:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
  • Track: City > Tokyo R246 Reverse
  • Car Type: Garage/Favourites Car
  • Make: UK > Lotus
  • Model: Evora '09
  • Power: 379bhp (including oil change and tuning parts listed below)
  • Weight: 1288kg (All weight reductions + 200kg ballast)
  • PP: 507
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: S3 - Sport Soft (Front and Rear)
  • Driving Line| TCS | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: The following tuning parts are required-
    • Custom Aero Kit
    • Rear wing (generic or custom) - Max downforce is allowed
    • Fully Custom Suspension
    • Racing Brakes
    • Fully Custom Transmission
    • Triple Clutch
    • Custom LSD
    • Engine tuning - Standard
    • Sports Exhaust
    • Sports ECU
    • Isometric Manifold
    • Sports Catalytic Converter
    • Intake Tuning
    • Weight Reduction Stage 3
    • Carbon or Body-colored Bonnet
    • Window Weight Reduction
    • Ballast 200kg (Max) - Required
    We can verify these parts from the replays.
  • Chassis Rigidity Improvement is NOT allowed
  • Ballast Position Adjustment: Allowed
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed
  • Custom Wheels and Paint are allowed
Course Settings:
  • Time: Fixed
  • Weather: Fixed
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • All surfaces are track.
  • Be mindful of invisible walls near the barriers.
Steward's Comments:

I'll be brief... thrash it mercilessly. :D

:cheers:
Chris

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 2 splits: T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 18 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, May 26th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
My PP changes with ballast movement.
-50 = 507pp,
-49 to +40 = 508pp
+41to +50 = 509pp

Is this correct?
Yes, that's OK.

Amazing combo, Chris. 👍 Feels like you're on rails at first, and then the hunt for tenths on every corner begins. :D

Last edited:
Ok, let me apologize in advance, but, can we adjust all of the parts, or just the ballast?

Please don't beat me.

2 laps with DS3 and no tweaks at all....

1'27.783

Edit:

1'24.950

Be back later in the week!

Last edited:
Nice to see you running Matt 👍

Thought I'd give it a run myself (a serious one I mean :sly:) I'm pretty clueless with setups on GT6 still but I'll post mine when I've got one I think works....

Some splits for now anyway:

1'23.916

Absolutely no idea if that's good or not but it was a bit hectic and frayed around the edges, so tidying it up will find a bit more time anyway. Beyond that, getting the feel for a setup will probably find more too but I haven't run any serious laps for a few weeks, beyond testing combos, so I'm a bit off-balance.

Weird, I don't think I've ever seen an Evora in real life, but living in the heart of Evil Microsoft (:mischievous:) I see Elise's and the like fairly often. When I was out earlier I saw an Evora. :dopey:

Think I'm done at Daytona, this one's calling my name right now, after giving it a try last night with all stock settings and ballast moved all the way to the front, it drove great! 👍

Woohoo! This thing's a hoot. :)

Tried doing some "things" to the suspension, but just created understeer. This seems to be a pretty safe tune.
I think the tranny has the most tangible effect, the minimal suspension and LSD changes probably didn't do much vs stock.

BB 7/7
Mostly stock suspension:
105/105
4.08/7.79
3/3
3/3
3/3
0.0/0.0
0.00/-0.10

Tranny:
Final to 4.675
Max speed far left
Final 2920

LSD 10/25/10

Downforce 20

Ballast position -50

1'25.067

I've flipped the car about 10 times and seen horrific crashes at the S turns. :scared:

Last edited:
Go for it Joe! 👍

Reposting splits as they don't seem to have been picked up:

1'25.067

I have about 200 silver chrome cars in GT6. I don't know why. Anyhow, I"m certain I have the Evora and it will be interesting to see how my kick butt GT5 tune works in GT6. Regardless, will have a little time to play with it on Tuesday.

Wow, I can give an admin advice. :dopey: Post tunes in a quote, it stops Fetchy mistaking it for splits. 👍
That's good advice, I almost did that but then thought that I was being savvy enough in removing decimals and such that it wouldn't confuse Fetchy. :dunce:

Good heavens, I'm not even in the 1sec club. Chris' "not sure if that's good" splits are cracking! :bowdown:

@Gravitron: I'm unable to use your tm settings, not enough range. So I can't have all six gears in the given ratios.
Hmm, after posting I went and tried to duplicate it on the B sheet and was able to...I have custom wheels, 1in upsized, that may make a difference.

Honestly though, the tranny doesn't make that much difference vs stock. It's worth about 1 car length at the end of the front straight.

I deleted one replay that wasn't only bested. It also had grip reduction on low which I think is a first for me. :crazy:

BB 5/4 and full downforce.

1:31.234

Amazing splits Chris!

Lots to gain in sector two for me - particularly that crazy understeery part at the top of the hill and the last two turns which are uber tricky at speed. If I can get under 1'24.5 I think I'll be chuffed!

I'll post my setup later tho it probably is awful.

Back