• Thread starter Tom
  • 36 comments

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
tombrookscomms
Rather unexpectedly, Lotus have revealed their 2015 challenger, the E23, on Twitter.

B8R_0BaIAAArbmH.jpg:large

B8SA-ftCAAA4X1K.jpg

B8SA-dSCEAAUVSk.jpg

B8SBkOwCQAEbNO0.jpg

B8SBkFeIAAAS_yG.jpg

Discuss.

Air plenum area looks wider than norm? New end plate design on the FW?

I am fond of that nose.

Wider and looks like it has two smaller intakes above the headrest as well.

Edit: Nevermind, that image above... clearly a reflection and not extra intakes.

@GTPorsche They are inlets, Craig Scarborough believing they are to cool the gearbox. Usual for teams to have a smaller inlet beneath the mean rollover hoop inlet, but not this large or wide.

Last edited:
I think I'm seeing a 4th inlet central and below the main hoop intake. Common for teams to have a separate gearbox channel here, so maybe the side "ears" are for something else - a return to passive DRS?

Air intake is probably far different due to the 2015 engine being different for the Mercedes and completely different for Lotus in general. I love the diffuser image they've given us.

Love it already, this was what I was hoping Ferrari's car would look like last year (only to be disappointed).

Is it just me, or does the nose look like it's mounted as far back as possible? Looks like they're trying to get as much air onto it as they can.

I prefered GENII on the side pods, it is essentially black with a couple of gold stripes. Not very creative.
It looks ok....it'll look a whole lot better if it wins a race or two.

Why can't I see this thread in the subforum? I got on Autosport this morning and then came over here. When I didn't see a thread, I created one. It got closed because of this thread, but were it not for the link posted in that thread, I never would have seen this one.

Why can't I see this thread in the subforum? I got on Autosport this morning and then came over here. When I didn't see a thread, I created one. It got closed because of this thread, but were it not for the link posted in that thread, I never would have seen this one.

You're probably blocked from seeing content the thread host is posting???

Meh, the car is ok, not going to bother watching this years season either,

I like how simple it is. I think it'll look good in action, even if it's a little dull in a still shot.

You're probably blocked from seeing content the thread host is posting???
No, I know what's causing it now.

I like how simple it is.
I do, too, but at the same time, it looks a little too simple. The side profile looks like something that I would gave drawn when I was bored. Maybe it's just the dark colours and the lighting that makes it hard to pick out fine detail.

I prefered GENII on the side pods, it is essentially black with a couple of gold stripes. Not very creative.
It's better than the black, gold and red of previous years.

It looks like antiperspirant.

Maybe it'll be quicker than last year's car, maybe it'll finally send the team over the edge. Who knows?

A side note, when is it that the rights for Toleman to use the Lotus name expire again? Was it 2017? What will they do then if they can't renew it?

Back