2014+ Cadillac CTS Thread | 640hp CTS-V bad assness

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 46 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
:eek:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/18/cadillac-confirms-420-hp-twin-turbo-v6-for-2014-cts-w-videos/

2014-gm-v6lf3-twin-turbo-v6-628.jpg

Ew, ATS engine in the CTS.

The V6 sounds good, though. Wonder if it will make Ford raise the power on the EcoBoost V6...

Last edited:
Going to do everything in my power to make sure the CTS with that engine is in my parents driveway by the end of the year.

Most-importantly, that 420 BHP V6 is going under the hood of the Cadillac XTS, and will be available with all-wheel-drive... Making it the luxury sedan it should have been from the start. My guess is that this engine will find it's way into a wide variety of vehicles, including the new trucks and SUVs in the near-future. Let's hope it's a true EcoBoost competitor.

I thought the horsepower race was coming to a close, but I guess automakers are just getting more technological about it. Sticking such a potent engine in the non-V seems rather juvenile, particularly in the wake of the VW XL1's final unveiling. :lol:

I thought the horsepower race was coming to a close, but I guess automakers are just getting more technological about it. Sticking such a potent engine in the non-V seems rather juvenile, particularly in the wake of the VW XL1's final unveiling. :lol:

Since when was the horsepower race ending? There's gotta be a demand for something in between a regular, 300 horsepower CTS and the 550 horsepower CTS-V; a 420 horsepower turbo version could bridge that gap nicely. As for potent engines in non-V cars, why not? Audi does it, what with their S line filling a large gap between the RS line and more pedestrian Audis.

The XL1 also costs six figures, no?

I thought it costed $60k?

I still want the ATS, it looks sportier and this just doesn't have the same sexy angry look the previous CTS-V had. Maybe a change in wheels might persuade me to rethink that.

EDIT:
I lied the ass sold me
002-2016-cadillac-cts-v-1.jpg

I don't think it will sell well with normal Cadillac customers.

Why? The normal Cadillac buyer isn't the same person as the sports car Cadillac buyer, in the same way the average Corvette buyer or V6 or even SS camaro buyers aren't the same as the Halo Z06 and ZL1/Z28 buyer. And that's just fine with GM cause the cars still sell.

Why? The normal Cadillac buyer isn't the same person as the sports car Cadillac buyer, in the same way the average Corvette buyer or V6 or even SS camaro buyers aren't the same as the Halo Z06 and ZL1/Z28 buyer. And that's just fine with GM cause the cars still sell.

Isn't.....that exactly what he said?

Isn't.....that exactly what he said?

How so, he said he doesn't think it would sell well with the normal, and I ask why as in why does it matter, when the target group isn't the normal Cadillac buyer. Basically I'm saying that his comment goes without saying, since the point of this car isn't the normal buyer.

The new CTS-V looks awesome. And it's probably gonna be a very fast car thanks to a Corvette engine. I'm excited already.

That's hot. Not sure if this is enough to pull me away from the German competitors though.

I want the trunk spoiler and the hood vents painted body color, otherwise I would only have the car in black or dark gray.

--

I don't quite get it, is the CTS now the 5/E/A6 competitor and ATS the 3/C/A4 competitor?

Luckily it's optional a-la ATS-V

Will it be an add-on option that costs x amount or will it be standard and have a no-cost delete option? If it's the latter, I'll hate to delete something that is probably actually functional without also saving a few bucks in the process.

Back