RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_4_zps2ddafa8a.jpg

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_11_zps432336a2.jpg

Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_7_zps7733fa82.jpg

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_10_zpsdd831550.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Seasonal Events : Time Trial No. 53 : 600PP / GT500 : Twin Ring Motegi Road Course Time Trial
  • Track: World Circuits > Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi
  • Car Type: Standard
  • Make: Japan > Nissan
  • Model: Calsonic Skyline '00/Loctite Zexel GT-R '00
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Performance Points (PP): 546 PP Max - This is the PP with an Oil Change, Full Aero, and Minimum Weight (No Ballast).
  • Power: 493 HP (After Oil Change and Full Break In)
  • Weight: 1100 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: N/A
  • Engine Modifications: N/A
  • Intake Modifications: N/A
  • Exhaust Modifications: N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Upgrades Not Allowed. Turbo Upgrades verifiable by looking at turbo meter on HUD in replay theater.
  • Drivetrain Modifications: N/A
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Forced off in this game mode)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Fully Customizable Transmission
  • Suspension: Fully Adjustable Suspension
  • Aero: Full Aero Allowed
  • Tyre Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Blue and White Rumble Strips are Track
  • No other Surfaces are Track.

Steward's Comments
Back to Motegi, the site of this year's GT Academy final event. We're using a car model/year that has not been used so far on GT5. We're allowing you to discuss car choice, something we normally have not done on a multi car choice week. The PP is slightly different with the same exact settings, so we decided to allow you to reveal the car so that tunes can be shared more freely. These are tough cars to get every last tenth out of, good luck out there!

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_1_zps5c315900.jpg

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not 'Save Replay'.
  • To view your best lap replays, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While in the 'Replay Theater' you can view your total Oval lap time in the replay summary.
  • While Viewing Your Road Course Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times.
  • To post your T1, T2 and T3 splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Save best lap / ghost replay icon.

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_3_zpsa5f5847f.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_5_zps9be72d34.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total road course lap time

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1, T2 and T3 times
  • Any settings discussion
  • Your Car Choice May be Discussed this week.

Number of Splits: 3

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to. It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_12_zps202007ca.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 100 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, January 21st 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_13_zps398d3e50.jpg

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_6_zps7b63cdcb.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
NICE!!
I'm in! I'm not sure if I've modified the 2 I have already but if so, I can always go do the A spec extreme super GT event.
Good luck guys.
To the admin - LOVE YOUR WORK!!

Sounds like fun. Great work on the combo I love a race car week. Just a quick question. Where can I find these cars. I have the 93 calsonic skyline but can't seen to find these two cars anywhere.

These cars are standard and can be bought in the used car dealership.

However the chance you find them this week is very small so other option is some one send a Nissan to you.

I have a free slot today so ad GTP_Sjaak as friend and I can send a car right away.

Congratulations WRS on reaching the magic 100 number 👍 Looks like great fun this weeks TT. Thank you admins for keeping GT5 alive !!

Sjaak pointed out that this is not the first time the WRS has used this car option.

It was also used over 8 years ago, on week 85 of GT3.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49490

Some familiar names on that podium.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49773

An idea for those that do not have one or both of the cars.

Winning all the events in the Super GT Seasonal gets you a level 21 class coupon. You one could back up their game save before redeeming the coupon, load the game, redeem it, and if it's not one of these cars, quit the game and load the backup save. Lather, rinse, repeat until you have the car you want. ;)

Am I looking at the right cars? The specs say that stage 3 engine tuning is not allowed and can be verified by the tach. Both of the cars that I am looking at, do not have any of the engine tuning stages available. Should that read N/A instead of not allowed, or are the purchased cars different from those received through event wins?

Am I looking at the right cars? The specs say that stage 3 engine tuning is not allowed and can be verified by the tach. Both of the cars that I am looking at, do not have any of the engine tuning stages available. Should that read N/A instead of not allowed, or are the purchased cars different from those received through event wins?

Man, you guys make this 🤬 so complicated sometimes. Oil Change, no upgrades, 600PP. That's it, hit the track.

I will change stage 3 Engine to N/A. We had several of us looking at cars and testing, I thought at some point one of the other admins told me stage 3 was possible and verifiable, but it looks like we were talking about turbos, so I will update the OP to reflect that Stage 3 engine is N/A, while optional turbos are verifiable by looking at turbo meter on the HUD in replay.

If you want to buy these yourself you can also use this website http://gt5cars.net/used_car_searches/new to find out how many game days before it arrives in the UCD.

I hope to have ago at this one. Hopefully I get the time.

Edit: I've already got the Calsonic so I'll start with that.

Last edited:
The cars are shared from the 3D3 racing account: GTP_3D3Racing. So any of you who race online with us regularly and are active on the friends list of this account can borrow the car.

For those of you who don't drive in our online events, I've put them on share from GTP_3D3_C. Send a friend request to that account and you can borrow the cars from there. We will clear that friends list after this event is complete like we've done in the past.

NOTE: Both cars are shared after fresh oil change and with 605 PP. You'll have to use the tuning screen to drop the 5 PP in any way you see fit.

Good Luck.

Gave the combo a quick try. Tons of fun ;) gottavlove these GT500 cars

I'm using the Loctite Zexel GT-R.
Changed the suspension and transmission. BB 6/7

Splits:

I've put both cars up for sharing on my account. Both are at full power and pre-tuned with my own setup. If you want to use them but aren't on my friend list, just send me a request - I'll check periodically for messages this evening. Not sure if I will have time to run the combo but I've given both machines a shakedown on Motegi and the setup feels pretty good.

If you want to own one of them, just give me a nod... Obviously I can only send one a day so first come, first served. :)

Kevin, I just want to say thanks for the car ticket idea of saving and then grabing, go back, reload, if it's not want you want. I would have never thought of that in a million years!

Thanks.

Last edited:
I couldn't find a tune so I am attempting one on my own. I iwll post later if no one else posts one. Here are my first splits with Max HP and reduced Down force to reach the 600PP limit.

Al

Really Really really really wanted to run week 100 but conviniently i dont have motegi :grumpy:

Really Really really really wanted to run week 100 but conviniently i dont have motegi :grumpy:

You don't need to as you have to run this tt in the 'seasonals event' There the track during this event is provided for free for everyone. For sure that was one off the factors that helped this tt to see the light :)

Kevin, I just want to say thanks for the car ticket idea of saving and then grabing, go back, reload, if it's not want you want. I would have never thought of that in a million years!

Thanks.

:cheers:

And please know that I appreciate you as a participant, and that my earlier comments about specs are more directed in frustration at game limitations and not toward you.

Everyone have a great week 100 in WRS.

Better & Worse. Feels stiff like a Go Kart.

Last edited:

Interesting settings V, I'll try and give this a whirl tonight. But I'll probably put the Acc. Sens. and torque as high as I can. I have a funny feeling that I'm in the minority on this, but I have found my cars run faster with those two settings cranked up as high as I can get them before they effect exit speed *shrug*

Jerome

Couldn't resist :) Thank you Chris for the full set up ZEXEL 👍

Last edited:
Loved this track from day one, and with these cars it is an addictive blast :crazy:

Newest splits ;

I'm going to have a crack at this one tonight.
I dont have the cars yet, but I'll have a look online tonight and see what I can find.
Cheers.

I'm going to have a crack at this one tonight.
I dont have the cars yet, but I'll have a look online tonight and see what I can find.
Cheers.
I've got them both on share, pre-tuned and full power. Send me a friend request on PSN now if you like... I'll be online for the next half-hour. :)

Back