Hotlap Event in GT Mode Practice

Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice
  • Track: World Circuits >Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Car Type: Standard - No Tuning or Added Parts Allowed - Paint and custom wheels are allowed.
  • Make: USA > Chevrolet
  • Model: Corvette Coupe (C2) '63

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 252 HP - Stock Car with Oil Change. Stock Car with Oil Change. This number will go up with engine breakin. Full breakin allowed (261 HP), but no added parts allowed.
  • Weight: 1370 kg (Stock). No weight Reductions or Ballast Allowed.
  • Transmission: Any (Manual or Automatic)
  • Added Tuning Parts : Not Allowed. This includes Aero parts from GT Auto, drivetrain parts, engine upgrades, exhaust upgrades, intake parts, transmission changes or suspension changes. We have developed an automated means of verifying car specs, and any racers found to have made any illegal changes will be DQ'd from this event, and subject to disciplinary action.
  • Paint and Custom wheels : Allowed
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off')
  • Tyre Type: Comfort Soft (C3's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings (RA Functions): Optional (If Available). This means brake balance changes, ABS adjustments, and TCS/ASM aid settings are OK to change.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Blue and White Rumbles are Track.
  • No other surfaces, including green runoff in the final turn, are track.

Steward's Comments:
Another stock car combo this week. :) This year marks the 60th anniversary of the American Sportscar, the Chevrolet Corvette. It's also the 50th anniversary of the iconic '63 split window coupe. In honor of these events, the annual Monterey Motorsports Reunion, held at Laguna Seca, is making its own tribute to the Corvette, next weekend. This is a fantastic event, a can't miss for me. I attended for the first time in 2005 and have not missed one since.

This combo is probably not for everyone, the car is a pleasure to drive, but the tires, brakes and gearbox are definitely period correct for a road car. It only has 3 gears, but there's no fear of topping out on the straights. It won't even hit the limiter going down the hill on the main straight of Route X. ;) Don't try to paint this car as an automatic, though. The base '63 Corvette was supplied with a 250 HP 327 ci V-8, and a 3 speed manual transmission, no doubt a "3 on the tree". Some of you kids probably don't even know what that is. :lol: Anyhow, have fun thrashing the WRS tribute to the Corvette, I know I will.

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done, and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1, T2 and T3 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 3

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 130 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, August 19th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, left out of OP, but this car is standard, not currently in OCD, but it is shareable/tradeable.

I have a bunch of them in various colors. But of course, can only share once per day.

Just post in here if you need a car, and I'm sure someone will help you out.

looks like someone saw my post in suggestions :D hehe shame its not the GT350, but I guess its hard to expect everyone to have one. Looking forward to this one!

Hmmm... sorely tempted by this one, right up my street. 👍

(Especially now that I can't negatively affect my handicap). :dopey:

looks like someone saw my post in suggestions :D hehe shame its not the GT350, but I guess its hard to expect everyone to have one. Looking forward to this one!

I like that combo, but read the Steward's Comments and you'll see why I went with this. ;)

Looks like a nice combo, I like Laguna even though I don't do very well here. Put me on the list to receive the car :) cheers. Btw we can each send the car to each other that way everyone gets the car quickly, without the day limitations

EDK
I like that combo, but read the Steward's Comments and you'll see why I went with this. ;)

fair dues! Fair enough reason 👍

the cars have been different but I got the last 3 tracks right... ima go browse the event history and 'predict' the next 3 hehe

Sweet, Kevin. 👍 Gotta love Jerry for making stock combos possible. :cheers: I can't even bring myself to change the wheels or even paint it:

ghpy.jpg

d5oh.jpg

hujp.jpg

Did about 10 laps for my allowed quick session today. Was going to spend it at the Mountain but, well, you know how it is. :P I used to have mixed feelings about Laguna Seca too Manu but after our last excursion here, all that changed... :sly: This car in stock trim is actually a fun blast round here, even with the 3 speed guess-box. Anyway, some splits to kick it off:

Most of my 1st sectors were low .8s but got a wheel in the sand on this one... No idea how good this will turn out to be but it felt fast at the time. :P

BB 5/5

Oh, I have 3 of these beauties in totally stock trim - Palomar Red (above), Cordovan Brown Metallic (alot nicer than it sounds), and Satin Silver Metallic. All were from the OCD too so no run-in required. Let me know if anyone needs one. :)

Looks like another fun one, Kevin! I can also send the car to people if it's requested.

EDK
By the way, left out of OP, but this car is standard

Actually, the OP says it's premium... :P

I have 3 of these beauties in totally stock trim - Palomar Red (above), Cordovan Brown Metallic (alot nicer than it sounds), and Satin Silver Metallic. All were from the OCD too so no run-in required. Let me know if anyone needs one. :)

Ahem...please Sir? :lol: thought I had one, got back from swimming with the kids, and my cupboard was bare!! Not fussed on the colour mate, whatever you're happy to part with as it may get painted anyway :sly:

Thanks Chris, appreciate it :cheers:

Jon could send you a duped copy of the one I just sent him... 👍 Jon, you there mate...? :sly:

Here Chris 👍

Hey Escama,

I can dupe the one Chris sent to me but I'm not going to be near my PS3 for another 4.5hours.

If you can wait that long, send me a friend request (GTP_Carlos) and I'll send the car later tonight :cheers:

Sent PM Juan Antonio 👍

Sneaked another quick go in... :shhh!

Is no-one else having a blast yet? Its a great car - more grip than you'd imagine, just watch out for the inside rear spinning up on exits with the torque. Its an open diff and it just runs you wide when the traction goes. Short shift it too, particularly going from 1st to 2nd. Throttle control is still faster than TCS though, in case you're tempted.

Hey, could someone please send me one of these. I'm a little concerned about how this is going to handle, but I'd still like to give it a try.

Thanks

Hey, could someone please send me one of these. I'm a little concerned about how this is going to handle, but I'd still like to give it a try.

Thanks
Sent you a FR.

Will send a car once you respond. I have one from the OCD that's Ivy Green. Not as photogenic as the red one, but easier to deal with.

Look like a nice combo! i hope to have some time to try it, i have to finish some repair on my car, might be able later in the week! :)

EDK
Sent you a FR.

Will send a car once you respond. I have one that's OCD that's Ivy Green. Not as photogenic as the red one, but easier to deal with.

Thanks Kev. Whatever color you have is great, much appreciated.

I might be inclined to loan a car, but last week I sent a car to a person I won't name and not even a thanks!

Thanks Kev. Whatever color you have is great, much appreciated.
Sent. And come to think of it, I can probably send another in 15 mins or so.

Here are my first splits, set in Poison Ivy. ;)

If you guys hadn't noticed, my avatar is me, at Laguna, in my Challenger.

I hadn't noticed actually Kevin. How did she handle round there?

Handling was quite good. I have strut braces on both ends now, and put a set of Goodyear F1 Supercars on before the track day, along with EBC Yellow Brake pads. I also raised the ride height half an inch (Coilovers have been on the car since I got it), as it would hit the bump stops on big bumps, and I did not want that to happen in turn 6. :scared:

I also have installed sub-frame braces since the track day, which are supposed to help with traction under throttle. It has quite a lot of grip now.

Brakes were an issue, though. I had a lot of fade, and I think brake fluid/bleeding was the main issue, although I don't know for sure.

I am running at Sonoma/Sears Point in September. I think I have the brake fluid sorted now, and also installed some stainless lines at the wheels. If brakes are still an issue, bigger rotors are next.

I might want to give this a go. If someone could send me a Corvette, that would be great. :)

EDK
If you guys hadn't noticed, my avatar is me, at Laguna, in my Challenger.

Love that Challenger Kevin!

Wow mate, that must have cost a few quid. 👍 Was it just fluid boiling then with the brakes? Any chance of ceramics in the future? :sly:
Cost/Quid comes with racing or racing like substances in RL. ;) Actually the upgrades are not incredibly expensive, when matched against the cost of consumables on race day. Fuel, brakes and tires are what make racing expensive. That, and crashes. But we won't talk about that. :lol:

EBC Yellows are basically a race pad, so pads are not really the issue. Ceramic pads would not do anything for me, although carbon rotors could.

I had some issues with bleeding, and made it through all of my race fluid, and ended up with some heavy duty/high temp stuff from the local parts store. I think the fluid just could not take the stress, and basically after one lap of really pushing, I had no pedal at all. I was able to thrash it in the corners and down the straights, but did not get maximum braking performance. Also could not heel/toe, since the pedal was too long to line up with the throttle.

EDK
Cost/Quid comes with racing or racing like substances in RL. ;)
Haha yeah I remember mate - although it was about 20 years ago. :P I did some time with Caterham 7s back in the day. Can be hard work trying to make a set of tyres last 4 or 5 races when there are some guys there using 3 sets per meet :mischievous:

I meant ceramic discs but yeah I suppose carbon would do at a push. :P Nice upgrades anyway. 👍 With the brakes sorted, it will be fantastic. I should imagine Laguna with no brakes is crap-your-pants coming over the crest into the corkskrew... :scared:

I should imagine Laguna with no brakes is crap-your-pants coming over the crest into the corkskrew... :scared:

Laguna really has 2 hard braking zones, the first and last turn. You can get by everywhere else.

I was pushing in the cork. ;)

EDK
By the way, left out of OP, but this car is standard, not currently in OCD, but it is shareable/tradeable.

I have a bunch of them in various colors. But of course, can only share once per day.
Just post in here if you need a car, and I'm sure someone will help you out.

Why can't you share more than once per day or do you mean send a car? At any rate, I have some that I will put online so that they can be borrowed. As I'm an active trader in the Market Place with a full schedule, I can't "send" any cars out but I will put some online. 👍

Last edited:
First 10 laps in my new car ( thanks Chris 👍) now resplendent in Monaco blue...

Last edited:
Back