Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: City Couses > London
  • Car Type: Premium - No Tuning or Added Parts Allowed
  • Make: Japan > Mazda
  • Model: RX-8 Type S '07

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Power: 241 BHP (This is power after oil change and before breakin. Max power (261 BHP) is OK.)
  • Weight: 1310 kg (stock) (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: Not Allowed
  • Engine Modifications: Not Allowed
  • Intake Modifications: Not Allowed
  • Exhaust Modifications: Not Allowed
  • Turbo: Not Allowed
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Not allowed - Admin verifiable.
  • Drivetrain Modifications: Not Allowed
  • Transmission: Optional Transmissions Not Allowed
  • Suspension: Optional Suspensions Not Allowed
  • Aero Modifications: Not Allowed
  • Tyre Type: Sports Hard (S1)
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event (R/A) Tuning Settings (Brake Balance): Optional.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • All Hard Surfaces are Track.

Steward's Comments:
This is a fun one, screamin' Rotary on a great city track. Have fun. 👍

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.
Number of splits: 2

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 134 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, September 16th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, this looks great. Gonna be a tough call deciding whether to ring the last bit out of the Ford, or get started on this beauty.

My first go at TT #99 in a row!!!!! Love the car!!!!

Al

Holy crap, with Supercharger and stock gearbox on Indy 500 Bspec, this thing gets up to almost 180mph. Close to 500hp. :eek:

EDIT: I'll remove those parts later, folks. Just getting the break-in done fast.

:D

Saw a .236 in t1, along with some other 2's. Good fun, this one.

I've never been a fan of the London track if I'm honest. :indiff: Never been a fan of street circuits at all really but developed a fondness for Tokyo and Monaco and even Rome on occasion... but London and Madrid I still feel that claustrophobic tension quite acutely. That said, the RX8 is a great drive and I had one part run-in, with about 120 miles on it already (about 258bhp).

I know that makes it look like I'm talking crap about not liking London but barring full engine power gains, I reckon that's almost my limit. Saw a .197 1st sector and I think maybe a high .4 is doable in sector 2. Not sure about the last sector but last time we ran here I lost a huge chunk through there... Fun car though. 👍

This will be the first time trial I will try :)

So far:

What do you do in 1st section when I lose 3 tenths and its just one turn? Handbrake?

What do you do in 1st section when I lose 3 tenths and its just one turn? Handbrake?
No handbrake - I'm not a fan of that trick. I brake early to keep the car settled, trail brake all the way in, get on the power early. I may do a sector 1 vid but so far we seem to mostly have D1ers running, who don't really require tuition :sly:

Saw the RX-8 and that got my attention :) Seem understeer more than i can remember but it's manageable. Also not a fan of street circuits but i can digg London, as an city track i mean :lol:

One downside for me, i leave for holiday tuesday. Of course happy to go, but don't think i can manage a competitive time before i leave.

I have a problem trail breaking the car into the first corner. Also with BB3/5 i can not manage trail break it into the corner :grumpy:

16.488 was a bit lucky there :)

No handbrake - I'm not a fan of that trick. I brake early to keep the car settled, trail brake all the way in, get on the power early. I may do a sector 1 vid but so far we seem to mostly have D1ers running, who don't really require tuition :sly:

Maybe people are waiting for your video :)

Last edited:
done 5 laps with new car after oil change

EDIT:

Last edited:
Nice t1 Chris, it's nice to have an alien around on a weekly basis to help me know what to shoot for. Not to take away from the others, its just that you are almost always here to show the way.

Nice t1 Chris, it's nice to have an alien around on a weekly basis to help me know what to shoot for. Not to take away from the others, its just that you are almost always here to show the way.

It also gives me a good challenge. :)

Thanks Baron. :cheers: My hopeless addiction to GT goes back a long way and for many a year, prior to discovering GTPlanet, I spent hour after happy hour labouring under the illusion that I was quite fast. :sly: I mean, I was the fastest out of my GT playing mates but after qualifying in D3 Bronze for Prologue, reality kicked in. I'll never think of myself as an alien - its been too long a road to get up to my current pace... but my WRS trophy cabinet does look quite nice and its quite rewarding to be able to share what I've learned with other GT junkies of course. 👍

Speaking of which, Sector 1:

My 1st splits, London grows on ya after a while!
Thanks for the sector 1 video Chris!! 👍👍

Vagabond
I'll never think of myself as an alien - its been too long a road to get up to my current pace.

Well, then you've certainly reverse engineered their technologies, and use them proficiently.

Thanks for the video Chris but i just found out the trail break technique. Had to steer in a bit earlier and changed the BB to 5/7

Did some more laps and i think i'm close to my limits in each individual sectors, now i have to combine them. That the hardest part :lol:

new splits after another 30 minutes of sweat :P
EDIT

Last edited:
Nice going guys 👍

Surprisingly good sector 2.

Last edited:
This i have to bed with. Think i will sleep well :) Hope i wake up the same :lol:

Don't worry to much. That T2 time :scared: me a bit and you guest it ..........:grumpy: T3 :grumpy:

Nice one Dennis 👍 You won't sleep well mate, you'll be re-running that sector 2 in your head all night :sly:

Best sector 3 so far and up about 0.15 on the previous best. Looking for about 0.1 up to T2 but pretty happy with the lap at this point I think.

Back