• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Original > Cape Ring South
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: HPA Motorsports
  • Model: FT565 Twin Turbo Audi TT
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

main9.png

• Power: 593 BHP including Oil Change and Engine Break In till. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight: 1338 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine Tuning Modifications : Sports ECU N/A,Engine Stage III NOT Allowed,(verifiable by checking redline on the tach).
  • Turbo : Not allowed
  • Intake and Exhaust Modifications : N/A
  • All non power Modifications : Allowed
  • Aero: N/A
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tire Type: Sports Soft
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • All Hard Surfaces are Track

Steward's Comments:
Credit to Sjaak for this great combo. 👍 We used this car all the way back in week 3, but in Arcade Mode. And we used this track all the way back in week 4, but again, in arcade mode. Have fun taming this beast!

caperingsouth6a.png

Viewing your Time Splits:
You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not 'Save Replay'.

• To view your best lap replays, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While in the 'Replay Theater' you can view your total Oval lap time in the replay summary.
  • While Viewing Your Road Course Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times.
  • To post your T1 and T2 splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

caperingsouth5a.png

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 102 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, February 4th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

caperingsouth13a.png

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
I spent some time making a tune for this one this evening. It's not 100% worked out, but should be better than stock settings.

RH -45/-30
Springs 15.5/4.1
Dampers 1's All Around
ARB 7/2
Camber 2.0/0.5
Toe -0.15/-0.20

LSD
Front 15/35/10
Rear 10/20/10

Aero = Max

Brakes 1/4

Torque Split 35/65

Transmission
Final Far Right
Top Speed Far Left

Final = 3856

Last edited:
Only way I'm going to get (a short lived) first place is to post while you're all asleep :)
Using Kevin's tune in a brand new full powered car:

30.261 30.116 29.849 29.372
16.493 16.525 16.286 16.172

Using jjurasic's tune @ 583 hp 590 pp:

29.428 29.464
16.266 16.206

Using praiano's tune:

29.366 29.248 29.066
16.155 16.177 15.925

Another thing which confused me: I saved my best lap and it gets named with the lap time. When I watch it afterwards to check its legality, I see the previous best lap time at the top of the screen with the previous splits shown. As I reach the sector markers my new splits get written over the old ones in 'whiter' numbers but not the third split - and the best lap time is never visible from within the replay. Am I right so far? So theoretically the only way to get my third split would be to take the lap time from the replay title, then subtract the 2 splits I achieve in the replay? Not that I want to do this, but just to see if I'm doing this right. Thanks.

And finally, is this OK? This is the worst it got ;)

picture.php

Last edited:
Had a quick go this morning, still trying to get used to the controls again, ive been playing f1 quite a bit and had to adapt to using the right trigger to accelerate as the pressure sensitivity for the buttons isn't very good in f1. And needed drs and kers buttons so had to get used to spending less time steering lol.

T1 29.769
T2 16.125

Still need to beak in the engine - at 579bhp.

T1 29.244
T2 16.209

Last edited:
Only way I'm going to get (a short lived) first place is to post while you're all asleep :)
Using Kevin's tune in a brand new car.

30.261 30.116 29.849
16.493 16.525 16.286

Confused me a bit but I think I worked it out (from looking at the leaderboard setup) :dopey:.

Another thing which confused me: I saved my best lap and it gets named with the lap time. When I watch it afterwards to check its legality, I see the previous best lap time at the top of the screen with the previous splits shown. As I reach the sector markers my new splits get written over the old ones in 'whiter' numbers but not the third split - and the best lap time is never visible from within the replay. Am I right so far? So theoretically the only way to get my third split would be to take the lap time from the replay title, then subtract the 2 splits I achieve in the replay? Not that I want to do this, but just to see if I'm doing this right. Thanks.

picture.php

You need to make sure you're saving your Ghost/Best Lap Reply, not full replay.

You are right, that time on the top right is your previous best. The time shown on the screen in replay theater before you select the replay IS your lap time from the saved fast lap. You use replay theater and the Live Timing screen to view your splits. And you submit your full time that's shown before loading the lap to the Fetchbot.

Finally, that is clean by our rules.

Using Kevin's tune in a brand new car.

30.261 30.116 29.849
16.493 16.525 16.286

Confused me a bit but I think I worked it out (from looking at the leaderboard setup) :dopey:.

picture.php

What I usually do when i improve my lap or come close to it, i immediatly check the replay to check if its clean and check the splits. If you let the car pass the finish line a bit it will show you also the last split. If its clean or usefull (i dont always follow my fastest lap), then i save it.

First stint still trying to sort out the under steer
If you are driving with stock settings, try the tune I posted.

If you are driving with my tune, try the stock settings, to give you perspective. ;)

EDK
If you are driving with stock settings, try the tune I posted.

If you are driving with my tune, try the stock settings, to give you perspective. ;)

Tried both, stock has less understeer but is slow through the long corners, I think I just need to increase (-) toe a bit, ill try that tomorrow thanks for the tune

Using Kevin's tune w/bb at 5/5 ABS at 1. First full power run:

Pretty sloppy with prolonged grass contact in some corners so there's still lots to be had I think.

Tried both, stock has less understeer but is slow through the long corners, I think I just need to increase (-) toe a bit, ill try that tomorrow thanks for the tune

Hmm, Everything I changed was to take understeer out.

Now, the LSD could be driving part of that, since it's open diff in stock form.

I think by definition, if the car is faster through the slow corners, it has less understeer. :dopey:

Now the S section, and then the long sweeper, I did not really compare tunes, but I found I could drive around understeer there. Might be that throttle on Understeer is still harsh, while throttle off is not.

Would suggest messing with LSD and potentially the Front/Rear torque split to counter that.

EDK
Hmm, Everything I changed was to take understeer out.

Now, the LSD could be driving part of that, since it's open diff in stock form.

I think by definition, if the car is faster through the slow corners, it has less understeer. :dopey:

Now the S section, and then the long sweeper, I did not really compare tunes, but I found I could drive around understeer there. Might be that throttle on Understeer is still harsh, while throttle off is not.

Would suggest messing with LSD and potentially the Front/Rear torque split to counter that.

Well it's okay for most of the track except the last corner, I'm probably braking way too late for it, when I think I've hit the apex I still go a bit too wide on entry to the second part, but it's likely cause I'm trying to be too fast there, ill try a different line

Kevin,

I am assuming the LSD settings in your post are front on top, rear on bottom.

I really do not find the car to be excessively understeery (?) with your tune. It understeers somewhat under braking, but not a lot. If I knew how to fix that I would. Front to rear split maybe?

I think the understeer feeling in the large sweepers is more related to traction than steering

Well it's okay for most of the track except the last corner, I'm probably braking way too late for it, when I think I've hit the apex I still go a bit too wide on entry to the second part, but it's likely cause I'm trying to be too fast there, ill try a different line

Yes, I think line coming into it is more important than speed. If you are not going straight when you start braking, you'll spin the car. I ruined quite a few laps while testing in that spot last night, being used to the full Cape Ring Layout, and how you manage those corners right before it.

Back off to get all the way over to the right, brake in a straight line, and take the corner on time. You can really mash it on exit if you get the entry right (Slow in FAST Out ;) )

Kevin,

I am assuming the LSD settings in your post are front on top, rear on bottom.

I really do not find the car to be excessively understeery (?) with your tune. It understeers somewhat under braking, but not a lot. If I knew how to fix that I would. Front to rear split maybe?

I think the understeer feeling in the large sweepers is more related to traction than steering

Yes, front then rear. I went ahead and updated that post to show that.

Understeer under braking, the reason I set BB at 1/4 was to help counter that. I would try adjusting to a rear bias brake before messing with anything drivetrain related.

After that, maybe a higher final (braking) number on the LSD. Try front first, then rear.

Thanks Kevin. I'll try that when I have exhausted this setup. Getting a little quicker:

Killer times Mohit!

Thanks Ron! Like Kevin said, slow in fast out.

The earlier you are able to get on full throttle, the more time you'll gain, no exceptions!

EDK
I spent some time making a tune for this one this evening. It's not 100% worked out, but should be better than stock settings.

RH -45/-30
Springs 15.5/4.1
Dampers 1's All Around
ARB 7/2
Camber 2.0/0.5
Toe -0.15/-0.20

LSD
Front 15/35/10
Rear 10/20/10

Aero = Max

Brakes 1/4

Torque Split 35/65

Transmission
Final Far Right
Top Speed Far Left

Final = 3856

Thanks for the tune... 30.5 & 16.8 right off with only a couple laps...car sticks like glue. frigg'n fun to drive :sly:

Slight improvement in splits - large improvement at the line:

First 30 min getting used to this beast. Still working the rust out, been a long time since I've WRS'd 👍

Slightly modified Kevin settings. I smell rubber :)

Jerome

First splits with Kevin's tune (Thank you :cheers:) I just changed the torque repartition to 25/75 because I like my cars to oversteer a bit. :D

Tried Kevin's tune but I didn't like it, so I started from scratch and came up with this one. Let me know if you can't see the image.

IMG_20130128_220856.jpg

Last edited:
I've spent a lot more time tuning this baby than driving it, hehe. Great combo, very simple, need to balance aggression with poise on these exits.

29.069 - Saw a few 28.9's but I can't get past 583HP...
15.989 - The right braking point on that sharp left just before T2 is crucial for that sweeping right, yikes.

Just swapping tenths around, wheee.

Jerome

Back