GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 126 : Sjaak's BC Car Has Got Some Clamps!

• Thread starter EDK
  • 99 comments

EDK

WRS Admin
United States
Boise, ID
GTP_EDK
wrstitlestimetrials2.png

GT5 Week 126 : Sjaak's BC Car Has Got Some Clamps!

gt5logo.png

Hotlap Event in GT Mode Practice

Honda S2000 LM Race Car

Top Gear Test Track

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: World Circuits > Top Gear Test Track
  • Car Type: Standard - Available in the Online Collector's Dealership
  • Make: Japan > Honda
  • Model: S2000 LM Race Car

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Power: 331 BHP (Broken in and oil changed)
  • Weight: 1000 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: N/A
  • Engine Modifications: N/A
  • Intake Modifications: N/A
  • Exhaust Modifications: N/A
  • Turbo Upgrade Not Allowed - Verifiable by Looking at HUD During Replay
  • Drivetrain Modifications: LSD Allowed.
  • Transmission: Fully Customisable Transmission Allowed
  • Suspension: Fully Adjustable Suspension Allowed
  • Aero: Allowed
  • Tyre Type: Racing Medium (R2's)
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • 2 Wheels on or above the track at all times.
  • The game boundaries are appropriate. Just keep the car inside the normal boundaries.

Steward's Comments:
Sjaak used this car in the 2007 Board Challenge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xlSHjwYavk

I'm not sure why his lap shows a color other than blue, but here is his favorite color on display. 👍

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if all four tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1, and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 126 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, July 22nd 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Darn, why these great cars and tracks when I can't participate? A conspiracy it is!! :grumpy:

This will be a big learning curve. I don't know the test track well. Looks like a fun car, though. Lot's of high powered/racing machines since I've resumed WRSing (not a complaint, of course!)

A few laps to get a feel for it - never really liked this car and haven't used it much... for an FR it just has way too much understeer but I'll see if I can get a setup that suits it. Anyway, some splits to chase:

whisper.gif
No torque splitter on this one Kev.

A few laps to get a feel for it - never really liked this car and haven't used it much... for an FR it just has way too much understeer but I'll see if I can get a setup that suits it. Anyway, some splits to chase:

whisper.gif
No torque splitter on this one Kev.
Thanks, yet another copy/paste error.

I put the car on Mediums due to the understeer. I even considered softs at one point.

It's also the reason I put it on a wide track. I always liked the car in the GT4 days, but everything understeered on that game.

The car is light, but the brakes still stand out. The stopping distances are insanely short here.

Last edited:
Haha yeah, GT4 physics had me baffled for ages. It still is a good blast around TGTT though - good choice of track for it. 👍

Hmm, obviously i´m unable to participate this week. Don´t have the track so far, and being to stupid to switch it free. The special events with the Bus and the Kubel are not the problem, but after several trys with my hated Louise, i have to skip it for the moment and enjoying the sun to calm down ;-)
Either i´m sliding off the track during braking or making a collision with others, but place 5 in the race is alien like for me atm.

does that include cones?

Yes, that definitely includes cones. Too much advantage to be gained from wiping them out in some areas, and they are intended as a track boundary here.

Hmm, obviously i´m unable to participate this week. Don´t have the track so far, and being to stupid to switch it free. The special events with the Bus and the Kubel are not the problem, but after several trys with my hated Louise, i have to skip it for the moment and enjoying the sun to calm down ;-)
Either i´m sliding off the track during braking or making a collision with others, but place 5 in the race is alien like for me atm.

There is an easy way to win, although it involves a short cut, but if all you want is to win and unlock the track this will do the trick. Just don't hit cones while taking the short cut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fxQDXhpXx8

EDK
Yes, that definitely includes cones. Too much advantage to be gained from wiping them out in some areas, and they are intended as a track boundary here.

Thanks Kevin 👍

Two quick questions, does an engine refresh require a break in period? My car weighs 1050kg and there is no weight reduction possible. How do I get it to 1000?

I think your 1050kg is correct, no weight can be trimmed. No break in either, just oil and go.

Quick setup and 15 or so laps. Feels great to be racing here again!

millross
I think your 1050kg is correct, no weight can be trimmed. No break in either, just oil and go.

Quick setup and 15 or so laps. Feels great to be racing here again!

Thanks 👍 Looking forward to giving this a go.

Slowly getting back into the hang of things...

Cheers!

EDK

If we knock a cone over on one lap, should we exit and start our session again? They don't respond lap to lap, but I like running a handful of laps in a row. What would you prefer?

My tune:
RH: -10/-10
Camber: 2.8/1.4
Toe: -0.08/-0.15
BB: 4/6
LSD: 6/16/5
Tranny trick top speed 241 kph

All else stock.

If we knock a cone over on one lap, should we exit and start our session again? They don't respond lap to lap, but I like running a handful of laps in a row. What would you prefer?

I am pretty sure that you need to reset the track after a cone is touched.

Al

Thanks for the tune Mohit. I will give it a go tomorrow. Here are my first splits for TT #91!

Last edited:
Didn´t handle the trick on the video with the Louise, thanks for posting anyway.
So i started running the event several times until i made finally place 5 ....and then.... no test track :(
After searching the web again i learned, driving the Louise was not necessary, golding the first event with the busses was it. That was easy then, so i have it now. ;)

Here my first times after 3 laps.

If you knock over a cone, and then run through the place that cone was supposed to be, it will show you knocking over the cone on the saved ghost "Best Lap" replay.

Therefore, it really does not matter to me which you do, as long as the replay does not show you hitting a cone.

It's probably best to reset when you hit one, to be on the safe side.

As I recall from testing, there are just a couple of risk areas, high speed transition that requires you to scrub speed while carrying momentum. Corner names from this map are Wilson and Follow Through, although I thought follow through was the left hander after the right that I am referencing.....

TG_Test_Track.PNG

As far as I was aware, the left hander in question is called 'The tyres' which leads on to Bentley Straight. Follow-through is definitely the right hander though :)

Had a .888 first split, sector one is such a pain in the ass to get right though

Pigs ear made of penultimate turn so not a brilliant lap all in all.

Back