Hotlap Event in GT Mode Practice

Ferrari 458 Italia '09

Nürburgring Nordschleife

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice
  • Track: World Circuits > Nürburgring Nordschleife
  • Car Type: Premium - No Tuning or Added Parts Allowed - Paint and custom wheels are allowed.
  • Make: Italy > Ferrari
  • Model: 458 Italia '09

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 574 HP - Stock Car with Oil Change. This number will go up with engine breakin. Full breakin allowed, but no added parts allowed.
  • Weight: 1485 kg (Stock). No weight Reductions or Ballast Allowed.
  • Transmission: Any (Manual or Automatic)
  • Added Tuning Parts : Not Allowed. This includes Aero parts from GT Auto, drivetrain parts, engine upgrades, exhaust upgrades, intake parts, transmission changes or suspension changes. We have developed an automated means of verifying car specs, and any racers found to have made any illegal changes will be DQ'd from this event, and subject to disciplinary action.
  • Paint and Custom wheels : Allowed
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off')
  • Tyre Type: Sports Medium (S2's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings (RA Functions): Optional (If Available). This means brake balance changes, ABS adjustments, and TCS/ASM aid settings are OK to change.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac, red and white rumble strips, and other hard surfaces, such as cobbles, are all track.

Steward's Comments:
This week provides us with a first chance to make a 'dream' arcade mode combo. If every car was available to us in Arcade Mode, what kind of combos could we dream up? Cars like the 458 Italia lose their character when we remove weight and add power to make sure we can verify that the car is legal. No more need to worry about that. We can verify the legality of the car for all participants. So just go buy a car from the dealer, change the oil, and install Sports Medium tires. Then go have some fun on the Green Hell. :)

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if all four tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 through T9 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 9

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 128 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, August 5th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Bah was hoping on having a week off after GTA, but can't miss a run round the ring, can't wait to start this one!

my first WRS and nordschleife!!

the circuit that I like most about GT5, tomorrow I start to try a bit ... now because I will celebrate the classification of the Spanish national final 2:16:8. 2:16:9 and I ran out of the national

👍 👍 👍

Last edited:
Definitely doing this. 👍

Question - the car tops out at 167 mph. So do we just deal with it or...?

Last edited:
Great combo
I like the suspension setup this car have, but I changed the BB to 5/7

Definitely doing this. 👍

Question - the car tops out at 167 mph. So do we just deal with it or...?

use the 7th gear :D

Gonna give this a go. My two issues with the ring are
1.I never run it.
2.I can only see the first five splits when I look at the leaderboard. For some reason my phone browser doesn't format it correctly and I can't scroll to see the rest.

Anyway, it's good to be back.

Great combo
I like the suspension setup this car have, but I changed the BB to 5/7

use the 7th gear :D

Wait....the car has 7 gears? -_______-

Excellent!

Cats_PJs
Gonna give this a go. My two issues with the ring are
1.I never run it.
2.I can only see the first five splits when I look at the leaderboard. For some reason my phone browser doesn't format it correctly and I can't scroll to see the rest.

Anyway, it's good to be back.

Well there's a first time for everything (standard canned response).

I have an android phone and can see the splits no problem. I swipe sideways on the actual splits.

I have an android phone and can see the splits no problem. I swipe sideways on the actual splits.

I thought I remembered mine working that way in the past, but it is not working that way today. I can only see up through the 5th split.

Which browser do you use on Android, default, or?

EDK
I thought I remembered mine working that way in the past, but it is not working that way today. I can only see up through the 5th split.

Which browser do you use on Android, default, or?

Default on android (4.1.1). You have to swipe the actual splits, if you swipe anything else the page won't move.

Works on the chrome browser too.

What a smooth and fun ride! No way I'm letting Bob break this car in!

Having a bit of trouble keeping up to my ghost from the last time we were here (C7 prototype) but that could change by the time of full break in. I thought we would have to go through all of the other configurations (24hr, Type V and whatnot) before coming back here, but I'm glad it's working out that way!

I'm planning on getting a banker lap early on, and then driving like a mad man the rest of the week! :dopey:

My first clean lap.

It was my fastest lap too. I kept beating my ghost till I got a clean lap. Should do well here, the C7 was one of, if not my best finish in the WRS.

Just checked and it was my first Div 4 Gold. Not my best finish.

Last edited:
This combo is going to greatly improve my throttle control......

I tested it on S1's at first, was fairly set on making it 100% stock, including the showroom tires. So consider the S2's my gift to you. ;)

This is my 100th week as a part of the WRS! Perfect combo to celebrate :lol:.

I do not participate in the time trials every week, but I do almost every combo in the WRS online area. And this has to be the most exciting one I have done till date. Hit the tire choice spot on!

mohitraina91
Default on android (4.1.1). You have to swipe the actual splits, if you swipe anything else the page won't move.

Works on the chrome browser too.

You kids and your fancy devices, I'm running gingerbread over here.

Also, I ran three laps last night and was way behind, going to be hard to get a good lap this week.

Nice start Mohit! :) will start running later tonight, going to try this today! :dopey:

Formula 1600
DidierCar2.jpg

Baron, the good thing with the ring is you can see huge improvements! :cheers:

EDK
  • Mode: GT Mode : Practice
  • Track: World Circuits > Nürburgring Nordschleife
  • Car Type: Premium - No Tuning or Added Parts Allowed
  • Make: Italy > Ferrari
  • Model: 458 Italia '09

Steward's Comments:
This week provides us with a first chance to make a 'dream' arcade mode combo. If every car was available to us in Arcade Mode, what kind of combos could we dream up? Cars like the 458 Italia lose their character when we remove weight and add power to make sure we can verify that the car is legal. No more need to worry about that. We can verify the legality of the car for all participants. So just go buy a car from the dealer, change the oil, and install Sports Medium tires. Then go have some fun on the Green Hell. :)

Quick question regarding the way you are now able to check the regs: I have a 458 already broken in, but over the course of the game I've added removable parts (suspension, exhaust, ECU, etc.). If I remove those parts can I still use the same car, or must I use a new car with none of those parts available for it? In other words, do you check what is available or what is actually installed?

So many time i don't drive a stock 458 in GT5 ( not even dreaming in the real live).... But this car understeer like a "Sus scrofa domesticus".... A little custom suspension tune could be allowed at least. Just in my opinion .

This is my 100th week as a part of the WRS! Perfect combo to celebrate :lol:.

I do not participate in the time trials every week, but I do almost every combo in the WRS online area. And this has to be the most exciting one I have done till date. Hit the tire choice spot on!

Congrats Mohit!!!!!

Quick question regarding the way you are now able to check the regs: I have a 458 already broken in, but over the course of the game I've added removable parts (suspension, exhaust, ECU, etc.). If I remove those parts can I still use the same car, or must I use a new car with none of those parts available for it? In other words, do you check what is available or what is actually installed?

That's fine, Greg. 👍 We've tested that scenario and it checks out.

Nice pics this week, Kev. :cheers:

Ok, I can tell now I'm going to love this combo! Managed a clean lap straight out of the box with these:

Quick bite to eat then back to start gaining some time

Might give it a go later when I'm done with Monaco.... but I still suck at the 'ring to be honest and I'm not sure I can take the pain this week. :P

Back