:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
  • Track: World Circuits > Mount Panorama
  • Car Type: Garage Car
  • Make: Japan > Nissan
  • Model: Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34)'08
  • Power: 348 bhp (including oil change; No extra power parts allowed)
  • Weight: 1224 kg (after all weight mods)
  • PP: 511
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Sport Hard (S1) (Front and Rear)
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: The following tuning parts are allowed:
    • All non-power upgrades, including weight reduction.
    • Oil Change
    • Fully Customizable Suspension
    • Racing Brakes
    • Fully Customizable Transmission
    • Fully Customizable Mechanical LSD
    • Carbon Drive Shaft
    • Triple Plate Clutch Kit
    • Wing/Custom Wing
    • Body Rigidity (Improve And Restore)
    • Engine Overhaul
    • Aero Kits
    • Flat Floors
    • Weight Reduction Stage 3
    • Hood Weight Reduction
    • Window Weight Reduction
    No other parts are allowed, including available engine tuning "Stages" and turbo upgrades.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed
  • Custom Wheels and Paint are allowed
Course Settings:
  • Time: Optional
  • Weather: Weather at Race Start 0%, Weather Change 0
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real
View attachment 121885

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Red-and-White Rumble Strips are Track. No Other Surfaces Are Track

Steward's Comments:
Throwing you into the deep end. ;) Complex track and full tuning allowed. Sometimes we throw curveballs. :)

Viewing your T1, T2 & T3 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1, T2 & T3 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

View attachment 121889

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 3 splits: T1, T2 & T3 times
  • Any settings discussion.
Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 16 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, May 12th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

View attachment 121883

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, love the track and the car...nice combo...thank you
That we can tune will make me about 10 places worser (I dont have a clue about tuning), but thats life :)

Having driven on this in every single Australian lobby online ( :mad: ) I'm decent with the track but I suspect the car's going to be harder than it looks!

Time to go and find out...

Quick 3 laps before work, will give a proper go later tonight :)

1'11.826
1'48.875

Sure is a handful, running default everything except gears.

First happy lap. I'm pretty bad at tuning, but I'll add my tune tomorrow if these splits hold up:

1'11.633
1'48.116

Forgot the flat floor, woops :dunce:

Another 10 laps, was lucky to get a clean one:

1'11.226
1'47.207

No idea how much time is left in each sector, since i'm running a lot of stock settings :boggled:

Can't believe that it's been three months since I was on track in the WRS. Work's been crazy but hopefully I've got some time this week to run a few laps...rusty as hell and I don't think I've tuned anything other than brake bias in GT6 yet, but happy to give it a go around the Mountain.

:cheers:

1'11.383
1'47.300

Still learning the lines. Only driven it the required number of times to earn an international b license.

Here's my tune, it's pretty easy to drive, kind of middle of the road, as far as stability vs. aggressive.

85/85
9.00/11.00
3/3
7/7
5/5
0.0/0.0
-0.10/-0.05

bb 4/3

Gears
Final 3.948

lsd 5/13/7

Downforce 20

This should be loads of fun. Lots of time to be lost or gained at such a long, winding track. And tuning. Not that I'm any good at it, but it helps compensate for the DS3 a lot 👍
Nice change considering that crazy, mean Megane...

Nice combo @Sjaak, shame about the tuning. Time to learn the track. Probably with lots of frustration, specially from the moment the real alien splits show up

1'11.383
1'47.300

Still learning the lines. Only driven it the required number of times to earn an international b license.

Here's my tune, it's pretty easy to drive, kind of middle of the road, as far as stability vs. aggressive.

85/85
9.00/11.00
3/3
7/7
5/5
0.0/0.0
-0.10/-0.05

bb 4/3

Gears
Final 3.948

lsd 5/13/7

Downforce 20

Thanks for the tune Baron. But i can't make the gears. Did you do something with the top speed, or something?

DTM
Thanks for the tune Baron. But i can't make the gears. Did you do something with the top speed, or something?
Stock wheels, then the usual, final far right, then top speed left, set ratios, set final.

Stock wheels, then the usual, final far right, then top speed left, set ratios, set final.

Excellent, will give this a bash with that. Had already messed with the gears and couldn't get it right. Close enough though. I did have to tone the down-force back, as anything above 15 was causing major understeer.

10 Laps in and have seen a few 21.8** T1's, and some good T3 times. My T2 though is terrible. Will have a go tomorrow.

1'12.366
1'49.466

Thanks mate, will give it a try tomorrow. Got my own tranny. Curious to see the difference

C
DTM
Thanks mate, will give it a try tomorrow. Got my own tranny. Curious to see the difference
Cool, I'm not sure there will be much difference, as long as you run it to redline and your gears fit the track, you're probably in good shape.

Back