International Rallycross Thread.

AMPMROCKETFANN

(Banned)
United States
MARYLAND fo sho
AMPMROCKETFANN
Alright, everybody! with the creation of the 2015 NASCAR and Tudor threads, I thought we should get on with the general Rallycross thread. Feel free to discuss the Global Rallycross Championship, the FIA World Rallycross championship, news, and anything rallycross.

Let me start off by saying congrats to 2014 GRC champion Joni Wiman and 2014 World RX Champion Petter Solberg. Let the discussion commence!

Solberg's new engine and overall package looking dominant in San Luis. He'll be hard to beat.

Global Rallycross schedule has been released, although it's not 100% finalized...

2015 Red Bull Global Rallycross Schedule

May 31: Tampa/St. Petersburg, Fla.

June 21: Daytona Beach, Fla.

July 5: United States Military Base (TBD)

July 25: Detroit (I)

July 26: Detroit (II)

August 15: Washington, D.C.

August 30: Seattle, Wash.

September 12: Los Angeles (I)

September 13: Los Angeles (II)

October 3: Barbados (I)

October 4: Barbados (II)

November 5: Las Vegas

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/red-bull-global-rallycross-releases-2015-schedule

I like the format they are doing for a lot of rounds this year, having 2 full rounds in 1 weekend. Much better. I went to 3 of the rounds last year (DC, NY and Vegas) and the first day had very little on track action and felt almost pointless (i felt with such a small amount they had going on that they really should have just made them 1 day shows). Would feel much more worth it to go to those rounds that have 2 races during the one weekend. I like the schedule, surprised to see DC back on though

Glad to see that DC is back this year, I really enjoyed that event last year and can't wait to go back. Also, they'll be back at the X Games again, but this time it won't have championship implications

Hehehehehe

10924751_949706318375196_1551686451148675119_n.jpg

10929960_949706321708529_7916603171357964420_n.jpg

10947352_949706315041863_8201658432644503259_n.jpg

10408015_949706325041862_7053181188690807407_n.jpg

World Rallycross is going to Hockenheim with the DTM.

http://fiaworldrallycross.com/article/8674/world-rx-signs-multi-year

The FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy has agreed terms with the World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) to hold a 13th World Championship round alongside the DTM season-opener at the Hockenheimring in Germany (1-3 May, 2015).

The Hockenheimring was originally built in 1932 and is home to the biannual German Formula One race, held most recently in 2014. It has also staged DTM since the Championship’s inaugural season back in 1984. Since 2011, Hockenheimring has hosted both the opening and closing rounds of DTM with World RX driver Mattias Ekstrom winning last year’s season-finale in front of a sell-out crowd. Working closely with Apex Circuit Design, a purpose built rallycross circuit is being built in the famous “Sachs Arena” stadium section of the impressive German venue.

The new partnership between IMG Motorsport and ITR is part of a multi-year deal which sees the F1 circuit added to the growing list of world-famous race circuits that now boast purpose-built rallycross circuits.

World RX and DTM will be joined in Hockenheim by DTM’s support championships: the Porsche Carerra Cup Deutschland, FIA Formula 3 European Championship and the new-for-2015 Audi Sport TT Cup.

Martin Anayi, World RX Managing Director for IMG, spoke positively about the latest boost for the FIA’s newest World Championship event: “It is a great honour to partner with DTM at their 2015 season-opening weekend at the Hockenheimring. We have been extremely impressed with the professionalism we have seen from ITR in running DTM and we can’t wait to show the German motorsport audience just how special World RX is. There is a natural link with [Mattias] Ekstrom competing in both Championships and also with permanent World RX driver [Anton] Marklund competing in the new Audi Sport TT Cup. We were thrilled when the opportunity arose to build a purpose built rallycross circuit in one of the world’s most famous venues. Coupled with the fact that an RX event would be held on such an important weekend in the German motorsport calendar was the icing on the cake. As a result, we now have a fantastic chance to showcase World RX and our sport to a brand new audience. We are very excited about developing our relationship with ITR and look forward to future collaborations.”

ITR Chairman Hans-Werner Aufrecht is delighted about the signing of the deal for this multi-year partnership: “Whatever we do, we always do it allowing for the interests of the fans we want to provide a unique experience, at the circuit. In consideration of this fact, the FIA World Rallycross Championship suits us perfectly: the DTM high-tech touring cars and the rugged compact World RX racers represent two different, fascinating motor-sport facets. I am convinced that the motor-racing enthusiasts will love this combination.”

Janis Baumanis has been selected as a Peugeot Hansen talent development driver, therefore tearing some shreds of my soul away, and destroying my visions of an OMSE dream team.

He deserves this a lot though.

Since this is the umbrella thread for Rallycross, I figured I'll chat about Red Bull Global Rallycross. Here's the schedule for 2015 (taken from the Red Bull Global Rallycross Championship website ( http://www.redbullglobalrallycross.com )):

* May 31: Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL
* Jun 21: Daytona, FL
* Jul 5: United States Military Base
* Jul 25: Detroit, MI (I)
* Jul 26: Detroit, MI (II)
* Aug 15: Washington, DC
* Aug 30: Seattle, WA
* Sep 12: Los Angeles, CA (I)
* Sep 13: Los Angeles, CA (II)
* Oct 3: Barbados (I)
* Oct 4: Barbados (II)
* Nov 4: Las Vegas, NV

From last season, I enjoyed the courses around Charlotte and especially that event in Washington [State]. I do think the series needs more proper off-road courses rather than mostly circuits with dirt thrown together. I was pleased last season to see New Zealand's Emma Gilmour make a GRC Final last season when she advanced in the season finale at Las Vegas. GRC puts on a good show, and I do enjoy watching the races. This season shouldn't disappoint. Can't wait until late May for this season to start.

Since this is the umbrella thread for Rallycross, I figured I'll chat about Red Bull Global Rallycross. Here's the schedule for 2015 (taken from the Red Bull Global Rallycross Championship website ( http://www.redbullglobalrallycross.com )):

* May 31: Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL
* Jun 21: Daytona, FL
* Jul 5: United States Military Base
* Jul 25: Detroit, MI (I)
* Jul 26: Detroit, MI (II)
* Aug 15: Washington, DC
* Aug 30: Seattle, WA
* Sep 12: Los Angeles, CA (I)
* Sep 13: Los Angeles, CA (II)
* Oct 3: Barbados (I)
* Oct 4: Barbados (II)
* Nov 4: Las Vegas, NV

From last season, I enjoyed the courses around Charlotte and especially that event in Washington [State]. I do think the series needs more proper off-road courses rather than mostly circuits with dirt thrown together. I was pleased last season to see New Zealand's Emma Gilmour make a GRC Final last season when she advanced in the season finale at Las Vegas. GRC puts on a good show, and I do enjoy watching the races. This season shouldn't disappoint. Can't wait until late May for this season to start.
I can't wait to get my tickets for DC!!! representin' :gtpflag::gtplanet:

Get ready, Global Rallycross fans! This weekend is the first race of the season. We got GRC ready to rock Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The race (according to the GRC website) will be live on NBC at 3:00 PM EDT on May 31. GRC is quite fun to watch. I'm sure this season will be no more frenzied than past seasons. I certainly want to see the new Subaru WRX STi that Bucky Lasek will race. It is a great-looking white/gray/orange car.

It will be time to start a new season of the Global Rallycross Championship later today. Expect insanity. The action this weekend takes place in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Good luck to all drivers and teams as another GRC season kicks off proper.

if you ever get the chance you need to go to a worldrx event, just got back from lydden hill and was awesome. looking to go to sweden or germany next year. sadly for th grc season there is no race in Seattle, WA this year. ft lauderdale was a sad race venue compared to some of the others. also i'm looking to start a rallycross group on gt6

I went to DC to last year and I hope they use the same layout and I can sit by the hairpins again. I think they will use the same layout as Daytona's layout is identical to last years so it's a possibility

Shoutout to RallyX medalists Scott Speed (1st) Steve Arpin (2nd) and Sebastian Ericsson (3rd) What a great set of races!

I made the mistake of getting instant information by looking on Instagram for a spoiler. I learned Ken Block won the Fort Lauderdale round in the GRC Supercars. The GRC Lites Fort Lauderdale winner was Austin Cindric.

Next round of the Global Rallycross Championship is in Daytona Beach, Florida on June 21.

Back