• Tuning: Prohibited
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional
  • Custom Wheels , Paint and Racing #: N/A
Course Settings:
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real
full

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Rumbles are track. Nothing else is track.

Steward's Comments:
We wanted to find a prototpye car that could be driven at Fuji on Race Softs without tuning. Our very own @PASM / Bart found this combo, and it fits the bill. Have fun gettin' it on with this one. 👍

full

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual split times, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

full

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 2 splits: T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion
Splits Sharing

• WRS Participants have traditionally shared splits as a way to reveal their pace without providing the full lap time until the event deadline. Posting of splits is not mandatory, but is considered fair sportsmanship.
  • WRS Admins reserve the right to request posting of splits from members who show a pattern of avoidance or deception in this area.
  • If you fail to comply with a direct request from an admin to post splits for a current or future event, we reserve the right to disqualify your lap from the results.

full

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 159 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot)

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, February 6th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site
Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:

• Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification
full

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Still learning how to drive fast with the wheel, hard task I would say.
tried to submit a lap but it says that front and rear camber/toe values are incorrect,I thought I buyed a new car.I need to pay more attention haha.

Last edited:
Still learning how to drive fast with the wheel, hard task I would say.
tried to submit a lap but it says that front and rear camber/toe values are incorrect,I thought I buyed a new car.I need to pay more attention haha.
Hmm.

What are the camber and toe settings for the new car from the dealership? Might be I had a car from pre-update with the old toe and camber settings. It's my car/lap that the Fetchbot is checking against, so I might need to update it tonight.

I am going to take a look.
1.5/3.5 camber
-0.50/1.00 toe angle
Yeah, I think my car is pre-update spec, which must be why I was faster than everyone else when we tested it. :lol:

I will update the car and the fetchbot checks tonight, which would be around 7-8 hours from now.

Hi,

Best splits, not best lap.

I know why :D

T1 and T2 seem to be easy, first splits after a few discovering-laps with no effort:

the real challenge ist the third sector. Go-Kart like track with a 1000hp/900kg-Monster :nervous:

But it looks way easier for me than the horrible last week 👍

cheers,
D.

Sector 1 is fairly easy, since it only has 1 actual turn in it but, your exit from the last turn can gain or lose 1-2MPHes before you hit the whoa down pedal for T1. Miss that whoa down pedal point by a pubic hair or more and yer gonna lose time to the sector line. That first turn in Sector 2 is a pain to find a brake and turn in point for, the apex and exit are essentially blind, but the rest of it is easy money, so long as you aren't all binary on the go fast pedal. The "chicken" in sector 3 is all about straddling those curbs without wiping out, going binary on the go fast pedal here will not help. Turns 13&15 can be trouble for their off camber and radius configurations and don't do well with binary pedal inputs either. Get that great exit out of 16 and you'll be doing 224+MPH before you have to hit the binders. The problem with going faster down the front straight is, it moves your brake point for turn 1.

Fuji.PNG

Would love to know the proper name for those turns. Really doubt the japanese named turns dunlop, or Coca-Cola :mad: Same with GP/F in Germany. Great map Whisky that's just me :D
Will try the combo later 👍

The Japanese name corners after sponsors....or degrees of turn or the radii of the angle of the dangle...lol, but that's better than 1,2,3 etc.
Traditionally corners are named after things that happened there or what the turn resembles, or what it's near. like Pilgrims Drop at Brands,or Hangar Straight at Silverstone ( it really was an airfield!) or unfortunate names like Lauda Kink. The modern trend , like with sports stadiums, is to sell the bastards.

The older the track the more likely it will have "real names" for the corners....like the "cork screw" or the " "Caracciola Carousel" or "Eau Rouge" .

my pet peeve is the scary fast down hill right hander leading into Indianapolis at La Sarth. Great great corner....no name.Perhaps I should name it with my thoughts as I approach....Oh! Frack! here it comes again corner!

Hit turn 1 well but kinda pooched sector 2 at T6. Still, three and half tenths better at the line than my previous best lap. Previous best sectors are also null and void now too, but these are out of my best lap.

Since I managed that 17 flat, and not real sure how, I expect the D1 folks will get well into the 16s.

Definitely a very fun combo, although going fast is seeming very challenging. I might need to lighten my iron boots somehow. :lol:

Looks like a really fun combo however I'm going to have to take this week off. I'm leaving Minnesota on Wednesday and going to colorado for 6 days for a little vacation and seeing some college friends. So i'll be in for next week's TT :) 👍

Good Luck Everyone! :cheers:

BB 7/10

Jeezus!!!!!!! this things mental :P need some work but I can see where to make some time when I have more of a feel for it... certainly tests your reflexes haha :lol:👍
I was thinking of this crazy thing when I recommended we try and find a prototype to run here on RS.

The rest of them drive even worse without tuning. :lol:

You were there in the results for that one as well...............

Wow that was nearly a decade ago.. where does the time go? :P I still see hekke actively race online for most seasonals etc.. and he's still a fast bugger for an old guy anyway :lol: I'm sure if he lurks he will reply to that ;)

Nice combo Kev and nice to reminisce :cheers:

Hi,

believe it or not, I needed two days/several hours just to reproduce the splits I set with the early "discovery laps". As if there was a lack of PP. This is something which happens to me often and I don't really know why :rolleyes:

found a few hundreds in S1, lost a few hundreds more in S2 :confused: but found at least three tenths across the finish-Line :D

Still a lot to do this week :gtpflag:

cheers,
D.

This is something which happens to me often and I don't really know why :rolleyes:
It might be that your approach during your "discovery" laps is more conducive to setting consistent lap times and keeping the car on track than when you are "pushing".

Keeping your inputs smooth and consistent, and sneaking up on speed by learning where you might be giving up some time is how to improve your laps.

Example this week is turn 1. Have you found the perfect brake marker that allows you to carry speed to the end of the braking zone without coasting or running too deep?

Once you find that perfect braking marker, are you needing to adjust because you found more speed at the end of the straight due to better exit out of the final turn, or better shift point?

Once you learn that point, are you keeping it consistent every time, regardless of whether you got a little bet less of a run down the straight (consistency here is more important). Form the habit and repeat it.

Are you able to hit the apex with consistency (Proper turn in point and release of the brakes), form a consistent throttle on point (including unwinding the wheel while feeding in throttle for little or no wheel spin), and carry out to the exit rumble without straddling it and getting all crazy?

There's a matter of under doing it, doing it right, AND overdoing it.

Sometimes under doing it is actually faster than over doing it.

Doing it right is of course the most difficult, but fastest.

Just a suggestion as it helped me... I found dropping the wheel feedbacks from 10/10 to 8/10 made this car a bit smoother to drive with easier turn in 👍

Latest Posts

Back