:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: City Circuits > Rome
  • Car Type: Standard in Online Car Dealer
  • Make: Italy > Lancia
  • Model: Stratos Rally Car '77

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 333 HP (After Stage 3 and Oil Change)
  • Weight: 880 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: N/A
  • Engine Modifications: Stage 3 allowed.
  • Intake Modifications: N/A
  • Exhaust Modifications: N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not Allowed - Default Setting Required (verifiable in replay)
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using the SRF Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Manual or Automatic
  • Aero: Full allowed
  • Tyre Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • 2 Wheels on or above the track at all times.
  • Blue and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface.
  • No Other Surfaces are Track.

Steward's Comments:
A rally on the dirty streets of Rome. A lesson in throttle-steering. :)

This is one of my favorite cars from the GT4 days, have fun!

Viewing your T1 and T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

pb060041mt3.jpg

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!
Rome_3-3.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if all four tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track. Concrete sections bordering the Rumbles are not track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2
Rome_2-2.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 89 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, November 5th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Rome_1-3.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
I am showing 324hp after stage 3 and oil change.
Installed parts
Engine tune stage 3
Titanium racing exhaust
Fully customizable trans
Adjustable LSD
Suspension fully adjustable
Brake balance controller
Racing hard tires

Did I do something wrong?

Last edited:
Installed parts
Engine tune stage 3
Titanium racing exhaust
Fully customizable trans
Adjustable LSD
Brake balance controller
Racing hard tires

Actually I think you did 💡 You're not supposed to install any exhaust parts... this will probably solve youre problem.

Mine is showing 333hp 513pp after 550km run in.

The exhaust part Ryder is mentioning is standard fitted.

Only thing done was oil chaner per and post break in and stage 3 engine added.

Sorry for not being around recently. Started new job and hand too concentrate on that. My weekly gt5 has suffered tremendously. Lucky if I get 2-3 hours per week. Booooooo

Probably a mistake in the regs, we'll wait for Kevin to confirm

Ill try prainanos tune, but the 1.5/4.somthing camber looks a bit extreme

Probably a mistake in the regs, we'll wait for Kevin to confirm

Ill try prainanos tune, but the 1.5/4.somthing camber looks a bit extreme

Without ballast, nothing not extreme will let this car drivable.

Lots more in it. So much fun when you catch it right. Never driven this car!!

284bhp is the max power after oil change and run in but without Stage 3 tune. I hope Kev's mistake is quoting the wrong max bhp and not leaving in Stage 3 tune by mistake :nervous: ....

I decided to give it a quick 20 minutes with a stage 3 anyway. One word - Mental! :D

Setup I used:

Max downforce

-20/-20
16.0/18.0
7/9
7/9
7/7
2.0/4.0
0.00/0.00

LSD 20/13/12

Gears:
Set max speed to minimum (all way to left)
Set Final to 2620
Then ratios -

BB 2/0 ABS 10

Only let off the throttle completely when you're straight - keep some trailing throttle in the bends and corners, particularly turns 1 and 2, turn 5 (the fast right hander at the bottom of the hill in sector 2), and most of sector 3.

Looking forward to giving this a try tonight. Really like the track but never driven the car before.
Should be a fun week.

Installed parts
Engine tune stage 3
Titanium racing exhaust
Fully customizable trans
Adjustable LSD
Brake balance controller
Racing hard tires

Mine is showing 333hp 513pp after 550km run in.

The exhaust part Ryder is mentioning is standard fitted.

Only thing done was oil chaner per and post break in and stage 3 engine added.

Sorry for not being around recently. Started new job and hand too concentrate on that. My weekly gt5 has suffered tremendously. Lucky if I get 2-3 hours per week. Booooooo

My car also is 333HP with engine 3 and oil change/350km.

284bhp is the max power after oil change and run in but without Stage 3 tune. I hope Kev's mistake is quoting the wrong max bhp and not leaving in Stage 3 tune by mistake :nervous: ....

Stage 3 and oil change is what you are supposed to do. I did that before running the test lap I saved on Thursday last week, but the game must not have saved after I made the upgrade, as I just jumped in my current car to quickly verify HP and did not even think about the fact that it was too low.

Break in miles should not be needed, this is a standard car.

Updating first post to say 333 HP. Not sure which screen people are grabbing that from, and not sure whether that's HP or BHP.

So please don't tell me how confused you are or how wrong I am if you have a number that's plus or minus 1 or 2 HP from the 333.

I'll change the first post to 333 HP.

Maybe I can do this one, the flu bug is finally almost gone. It went straight to my bad back, so no seat time the last two weeks to amount to anything.

Last edited:

I decided to give it a quick 20 minutes with a stage 3 anyway. One word - Mental! :D

Setup I used:

Max downforce

-20/-20
16.0/18.0
7/9
7/9
7/7
2.0/4.0
0.00/0.00

LSD 20/13/12

Gears:
Set max speed to minimum (all way to left)
Set Final to 2620
Then ratios -

BB 2/0 ABS 10

Only let off the throttle completely when you're straight - keep some trailing throttle in the bends and corners, particularly turns 1 and 2, turn 5 (the fast right hander at the bottom of the hill in sector 2), and most of sector 3.
Took me quite a lot of time to match that.👍

T1: 24.341
T2: 21.856

Took me quite a lot of time to match that.👍
Once you get in your rhythm though Wes... :scared:

I'm not hanging about to see though :sly:

Best 1st sector so far was 24.194 and above is my best 2nd sector (best clean one anyway). Love this mental machine. 👍

Here is my tune. It's a little extreme and crazy but it work for me and i think for a lot of people. With it it's possible to drive hard with a good line and have fun doing good times. For the moment no better time, but a lot of laps very close.
I'm not fanatic enough to run hours and hours after my ghost. Tomorrow i'll try again, have a good night everybody and good drive.

stratosRC.jpg

Not sure if Ill enjoy this very much, using Praianos tune with my own custom gears

Stratos rally from Historic Racing Car Cup need it.
Oh, that must be it.

T1: 24.204
T2: 21.667

Don't worry, didn't get a good drive out of the chicane. That T2 time is still possible with a good drive out of it though.

Last edited:
Not sure if Ill enjoy this very much, using Praianos tune with my own custom gears

You need to be sure and follow Chris' advice and keep some trailing throttle going for nearly every turn. If you release the throttle completely, the car WILL come around.

EDK
You need to be sure and follow Chris' advice and keep some trailing throttle going for nearly every turn. If you release the throttle completely, the car WILL come around.

Ill try that next, I only did about 5 laps to try the new combo but one thing that helped me into corners is not shifting down while turning especially into 2nd gear. So when taking corners I only brake shift to 3rd until the car is completely turned then shift to 2nd when Im ready to launch out of the corner, it seems to work well.

The Stratos definitely needs a middle ground on throttle. Not enough throttle and it will spin and too many rpm will cause it to spin as well.

Latest Posts

Back