened. I put him in my rearview by 1.2 seconds at the line. 8 of those tenths were in T3.

Anyhow so I come to see on the leaderboard how I did on my best lap. Slow, imagine that. haha

Going to wait until the 13th to try again after the seasonal ends. Just thought this car being basically a street legal rally car I might get a hot start. Nope. haha

Making progress in sector 2...

Love this combo. 👍 I think I say that most weeks though. :sly:

T1: 28.142
T2: 32.491

Ok splits but a T3 I'll never match. Looking for a tenth in T1 and half a tenth in T2.

My first splits

0:28,706 0:28,613
0:33,533 0:32,717

I like this TT. Great Car and great circuit! :)

EDIT: Found a lot of time in sector 3. Brake balance now 5/5. Hard to combine all best sector times :crazy: Enough room for improvements :dopey:

Last edited:
Ok splits but a T3 I'll never match.
Sounds ominous... :nervous:

I'm getting there...

Looking for the same as Wes and maybe another tenth in sector 3. Big rewards for bravery in sector 3... :crazy:

New splits, not so good T1, better T2 & OA.

Does anyone have any general tips for setting the brake bias ? On this 4WD normal 3/1 setting or any special thing to observe beside testing and see how it handles.

I used 6/4 (front/rear) but have not tried other settings yet. AWD setting is max possible to the rear (35/65).

Using BB 5/5, TQ 40/60, shifting at 7000, and a bunch of Chukin' it. Using a DS3 this week, and this combo actually makes me not mind it. :)

Back