• Custom Wheels, Paint & Racing #: N/A

Course Settings:
  • Time: N/A
  • Weather: N/A
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

full

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • Everything is track, just don't hit the walls OR the invisible wall on the outside in the final corner, as so many people have in the past.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumble strips are track. Nothing else is track. Concrete curbs are NOT track. Yellow lines on the hairpin are legal.

Steward's Comments:

The stewards have been searching for a track to suit this MINI Clubman Vision Gran Turismo for a long time. We think it's a very good handling car and is fun to drive on anytrack but we wanted to wait with our ace till we found the perfect track to suit it. We believe this is the one, the combo suits each other extremely well and since it's been a long time we drove a mini or been on trial mountain, this combo felt like the only right thing to do. We wish everyone loads of fun and beware of that tunnel vision :D.

full

Viewing your Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual split times, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.

Thread rules:
The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
The following information can be discussed in this thread :
  • The first 3 splits: T1, T2 & T3 times
  • Any settings discussion
full

Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 113 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):
  • Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

full

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Saw this when watching my replay,game say's I have RH tire's on but not according to my replay. Could some of you other guys check your's in your replay?

Attachments

• Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg
    Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 35
Saw this when watching my replay,game say's I have RH tire's on but not according to my replay. Could some of you other guys check your's in your replay?
There is a glitch, that at times when watching other cars it can show the wrong tires. When on track to the driver it will show the correct tires. Typically this happens after changing the tires, then when you go back on track it will show anyone watching your car (and perhaps even on the replay) the original tire, not the tire you changed to.

I cannot for the life of me work out why anyone would enjoy driving this car in stock form:

S1: 19.983
S2: 43.883
S3: 1:10.133

There is a glitch, that at times when watching other cars it can show the wrong tires. When on track to the driver it will show the correct tires. Typically this happens after changing the tires, then when you go back on track it will show anyone watching your car (and perhaps even on the replay) the original tire, not the tire you changed to.
So the tire in the picture is just a visual glitch,not the actual tire on the car? Because I hadn't changed tires.

So the tire in the picture is just a visual glitch,not the actual tire on the car? Because I hadn't changed tires.
I did not look at the picture you posted to see the tread on the tires :dunce:, I never noticed that before. I mistakenly thought you were talking about what I mentioned when viewing another driver's car.

1'11.806

Can anyone recommend a good breaking point coming out of the tunnel? It seems I always brake too late or too early.

1'11.806

Can anyone recommend a good breaking point coming out of the tunnel? It seems I always brake too late or too early.
I find that just before the yellow line on the crest gives you enough drag to help to you turn in, otherwise, you're fighting downhill.

Okay, I promise I'll submit a time this time! :lol:

Awesome looking combo, can't wait to give it a thorough shakedown. 👍

another quick crazy bouncy go

1'08.750

I brake just after the last little bit where it starts to gets steeper before the yellow line then lift off altogether, turn in to inside of the right letting the car drop to about 135 kph then keeping the wheel locked foot down. When it works I'm able to change to 4th before the end of the next tunnel. Oh and before leaving it today I was managing to get a faster 1st sector by staying in 5th braking gently to the curb on the left of the chicane down to 4th while turning right and if the lines right i could floor it but it threw me off everytime breaking for the next uphill right.

another quick crazy bouncy go

1'08.750

I brake just after the last little bit where it starts to gets steeper before the yellow line then lift off altogether, turn in to inside of the right letting the car drop to about 135 kph then keeping the wheel locked foot down. When it works I'm able to change to 4th before the end of the next tunnel. Oh and before leaving it today I was managing to get a faster 1st sector by staying in 5th braking gently to the curb on the left of the chicane down to 4th while turning right and if the lines right i could floor it but it threw me off everytime breaking for the next uphill right.
I noticed you have to hit the second kerb to be able to keep it flat on the exit.

Latest Posts

Back