• Track: City Courses > Cote d'Azur
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: UK > Lotus
  • Model: Elise 111R '04

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 189 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 860 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Sports Medium (S2's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

azur2a.jpg
azur11a.jpg
azur6a.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • The tarmac inside the rumbles at the chicane is NOT track. (Example picture below)
  • All other hard surfaces are track

CtedAzur_1.jpg

Steward's Comments:
Sjaak gets the credit for this little gem. It's the second time we've used this car, but it's a great combo and a really nice fit for the track. Have fun chasing those tenths this week.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

azur8a.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 93 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, December 3rd, 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

azur13a.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
First 15 minutes:
T1: 30.010
T2: 48.937

Will definitely be chasing those tenths this week, good combo to take revenge on my last week here at Cote d'Azur.

Kevin, I think you got your last two combos turned around. Wasn't the "charming" supposed come first? :lol:

Pretty fast for me and my DS3.:)
BB 2/3 ABS 1
Active steering strong altho got no clue if it does anything at all, car still felt like it handled the same when hard on the thottle to me.

Nice combo, so far my best save has...

It's slippy yet grippy if you know what i mean :P
Great tyre choice 👍

Oh Hello :dopey:

Tricky little S.O.B :D

Edit:

I can see another .2 in T1 and I did loose a bit in the last sector due to being offline but its a solid start.

Edit 2:

Was a bit nervous in last sector and still lost a bit of time :lol:. Rest of the lap is pretty nice. Is actually quite fun now that I've gotten used to it :D.

Last edited:
Looks like a nice combo. I might participate if I have enough time this week :)

Like monaco but sometimes struggle in city tracks I'll probably try this combo at the end of the week when I get some time. Nice to see more D1 people coming out to play. 👍 a lot of people to learn from this week, hopefully :)

Looks like the aliens are coming out to play in the Monaco sun. :) Hey Dion, nice to see you mate. Fantastic start there too. 👍

The dire weather means no going anywhere today - good for WRS. Not good for sanity with this combo though. :crazy: Only done one clean lap in this morning's session.... but it was a good one thankfully. :P

A little cautious through sector 3 after these splits though and was about 6 feet away from the barrier on the exit from the swimming pool, so definitely more time there if I can keep my nerve.

Edit - I tried Active Steering. Strong just strangles the car and in the tight sections, the handling becomes wooden and there are erratic balance shifts between on and off throttle. Mild is better but still loses some sensitivity on turn in. Off is definitely quickest - throttle steering and careful braking and you can really get the thing dancing. As with the Stratos a few weeks ago, never fully let off the gas unless in a straight line - once the rear gets loose, its not coming back.

BB 1/0 ABS 10

Last edited:
Just got back from the ER. Had to finally break down and go get a pain shot. Will start my quest on this combo tomorrow. Peace.

This looks great, can't wait to drive a car that turns when you ask it to (and sometimes when you don't).

Schedule is tight this week though, but I'm sure I'll find some time.

Do enter this time Ali!!!!;)

And good to see you as well Dion.

T1: 29.639
T2: 48.405

Wow hope all is well and gt5 is not putting you in the hospital

Thanks, and no, GT5 is not putting me in the hospital, lol. I end up going every now and then when the pain gets too bad. They give me a shot in the ass (thats hurts like hell too, lol) of a really good pain killer and all is well again...for awhile.

Thought I'd give it a go.

Edit:
Another few laps gave me

Half a second up on the line.

Last edited:
My splits.

I sure as heck am not Charming this lady!!

Last edited:
Back