Hennessey VelociRaptor 600

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 19 comments
United States
N. Jessamine, KY
JMoney-689
Woodside689
Looks like Hennessey has jumped the gun and built an F-150 Raptor before Ford will. At least one American tuner is doing well.

safe_image.php

For around $75,000 you get off-road suspension, tires, etc, along with a supercharged 5.0 V8 making more than 600 horsepower. Needless to say, it would make a great Christmas gift for me if anyone on GTP is feeling especially generous this year.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...600-is-the-2015-raptor-ford-doesnt-build-yet/

Looks like Hennessey has jumped the gun and built an F-150 Raptor before Ford will. At least one American tuner is doing well.

[]
No.
They made a photoshop of a VelociRaptor.

How is it a VelociRaptor, when it's not made from a Raptor? It's just a tune F150.

I'd like to say that I've never hard of Hennessey's controversies before, and now I'm saying they are probably mostly untrue. The only sources I can find for this information are internet forums, and a Car and Driver column written in 2002 in which the writer even admits all of the information in the article was gathered from forums. The Viper story? It's nothing more than a rumor.

The only truth we can guarantee from the controversy is the Better Business Bureau complaints, which as of 2002 there were 12 filed and 1 resolved. All that might mean is Hennessey's company has bad customer service, but that doesn't make him a crook. If the Viper story IS true, and other customers were ripped off, than the BBB would have shut Hennessey down by now.

If there were any certain truth to this story there would have been actual media coverage. Sounds to me like someone BS'ed a story on the internet 12 years ago and everyone spread rumors about it, including a C&D writer.

I'd like to say that I've never hard of Hennessey's controversies before, and now I'm saying they are probably mostly untrue. The only sources I can find for this information are internet forums, and a Car and Driver column written in 2002 in which the writer even admits all of the information in the article was gathered from forums. The Viper story? It's nothing more than a rumor.

By "forum posts" you mean first hand accounts by customers that have been backed up with receipts and pictures and actual lawsuits.

The only truth we can guarantee from the controversy is the Better Business Bureau complaints, which as of 2002 there were 12 filed and 1 resolved. All that might mean is Hennessey's company has bad customer service, but that doesn't make him a crook. If the Viper story IS true, and other customers were ripped off, than the BBB would have shut Hennessey down by now.

Wrong. You have no idea how the Better Business Bureau works.

If there were any certain truth to this story there would have been actual media coverage. Sounds to me like someone BS'ed a story on the internet 12 years ago and everyone spread rumors about it, including a C&D writer.

Sounds like you're looking for excuses against what is pretty obvious proof. Let the ear-plugging commence.

Alright, I'll admit I thought the BBB was a government organization up until now. Why the 🤬 do they call themselves a bureau when they aren't even part of anything?

My point stands, however: Why hasn't there been media coverage of this?

Alright, I'll admit I thought the BBB was a government organization up until now. Why the 🤬 do they call themselves a bureau when they aren't even part of anything?

My point stands, however: Why hasn't there been media coverage of this?

There was. Car and Driver is media. :lol:

As for why it hasn't appeared all over the news? Because nobody would watch it and people rip other people off all the time.

In all honesty, I don't see how people would want this truck when they can get an SVT Raptor for less.

The Raptor would most likely be much more reliable an durable as well.

Also the one other thing people are forgetting to tell Jmoney is how John Hennessey himself went on to these said forums and then raged and argued with the customers he ripped off.

Also the one other thing people are forgetting to tell Jmoney is how John Hennessey himself went on to these said forums and then raged and argued with the customers he ripped off.

I'm sure he did, thanks for letting me know.

I'm sure he did, thanks for letting me know.
He's telling the truth, I've seen it myself plus he's admitted to it... sounded like a 12 year old who didn't get everything he wanted for Christmas

Back