• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Original Circuits > Deep Forest/Reverse
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Lotus
  • Model: 111R Race Modification '04
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Power: 250 BHP (After Oil Change, Added Parts and Full Break In)
  • Weight: 720 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: N/A
  • Engine Modifications: Not allowed
  • Intake Modifications: Allowed
  • Exhaust Modifications: Allowed
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not allowed
  • Drivetrain Modifications: LSD, Clutch, Flywheel, Driveline upgrades all allowed.
  • Transmission: Fully Customisable Transmission Allowed
  • Suspension: Fully Adjustable Suspension Allowed
  • Aero: Allowed
  • Tyre Type: Sports Hard (S1's)
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface.
  • No other surfaces are track
  • The Concrete Surface found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not track. This means concrete, cobbles, grasscrete, or anything else that is not one of the 2 allowed surfaces.
  • See examples below. Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on Tarmac or Rumble Strips will be DQ'd. This does not mean these are the only 2 out of bounds areas. These pictures are posted for clarification only.

The Following Areas are Not Part of the Track. If You do not keep at least 2 wheels on track surface, you will be DQ'd.

DeepForestRaceway_9.jpg

The concrete on the left before entering the last tunnel

DeepForestRaceway_8.jpg

The concrete on the right after exiting the last tunnel

Steward's Comments:
A technical combo this week,
One corner entry not perfect will have effect for the next one.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Save best lap / ghost replay icon.

6f62dl.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

2m82l38.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 116 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, May 13th 2013 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

34fjiix.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting. I do have a good amount of experience with this car and also did a Seasonal TT on this track not long ago so pretty familiar with the reverse layout. Getting "bob" to break in my car right now so it should be ready after the NASCAR race at Talledega. We'll see what the week brings. Good luck everyone.

Neat combo this week. 👍 This may be my first official TT depending on when I get my official division placement so I will try to do the best I can.

Brand new car, 10 laps. Nice to have a petrol engine again ;)

If this has anything to do with that forest queen from lord of the rings I'm definitely interested. :lol: In all seriousness I plan to give this one a shot if at all possible.

My first splits:

I'm using a tune that I found here and it's really easy to drive. It's not very quick but it's a good tune to get a feel for the track and car.

I have absolutely no idea how to setup cars so I rely on others to do that for me. :lol: Since everyone seems to call each other by their first name around here, you can call me Andrew. :)

Good luck guys :cheers:

Had a run at this earlier tonight. Ah the simple pleasures of changing gear... :sly: No setup to speak of so far - stiffened the springs and shocks, ARB 7/7, camber 2.5/2.0 - Need to try and dial out the snap-oversteer when trail-braking. Some splits to kick off anyway:

Love Deep Forest... even more in reverse. :)

Edit - Fetchy isn't picking up splits. Looks like the deadline has both 2012 and 2013 showing on the leaderboard.

First splits after about 30 min. of getting used to the track/car. Using an old tune of mine that did pretty good in a past Seasonal TT with minor adjustments for the track. I can see that I'm going to have to do alot of cleanup in sector 2. Anyway, here we go.

First go at it. (ok maybe 100 laps, but no more I swear!)

250bhp? I think I ran with 214 :lol:

I guess there are parts to add after the RM...

anyone know the run-in mileage? my bob is currently racing away, done about 150 miles so far and Im sssooo bored just waiting for him :D

In garage , 300km / 187.5 miles (by PD km to miles conversion , using 1.6 that is)

managed about 30 laps, and still plenty room for improvement in sector 2 + 3... incredible sector 1 time vaga can't get anywhere near that! anyway here's mine:

Great fun, love the car and track. Been looking forward to a tuning event now the seasonals are non-tuning. Still working a decent set-up.

T1 22.330
T2 28.631

Need to work on sector 2, and sector 3.
The first sector is pretty hit or miss for me, pb on this lap though.

incredible sector 1 time vaga can't get anywhere near that!
Thanks mate 👍 and call me Chris. I think that's going to be my limit in sector 1 - most laps I'm a tenth down. You never know though - Ramon may turn up and smash that.

I've settled on a setup I think, not that its gained me much time but it is more consistent. Just about to walk the bear so I'll post it up after. Probably a sector 1 video as well..?

Nice to see you in for a run Lou - you like DFR as well eh? :sly:

Maybe another tenth in sector 2 if I'm lucky. Very satisfying hammering this round here though. 👍

Vagabond
Nice to see you in for a run Lou - you like DFR as well eh? :sly:

Cheers, yeah this track is one of my favourites couldn't resist this combo. Just feels as if your constantly about to crash when your on a fast lap lol.
Great sector times by the way mate.

Managed a better lap:

T1 22.468
T2 28.296

Lost some time in the first sector but was smoother through 2 and 3.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. Not too shabby yourself and I'm sure you'll get faster 👍

Here's my setup...

picture.php

...and first sector video:

Does anyone have an extra broken in Elise that I could have? I never break in my cars. :nervous:

Does anyone have an extra broken in Elise that I could have? I never break in my cars. :nervous:

As stated, just have "bob" do it. I set him loose on the Indy 500 event and after 100 laps, the car is broken in. Takes about 1 1/2 hours or so. I just do it before I go to bed and let him go. I have always broken in my cars this way and seems to work the best for me.

Ok, thanks guys. Might do that when I have the time.

Or if your a bit like me, and fancy getting some XP for your Bspec and driver, as well as a few credits on the side, I just run the 22 lap Indy race from the final event from the Expert set. That way (even if you lose) you will get a chunk of xp and a few credits, then just hit ok and re-run the race.

If your gunna be away from the PS3 for a while though, follow what the other fellas have said, and do the Indy 500 or daytona or something, and just let him run and return to the game at some point down the line. Don't forget to give it an oil change after your done mind! 👍

Latest Posts

Back